- NO-TIE LACING SYSTEM: Turn any pair of lace-up tennis shoes into slip on sneakers. LOCK LACES are the original, PATENTED (US Patent #6026548) no tie shoe laces with over 5 million pairs sold worldwide
- STRETCH FIT COMFORT: Our elastic laces conform to your foot for a custom fit. Added compression reduces discomfort so you can perform your best! LOCK LACES 6-strand fibers are .22 cm in diameter, 48 inches in length and can stretch up to 72 inches
- PERFECT FOR EVERYONE: LOCK LACES, originally designed for triathletes to decrease transition time, are a great gift for seniors suffering from arthritis or other disabilities, autistic children, runners of all ages, and casual users!
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION: One size fits all (kids AND adults), quick to install, and easy to use. Each pair is suitable for lacing up one pair of shoes. Easy installation instructions and videos provided.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: LOCK LACES are guaranteed to last the life of one pair of lace up tennis shoes. We know that once you try them in your shoes, you’ll never go back to traditional shoelaces
Featured items you may like
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Lock Laces are the original, patented elastic no-tie shoelaces with over 5 million pairs sold worldwide. Simply replace your shoelaces with Lock Laces and you’ll never have to worry about your shoes coming untied again! The elastic 6-strand fibers provide firm but flexible support and comfort to keep your feet comfortable throughout the day.
Each pack contains one pair of Lock Laces. Each pair contains two 48” elastic shoelaces, two patented double eyelet lock devices, and two cord clips end pieces.
Turn Any Shoe into a Slip-On
The elastic laces will stretch when you put your foot in the shoe (so you won’t damage the heel) and the lock will keep your laces at the perfect tension. If you suffer from arthritis, have trouble bending down to tie your shoes, or are just tired of tying your kids’ shoes, Lock Laces are perfect for you.
In addition to no-tie convenience, Lock Laces feature the following benefits:
- Easy, Adjustable Tension: Dial in the tightness for extra support before a walk or loosen up to give your feet room to breathe
- Stretch-Fit Comfort: Our firm but flexible elastic laces hug your foot for added comfort and support as your feet swell throughout the day.
- One Size Fits All (kids and adults): Lock Laces are one size and will fit in a wide variety of shoes.
- Simple Installation: Get up and going with Lock Laces in just 5 minutes with our easy installation instructions.
- Water Resistant: Lock Laces are tough enough to stand up to the tests of everyday life. Your shoes will wear down before your Lock Laces will!
Perfect for everyone!
RUNNERS love the adjustable tension and stretch-fit comfort that Lock Laces offer. Dial in the tension before a run and Lock Laces's elasticity will conform to your foot.
TRIATHLETES love the extra few seconds that Lock Laces save them in their bike-to-run transition. These athletes demand the best out of their gear, and Lock Laces deliver!
PARENTS AND KIDS
PARENTS love the time and energy that Lock Laces save them every day getting the kids ready for school.
KIDS love that Lock Laces come in a variety of different colors to match their shoes. Plus, they can wear “big kid” shoes even if they can’t tie their shoes.
SENIORS love the independence and freedom that Lock Laces give them. Arthritis and joint replacements can make tying shoes difficult or even dangerous. Lock Laces help alleviate that danger.
Simple 3-Step Installation
1. Replace your laces
Lace up your shoes as you would for regular shoes. Thread the laces through the passages on the lock device, press down on the top of the lock and slide the lock to the tongue of the shoe.
2. Trim to fit
Use a pair of scissors to trim off the excess laces. We recommend cutting 2-3 inches below the lock to leave room for adjustment.
Secure the clip
Thread the trimmed lace ends through the hole on the cord clip and align with the "teeth" inside. Then, snap the cord clip together to secure.
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Manufacturer : LOCK LACES
- ASIN : B07XB37ZRT
- Item model number : LCKLACE
- Date First Available : June 14, 2017
- Customer Reviews:
No active ingredients.
Compare with similar items
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What works best for us:
1. put the laces in the shoes and the shoes on your kid's feet
2. tighten the laces up like they would wear them and put the toggle up by the top of the tongue
3. cut the extra laces as LONG as you can. This will allow your kid to really open up the shoes to get them on and off.
4. take the shoes off your child, heat seal the ends of the laces, and attach the clip that goes at the end of the laces.
TIP: make sure when you attach the clip at the end of the laces you insert the laces through where the clip bends! This is shown in the product photos but isn't super clear on the packaging.
Leaving the laces a little longer makes it much easier for my son to get his shoes on and off! The laces themselves are durable and very easy for my 6 year old to adjust the tightness... plus he says they make him run super fast!
I'm frugal, and I had an incident where I put lock laces on a pair of shoes too quick, had to return for a different model with a roomier toe box and I went through the painful process of unclamping and re lacing the lock laces without the plastic ends. Then those shoes had a defective tread so I went through the whole process again a month later!
After 400 miles in 4 months it was time I upgraded shoes and with it new lock laces. I thought to myself why even bother cutting them, just thread the extra laces down between the tongue and laces, bring them back up the other side if necessary. [See picture]
The more pairs of shoes you go through each year the more valuable this will be as you don't want to be buying $8 laces every pair of shoes.
Remember to save your old laces somewhere so you can return them to your shoes when they are retired and they become your lawn mowing shoes or tough mudder tributes.
P.S if you're in need of getting these laces out there for the disabled crowd, I'm your guy. Thanks a ton lock laces!
Top international reviews
- I'm impressed. I actually was looking for sport shoe laces and stumbled on this idea - and gave it a try. They talk about children and elderly as target group, I am none of both but find it great. It looks good, and it works. No more open shoelaces, no more binding, no more to tight or to loose.
- It looks a bit different than traditional shoelaces. But not much. So no issue for me.
HOW TO USE:
I personally first tried them on for a day be just binding them like normal shoelaces to find the right pressure. Only after this closed them with the 2 included items. Make sure you leave a bit of lace, like 1-2 inches, so you are flexible and could also use them for a new pair of shoes if required.
The laces continued to untie themselves, becoming a tripping hazard.
I bought these elasticated lock laces which were more than long enough.
I trimmed off over a third to have them fit the way I wanted, and I melted the end to stop the ends fraying.
The shoes are more comfortable now as there is give in the laces, unlike normal laces.
I'm perfectly happy with them.
Bit of hassle fitting them to trail shoes but that's no fault of the laces and once fitted they work fine ;)
Very easy to put in and very easy to use.
The push lock, though not ‘fiddly’, may be a little difficult for arthritis sufferers - but still surely easier than tying normal laces.
I’m using these in my work boots - so they're definitely going to get put through a test of quality and durability.
If (when?) they break I’ll come back and re-review...
Honestly worth every penny for anyone with a hatred of re-tying laces, ability issues or just looking for an alternative to hickies
As easy to fit as normal laces, but the genius happens after, simply release the bracket both the laces and shoe are loose enough to pull your foot out of, or slip your feet into, tighten back up, job a good'un!
I bought three different colours to match various casual shoes, boots and golf shoes and the difference in style and fit is awesome
Completely recommended for ease of use!
I’m glad I did - they turn your shoes into ‘slip ons’ and make them even comfier. They help your shoes expand while running/walking, being elastic, instead of staying tight in situations where normal laces would (I didn’t notice this with normal laces in fairness, but really notice the extra comfort the elastic laces provide by expanding when needed).
They look a bit strange when you first put them on as they need to (sort of) bend into place. But after wearing them a few times they are amazing.
My main concern was that they would look weird compared to normal laces but you don’t notice the difference (as you don’t look at your laces normally anyway). I think they actually look pretty cool now.
5/5. Maybe not the best suited for any formal shoes but I would definitely buy again for any running/gym shoes no doubt (especially if my original laces broke again).
It took me 30 mins to remove the old set using a scalpel and retrofit these. Had no issues since. And they colour match!