- File Size: 1383 KB
- Print Length: 23 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: July 7, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00LMN5QYY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,475,212 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Lockwood Collection Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Regan, an art student vying for a placement in Waterford Gallery, sees her artistic output begin to change in tone after receiving an antique wooden box, a Lockwood family heirloom, containing artist's crafting tools and pigments from her father. The image she paints subconsciously with these new old tools is dark, unsettling and the best piece of her career. Shaking her foundation and making her look for answers. But all families that are wealthy from old money have closely concealed secrets, traditions and legacies that always find their way up the family tree.
"The Lockwood Collection" is a fantastic short read. Heavy and relevant, the subject matter included, which doesn't appear to have a scientific title... yet, seems to be a hot topic issue at the moment but has been prevalent throughout Europe, in a less (debatable) morbid fashion. I.E. Catacombs, Sedlec Ossuary. But an artist dabbling in this medium has to expect (or maybe is hoping for) a shroud of darkness to permeate their lives. Equal parts chilling and curious. I loved "The Lockwood Collection" and experienced some shivers while reading it.
This is my first taste of Mary Rajotte's work and I am sold. I will be reading more.
Check It out.
The aspiring young artist Regan Lockwood wants nothing more than to finally get her own exhibition. So her father's gift comes just right: A collection of old brushes and colors belonging to the family for a long time. What Regan is going to do with this is, now let's say, "surprising".
I would not exactly call me an expert on the subject, but this story has something. Too bad it is so short. One would like to know what's going to happen next in the Lockwood family. I think the author should have the confidence to try for a longer format.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Supernatural
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal