|Print List Price:||$17.99|
Save $7.00 (39%)
Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price set by seller.
Locomotive: (Caldecott Medal Book) Kindle Edition
|Length: 64 pages||Age Level: 4 - 8||Grade Level: P - 3|
Fire TabletsFire Phones
- Similar books to Locomotive: (Caldecott Medal Book)
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
"Here is a road made for crossing the country, a new road of rails made for people to ride." As we read these words we are standing in the center of some railroad tracks staring on a beautiful sunny day at the horizon where they disappear. A couple pages cover the creation of those tracks that were part of the transcontinental railway system, and then we meet our average family. In Omaha, Nebraska, 1869, a family waits for their train. When at last it arrives they board, bound for San Francisco. From here, Floca takes you through every step of this trip. He introduces people like the brakemen or the conductor. He discusses what makes the train run and the places you pass along the way.Read more ›
Mr Brian Floca has done a wonderful job with this book. The story is so well written and the illustrations are beautiful, simply beautiful. What a great way to spend a night riding the rails. He makes you feel like you are right there in the story. This is already going to be a new favorite at my house. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Floca at my local independent bookstore, for an author event, and I was in awe of his great work. His presentation on how he developed the book was phenomenal. He researched and experienced the locomotive, and you can tell his heart is in this book by the way the story just flows on the pages.
This is a keepsake book, the kind you read over and over, and then pass on down through your family.
It is not just a book, but a work of art!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The story is wonderful and the art work spectacular. The grandchildren love this book.Published 12 days ago by Marilyn Huff
I just got this in the mail. It is for my nephew's birthday in 2 days and the book is completely beat up and destroyed. I am LIVID at the poor quality. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Katie Louie
Bought for my 4 year old grandson ( not your typical 4 year old...) who is really into trains & steam engines... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Cherie
This book is one of a kind. The pictures are so lovely and the information is provided in an interesting way for the reader. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Heather
The illustrations are super but the writing is a tad overworked.Published 1 month ago by Monica Collins
I absolutely love this book!! It's great for kiddos of all ages.Published 2 months ago by sunshine5300
Great book! I love the information on trains and the old ways, while my 2 year old loves the pictures and sounds. The artwork is fantastic. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Roger Jackman
Beautiful illustrations and writing take you, the reader, on a journey cross-country in a train ride at the birth of the railway. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Joy Pacifico
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Children's Books > Cars, Trains & Things That Go > Trains
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Explore the World > United States
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Multicultural Stories
- Books > Children's Books > History > United States > 1800s
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works > Heavy Machinery
- Books > History
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Cars, Trains & Things That Go > Trains
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Geography & Cultures > Explore the World > United States
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > History > United States > 1800s
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science, Nature & How It Works > Heavy Machinery