Lodge Enameled Cast-Iron 3-Quart Dutch Oven, Cafe Brown
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Porcelain surface eliminates the need to season
- Tightly fitting lid seals in moisture
- Superior heat distribution and retention
- Two layers of porcelain enamel are chip resistant
- Easy clean up
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
My only complaint is the same as most others, the lid knob. I am at a loss as to why Lodge would put a plastic knob on a cast iron dutch oven. That said I have not had any problems with it but it does concern me. If it becomes a problem I will simply replace it with a metal knob from the hardware store.
- It cooks like an enameled cast iron pot should.
- Enamel stained after 1st use (tomato sauce). I'm talking about the white cooking surface
- The bottom is not 100% flat. I have a glass top range and either the enamel is really slippery or the bottom is not 100% flat. It is flat enough, and I would have no problems on a gas or coil heating element.
- The color is meh. Granted, I just bought the cheapest color available, and it is cheapest for a reason. It is meh. It's not just the "cafe" color, per se, the enamel just isn't as brilliant as my Le Cruesets or even my brown Mario Batali.
All that being said, for $35, this is a great product. And, if after a couple years it falls apart or it gets dropped or something, it was only $35. As long as I take good care when cleaning and storing, I don't anticipate having any problems.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
First I got the cookbook, Glorious one-pot meals. I used a pan I already had, but this pan really made the difference. Coated cast iron (it's heavy! Read morePublished on October 23, 2011 by spiralmotion
Great value, cooks and cleans up well. Have only used on top of stove, but can see where plastic knob could be issue if placing in a very hot oven.Published on August 16, 2011 by Anon
Perfect shape and size for all of my one-pot meals. Cooks and bakes perfectly! Very easy cleaning with soap and water and a sponge.Published on December 31, 2010 by Collage
I love this little dutch oven. I use it for the usual dutch oven cooking and even for no-knead bread. It's great - heavier than the La Creuset I looked at. Read morePublished on December 21, 2010 by Carolyn Manaugh
I love the look and quality of the 3-qt Dutch Oven however I have a concern about the lid knob. The knob is attached with a metal screw from the underside of the lid which means... Read morePublished on November 19, 2010 by Homespun Girl
I got this as a gift because I have become obsessed with Julia Child and want to make Boeuf Bouguignon. Read morePublished on September 10, 2010 by mdklova
I love this pot for its even cooking and its appearance. But, the glazing chips very easily. I've hot it only a few months, and taken good care by not using sharp utensils and... Read morePublished on February 11, 2010 by M. Mazz
Had the larger size which was a bit big for meals for 2. This size is better suited.Published on February 11, 2010 by Tammy Le Blanc
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.