Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 51-60 of 2,943 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,240 reviews
on December 2, 2011
As a chef, I get to be pretty picky about what I cook with. At home, it is almost entirely cast iron. I've used a handful of different dutch ovens over the years and I've found that most of them are good for little more than boiling water (which is the only reason I hang on to the old one I have). This one, being cast iron, is far more useful.

This provides more even cooking, can withstand greater temperatures, and is far more versatile. I've used this for everything from cooking beans or stews, to braising roasts, to baking bread. Strongly recommended.
on December 6, 2016
Wish I'd found this sooner. I live in an RV, just the two of us, and most of our cooking is well, just for two. Only recently I found out that Lodge makes a small pot. I use this all the time. It does all the wonderful things you'd expect of cast iron cookware. Love it.
on June 19, 2015
This, like all Lodge products, will clearly outlive me AND the apocalype. Can't wait to pair it up with my Lodge cast iron meat rack and roast a chicken in this beast. I'm even thinking of skipping the clay pot this Thanksgiving and roasting a couple of turkey legs and a breast in it, saving us a bit of time and hassle. Not to mention the huge batches of slowly simmered onion soup and corn chowder this winter. Can't think of a single thing that this monster won't handle. Looking forward to cooking with it for years to come!
on November 29, 2016
Love this. I have been wanting a large cast iron pot. This fits the bill!!!! I can't wait to cook soup or chili. I washed it and seasoned it with butter right out of the box. I made sautéed chicken in it the other night with Italian dressing and other seasonings. Didn't stick a bit. I made sure to use some butter as you have to have some fat to season the pot the first few uses. I love that I can use the lid to keep in moisture in the food and keep the oil from splattering me. Made in the USA. ❤ Clean-up easy with hot water.
on August 6, 2013
Take a look in your kitchen and I bet you'll find gadgets you've used once or twice that just take up space. This is definitely not one of them! This baby is an indestructible multitasker.

Rather than waste money on a deep fryer - I have Presto 05442 CoolDaddy Cool-touch Deep Fryer - Black - all I should have done was purchased this and Taylor Classic Candy and Deep-Fry Analog Thermometer. Plus this is a lot easier to clean than a deep fryer with all those annoying parts.

And to bake the perfect rustic loaf - just perfect without ruining your $200 Le Creuset dutch oven.

It can be a pain at first, but just follow the simple directions to season it - be patient and this will outlive you.
on November 27, 2015
I do love me some cat iron cookware. Since I turned my partner on to cooking in cast iron, it's pretty much all we use. She said she wanted a dutch oven for stovetop and oven use, so I picker her up the 10 quart Lodge. I know they come pre-seasoned, but I always wash them with hot soapy water, drive them in a 200* oven then give them a very light coating of lard and bake them for an hour at 500* to reseason. As time goes on, the cast iron just gets better. With a little care, our grandkids will be using this dutch oven to cook for their grandkids.
on February 16, 2016
Just excellent. I don't know what else to say. I use it with induction range. Nothing sticks to it, it heats up and distributes heat evenly. I think lid should use a little bit more coating, because it is hard to do it your self. Otherwise I love it.
on January 19, 2012
Got this because I was sick and tired of having to cook in cheap Chinese made pots and tired of using the Teflon pots that break down and get the coating in your food. I have a few cast iron skillets from Lodge Logic and I love them as well, and will never go back to normal skillets or pots again. Cast iron is the way to go when cooking anything because it applies even heat and in my opinion, the food just taste better. So if you need a new pot why not get the Lodge Logic cast iron, not only because it makes delicious food no matter what your cooking skill level is (on a scale of 1-10, mine is like a -8) and this might be the best part about them...they are made in the USA! Support your country and support your belly!
review image
on February 2, 2017
For a long time our kitchen has been in need of a dutch oven. This one is a well priced, basic dutch oven, and it is made in America, which is always a plus. There are prettier and more expensive ones out there (even from Lodge), and one day when money is less of an issue, maybe I'll buy a prettier and larger one for our kitchen. But in the meantime, I'm thrilled with this piece for the function and price. I'd definitely recommend.
on May 20, 2012
Stuck as I am with an electric range, the Lodge series of cast iron solve so many problems. Their flat bottoms work fine on my smoothtop stove. I'm sure it would work just as well on a gas range. Great cookware.

You can keep a pot of chili or pasta sauce simmering without scorching for hours ... and there is nothing easier to maintain than cast iron. Treated with even minimal care, these will last forever.

Better than teflon, easier to clean than even the best stainless steel, it's better quality and a lot more durable than fancier "quality" pots and pans that cost much more. I've owned all kinds of cookware over the past 40 years and finally, came back to where I started: nothing is better than cast iron and Lodge makes excellent cookware in all the right shapes and sizes. Whatever you need, they make it and you can probably afford it. It doesn't get better than this.

If there is a fault, it is that it is very heavy. This pot, when full, weighs a lot. NOT something to pick up with one hand!

That being said, I have a whole set of this cookware and I love and use every single piece of it. It's the best.