PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited

Showing 1-10 of 518 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 585 reviews
on July 8, 2016
This is a great little dutch oven. After comparing reviews of other brands I'm glad I decided to go with Lodge brand. It's a nice quality, and we like the size for our family of four and it works great for cooking with. At first we didn't follow directions about the coals on top/bottom and burned some meals. But with the cookbook and coals it makes some very nice meals.
on February 1, 2016
I bought the 6 quart one as well. I will be using them both once I season them nicely. In the summer time I rarely use my kitchen unless its a burger on the range top. Its just too hot! These are going to be great for those hot summers where I want other than something on my grill.
on July 2, 2015
Love my Cast Iron Dutch Oven. Now that we are past the family camping trips and are back to just the two of us camping, most of the time, this size Lodge Dutch Oven is perfect for the 2 of us. All we need to bring to cook on is an open fire. For breakfast I can fry sausage on the lid while making an omelet in the oven. Dinner it is perfect to bake 2 seasoned chicken breast, baby potatoes and your favorite vegetable!

Pre-seasoned it comes out of the box ready to use. After clean up I use food quality Beeswax to re-cure it. Works better then oils, and will never spoil, no matter how long you have to store it!

As expected from Lodge cookwear,it is well made top quality cast iron, you can't go wrong with this purchase.

Arrived as expected from Amazon...on time.
on July 25, 2016
If you are going to buy a Dutch oven this is the one. Well made in the U.S.A. Comes pre-seasoned and ready to use. Lodge has a reputation for making cast iron cookware for 120 years and we have other pieces that are more than 20 years old and look like they are new. You can buy this once and use it a lifetime.
on November 12, 2015
Perfect for 3 of us when camping. I take this with me for every campout, I cook over wood made into coals. Its easy to take care of typically when seasoned well, I many times just flip it over and on top of the fire which bakes all the food to a crisp and then I scrape it out and coat it with oil.
on July 12, 2016
I don't think it's possible to cook something in here and not have it taste amazing. Great oven, excellent quality, lid fits tight, legs are long enough to bring it up over the coals. We have made cobler, enchiladas, pull apart bread, beef stew, and a couple breakfast casseroles. Everything turns out great.
on October 6, 2015
I bought this when I did because I was told Lodge was discontinuing this size for the time being.
It came packaged well and undamaged. The preseasoning was good, but, as I always do with new CI, I sdded another coat.
The lid fits well.
The only draw back for me is that the handle is a little tight. It keeps the pot from being balanced from time to time. I will tweak it to correct that problem.
Its a nice pot, and my 1st Lodge piece.
on June 15, 2012
I bought this Lodge Camp Oven for an up-and-coming camping/road trip my husband and I are planning. Since our outdoor cooking experience has only been cooking on gas barbecues, I wanted to practice using it before our trip. I went out and bought a bag of charcoal briquettes and a chimney starter and following the simple instructions in the little book that came with the oven made one the best stews I have ever eaten. Since then we've used it to make roast chicken, pot roast, scalloped potatoes, chili, chicken pot pie, meatloaf, and pineapple upside-down cake. With every meal being a delicious success, I decided to try my hand at baking homemade bread in it. With a simple no-knead bread recipe, a few briquettes, my dutch oven and no bread baking experience, I was amazed at the delicious and beautiful loaf of bread I pulled out of it. And this was in my backyard! I've made 4 loaves of bread in the last 5 days. Every one of them has been perfect.

Cleanup? A breeze. I just pour some warm water in the pot, sit in on the remaining pile of ash and coals for a few minutes, dump it, wipe it out, dry it, and rub a little olive oil over it. It looks like it did the day I pulled it out of the box.
on October 18, 2016
Lodge sets the standard for dutch ovens.

Dutch ovening is an art and this is my favorite canvas. I have multiple sizes to fit my needs. I have strayed from the Lodge brand once and won't do it again. The quality of Lodge is undeniable.
on March 9, 2017
This is my second Lodge Dutch oven and it performs just as well as my original. Beware: once you start making "campfire cobblers" the attendance at your summer cook outs may grow so much that you need a second one too!