Lodge Cast Iron Camp Dutch Oven, 6-Quart
|Color||Camp Dutch Oven|
|Item Weight||19 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The original Lodge Camp Dutch Oven does it all — and it's been everywhere. A flanged lid holds hot coals and flips over for griddling, while the legs keep the oven at an ideal distance from hot coals. Includes Camp Dutch Oven Cooking 101 cookbook.
- PRE-SEASONED COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge provides pre-seasoned cookware with no synthetic chemicals; just soy based vegetable oil. The more you use your iron, the better the seasoning becomes.
- MADE IN THE USA. Lodge has been making cast iron cookware in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (pop. 3,300) since 1896. With over 120 years of experience, their cast iron is known for its high quality design, lifetime durability, and cooking versatility.
- CAMP COOKING 101. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food; it’s about the memories. Whether you’re roasting a chicken in the oven, or cooking chili over the campfire, Lodge has you covered with the included Camp Dutch Oven Cooking 101 cookbook.
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America.
More items to explore
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Lodge Camp Dutch Oven
The Lodge Camp Dutch Oven is the pot that does it all! The flanged lid holds hot coals and inverts for use as a griddle. Need high heat? Situate the Dutch oven perfectly over hot coals, thanks to the integral legs. For slow cooked meals, hang the bail handle over a tripod. Includes Camp Dutch Oven Cooking 101 cookbook.
- Seasoned with 100% natural vegetable oil
- Unparalleled heat retention and even heating
- Use on the grill or over a campfire
- Use to sear, sauté, bake, broil, braise, and fry
Compare with similar items
AmazonBasics Premium Enameled Cast Iron Round Dutch Oven, 5-Quart, Deep Hunter Green
Lodge 12-Inch Aluminum Foil Dutch Oven Liners, 12-Pack, Silver
Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven With Loop Handles, 5 qt
Overmont Camp Dutch Oven 14x14x8.3in All-round Cast Iron Casserole Pot Dual Function Lid Skillet Pre Seasoned with Lid Lifter Handle for Camping Cooking BBQ Baking
Lodge Pre-Seasoned Dutch Oven With Loop Handles and Cast Iron Cover, 7 Quart, Black
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Overmont-US||Amazon.com|
|Color||Camp Dutch Oven||Deep Hunter Green||Silver||Cast Iron||9 Quart Dutch oven||Black|
|Item Dimensions||13.20 x 13.10 x 7.20 inches||13.30 x 10.23 x 4.76 inches||14.06 x 12.56 x 5.45 inches||12.62 x 10.38 x 6.30 inches||13.78 x 9.45 x 7.48 inches||12.00 x 12.00 x 5.50 inches|
|Material||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Aluminum||Cast Iron||cast iron||Cast Iron|
|Size||6-Qt||Round 5-Quart||12-Pack||5 qt||9QT||7 Quart|
Regarding the chip in the finish of the product: It is a result of seasoning the pan in production. The cookware is hanging as it rides on a conveyer through the seasoning process. As it rides through the seasoning tunnel, an electrostatic sprayer applies a natural vegetable oil seasoning to the pan. As it the pan passes through the seasoning ovens, the seasoning oil can sometimes collect into a small bubble at the lowest point of the pan and as it’s heated in the seasoning ovens, that bubble can develop a baked-like surface. That surface can sometimes flake and reveal a brownish color beneath. The brownish color is not rust but caramelized seasoning baked onto the iron itself and disappears with use. It is inherent in the seasoning process and not a defect.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Using it in an oven is even easier than over coals and provides a better baking experience than traditional ovenware. Just remember this version does have legs that stick down.
Prep before first use with new cast-iron cookware;
I do not remember where I originally learned this and there may be better advice out there, but what I have always done with new cast is bake it empty with a coating of shortening before first use. I start with it right side up and set the oven to 150f, an hour later I set it to 250f, and an hour after that 350f. once it has sat at 350 for a while I flip it upside down with a pan on the shelf below it and turn the oven off. I do not open the door again until the outside of the oven is completely cool to the touch. I normally do this in the evening so I can just leave it until morning. I am sure this is overkill, but I have had such good luck with all of my cast over the years that I do not plan to try doing it any different. I believe that this helps to prevent cracks and can help give it a little more seasoning before putting it into use.
I just realized my review sounds like a advertisement, but rest assured I have not received anything from anyone in exchange for anything. It is just the way I feel.
After its use, I clean it with hot soapy water and a brillo pad, easy work. I then coat it with a light layer of cooking oil to keep the seasoning in it.
Going to buy the the smaller versions next.
Stay warm !
If you usually cook for one and this will be your only dutch oven then this is perfect. If you think you may need to cook for 2-3 and want leftovers for later then consider going up one size.
I have used this in campfire, home oven, and with charcoal and it all works great. Cleaning cast iron seemed daunting and confusing at first but once you get the hang of it's easy. I think this would make a good gift for the backyard or outdoors person, especially if they like cooking with charcoal.