Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 125 reviews
on May 9, 2016
LogMeIn has a decent product, but beware their draconian renewal policy and their atrocious customer service. When I first started using LogMeIn, the basic service I needed was free. I used it to maintain my aging mother's computer who lives in another state. A couple of years later they began to charge for the service at the rate of $34/year, which I was glad to pay. In 2014 they raised the yearly fee to 74 without any notice, just charged my credit card. Then in 2015 LogMeIn raised it again to $104, again, without notifying me. When the credit card bill came I called to cancel the service and request a refund. They agreed to cancel effective November of 2016, but they would not cancel effective November of 2015 and they would not refund my money, saying I had not given them 30 days notice prior to the renewal date. I asked them to produce evidence that they had notified me of the price increase in a timely manner prior to my renewal date, which they were unable to do, but still refused to refund my fee. Their argument is that their product now has multiple new features which make it worth the extra money. Unfortunately, I do not need any of those incremental features.
Bottom line: hold onto your wallet if you intend to do business with LogMeIn!!!!!
on January 6, 2013
I was pretty unhappy with the interface once I logged on to the remote computer. Since my Kindle is in fact a tablet, your finger becomes the mouse, which presents some problems when you need to right click on something on the remote computers desktop or any open program windows. So log me in cleverly provides a virtual mouse with controls for left and right click, but not for left click and hold, making it impossible to use a scroll bar except by incrementally tapping the up/down arrows. Drove me to the use of inappropriate sailors language. (if I am being stupid and missed something here.....please correct me.)

The image is clean however, and there is a function to allow you to view more than one monitor.Essential for me. Installed easily. User friendly interface. [ Being able to do company payroll while in New Orleans for the holidays made the price a steal for me ]

I would have rated this 5 stars except for the mouse/scroll issue.
on July 1, 2014
No longer free. Not sure what I am paying for now. I opted for the $50 a year grandfather package. I get less than I did with the free service. I am now limited to two machines, I have a dashboard, but that does me diddly since it is only two machines.

I will not be renewing this contract or use the software further after the year is up. There are so many remote login programs that are FREE and many are now filling the gap left by LogMeIn with features that in my opinion are far better than LogMeIn.

Honestly though, price killed it.

I would give 0 stars if I could for a piece of software you can get for free, that LogMeIn is trying to charge 100$ a year for for two machine retail.
on July 9, 2015
LogMeIn works great.

I have two offices, three computers, and an iPhone.

LogMeIn works with all of those, so that I have access to all my files from each computer and my iPhone.

LogMeIn has saved me many times. One time I was at the airport, about to fly out. I used my iPhone with LogMeIn to retrieve a much needed file that was on my office computer.

I am a Chemical Engineer, working in a refinery. I can launch refinery proprietary software on my Desktop, go to a remote meeting, and view/edit the graphs and data from that Desktop software on my iPhone, by accessing my office computer with iPhone LogMeIn. And then discuss those in the meeting.

5 Stars, beyond doubt.
on July 17, 2014
I paid $30 for this app a few years ago. App works good but Logmein is getting greedy and changing their free service to a subscription based one. They are now giving away this app that used to cost $30. People like me that invested in the app development are now getting trown to the curb. I am now using teamviewer and love it. Don't waist your time with this app just go get teamviewer.
on April 30, 2014
I love LogMein enough when I'm using a PC or laptop that I actually paid the money when they suddenly stopped offering free basic service a few months ago (more lead time would've been nice, though). But I've tried the app on both my Kindle Fire and my iPhone, and find it too difficult to use, can't manipulate things to make things happen the way I want. I'm sure that lots of practice would help, but I think cloud storage is a much more user friendly way to get at files than this. I'm not sure that any other service would do it better -- pretty hard to emulate your PC on a small screen with no mouse.
on June 1, 2017
Works as intended! Thanks!!
on March 27, 2014
It is absolutely horrible now. Before I paid like fourteen dollars for this app. Now its free and you have to pay to use it. So I paid fourteen dollars for an app that I now have to pay to use. Guess they turned into money hogs like so many companies do.Thanks HogMeIn. I'm using TeamViewer now. It's free and works great!
on April 5, 2015
Not a free app. Free 14 day trial only. Logmein used to be my favorite remote support. Now with remote desktop and screen sharing for free with google hangouts logmein should be worried about their pay system.
on February 26, 2014
Long time LogMeIn user, in regards to calendar time, but in real use time, less than 4 hours spread over 4 years. First off, the Kindle Fire HD app is marvelous, response time is good, the user controls are easy to figure out, and it does what it says it does, 5 stars for that part. The 2 star rating is due to the subscription price which is simply outlandish for what I need it for. The only time I use this app is when away from home and I check in on the home camera system to make sure all is well. That's it, no other use. $5 a month for something I use maybe 4 times a year, totally and completely ridiculous!!! Not gonna happen. I am grandfathered in because I was a long time user before the KindleFire came along, so I get 6 months free use. Well, guess what's going to happen at the end of that? I can tell you, another solution besides LogMeIn. Idiots have completely priced themselves out of the casual user market. They can have their overpriced wonder and I hope they love it.