Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

90%
10%

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on March 9, 2017
My daughter loved Suzanne's books. She's an avid reader, and went through them at max speed. :)
on September 14, 2016
It's a suitable story for my grand daughter.
on May 3, 2016
I loved this book. It was so adorable. It's the 2nd Suzanne Burke book I've read and I really enjoy how she writes from Logan's perspective. I now look at my retired racing greyhounds and wonder if they think the same things that Logan does. I also recommend this book for kids who have animals or who are thinking about getting a pet. It also deals with bullying, which, in this day and age, is a good lesson on how bullying impacts others.
on April 30, 2016
Have not currently read this book but I've heard it's absolutely awesome I will write a review after I read
on April 25, 2015
I received a copy to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed here are my own.

There is so much to love about this book. I have to admit that my husband raised grey hounds for years and I knew nothing about this breed. My husband worked for the dog track in Sarasota, Florida. He was always telling me what great dogs they are.

In this story we meet Logan a golden greyhound who wakes up in ancient Egypt. There he meets Cleopatra and her greyhounds. He doesn't know how or why he is there. Zeus is Cleopatra's body guard and doesn't like Logan at all. Logan will play a major part and be declared a hero before the story is done. There is also the underlying message about bullying that children will definitely be able to relate to.

I enjoyed not only the story, but the valuable information found at the back of the book. I didn't know that there were penalties for killing dogs in ancient Egypt. I also didn't know that only royalty could own greyhounds. As an adult I loved this book and I'm sure my students will love it just as much.
on October 19, 2014
Fabulous book. Great for adults and children alike. This book also gives great general information about Greyhounds, while at the same time giving information about the author's own experience as a Greyhound owner. I LOVED this book and would suggest it to anyone .Addresses the issue of "Bullying" in an understandable manner. 10 stars
on July 11, 2014
A very good book. Again lots of good information about greyhounds. I purchased copies after reading for 2 nephews age 8.
on May 17, 2014
This is a fabulous introduction to Greyhounds. I loved the personalities-so typical of real Greys and their distinct personalities. I am Mom to Sid, who looks amazingly like Logan, and Tura, a brindle "little princess" who also has the ability to sense thunderstorms. Great informative read!
on January 18, 2014
Very cute book. It is a children's book but very well written and I actually enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next one.
on December 2, 2013
This is a wonderful book, that Children love and it teaches them things in a fun way with such an engaging story and very lovable characters, this book left my 7 year old wanting more and asking to finish reading the story so he could find out what happen next.