Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Logic Pro X For Dummies (For Dummies Series) Paperback – August 1, 2014
|New from||Used from|
"Rebound" by Kwame Alexander
Don't miss best-selling author Kwame Alexander's "Rebound," a new companion novel to his Newbery Award-winner, "The Crossover," illustrated with striking graphic novel panels. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
- Record and edit live audio and MIDI tracks
- Use real, virtual, and touch instruments in your recordings
- Add your own creative spin with effects and plug-ins
- Create and export professional-quality tracks and demos
Produce audio like the pros with this complete, easy guide
Want to create great recordings with Logic Pro X but don’t know where to begin? Fear not! Logic Pro X For Dummies provides all the details you need to produce great sounds from start to finish. Use this comprehensive guide to find out how to create projects, record and edit live audio and MIDI tracks, work with effects, mix songs, and much more!
- Think like a pro — get started with Logic Pro X by setting up your computer, connecting hardware, and starting your first project
- Go digital — dig into the basics of digital audio, including audio file types, 24-bit recording, working with MIDI devices, and much more
- Virtually perfect — make music with virtual instruments, work with the Ultrabeat interface, use virtual vintage instruments, and conduct a virtual orchestra
- Dive into the details — work with tracks and beat map MIDI regions, create folder tracks, edit audio, use flex pitch for tuning, and dive deeper to create super sounds
- Mix, master, and share — understand all the important mixing concepts, master final tracks, and share your music on iTunes®
Open the book and find:
- Tips to start using Logic Pro quickly to produce great sounds
- A complete overview of Logic Pro projects
- Tricks on using smart controls and key commands
- The lowdown on virtual instruments and Ultrabeat
- Info on producing sounds with great effects
- Everything you need to beat map MIDI regions
- Tricks to help with audio editing and tuning
- How to control signal flow and adjust track EQ
About the Author
Graham English is the cofounder of logicstudiotraining.com, the leading premium tutorial website for learning Logic Pro. Graham is an experienced writer, instructor, and entertainer and has been a music and audio professional for more than twenty-five years.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There are many take aways and Graham does a great job demonstrating areas of Logic Pro X that are vague to figure out on your own in the App.
What's great about this book is it's easy to find what you're looking for, and when you find it, there's real depth in explanation.
Chapter 10, "Playing Virtual Vintage Instruments" is great. Graham covered in detail how to use Vintage B3, Clav, Electric Piano and the AMAZING Retro Synth.
I tweaked a lot of my settings and my tracks sound a lot better with just a few of the tips he's written.
Graham did a great job on the book, and the bonus material downloads on Logicstudiotraining.com are sweet!
Looking forward to learning more from Graham!
I understand how DAWs work because I was a Sonar user but when I switched to Logic Pro I was baffled. This book helped a lot.
It is not a reference manual and does not go into great depth. What it does do is give you an introduction to the software so that you can begin developing the skills you need to build a workflow.
If you are new to Logic Pro and want help in getting started, you may find this book accessible and useful. It will not make you an expert but I suspect that takes a couple of years.
Graham comes across very caring, informative, yet easy to follow. Loving it, and Logic Pro X so far!
DAW of my choice...../