- Series: Studies in Logic, Language, and Information
- Paperback: 124 pages
- Publisher: Center for the Study of Language and Inf; n edition (June 1, 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1881526992
- ISBN-13: 978-1881526995
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.5 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,492,187 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Logic and Visual Information (Studies in Logic, Language, and Information) n Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
"This nice and clearly written book is an appropriate introduction to the contemporary subject of visual representation of logical systems." Branislav Boricic, Mathematical Reviews
"Hammer is very clear and meticulous in presenting the technical material. His logicca analysis of diagrammatic systems will serve as future reference for anybody trying to formalize and legitimize the use of any particular kind of diagram." Isabel Luengo, Journal of symbolic Journal
This book examines the logical foundations of visual information: information presented in the form of diagrams, graphs, charts, tables, and maps. The importance of visual information is clear from its frequent presence in everyday reasoning and communication, and also in computation.
Browse award-winning titles. See more