Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse, Large Mouse, Computer Wireless Mouse
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Color: Silver|Change

on December 14, 2012
Bought this for my dad, and I think I will get one for myself. It feels like the first time in years that I've used a mouse that was shaped and sized normally. By normally I mean actually as long as my hand, with some real height and width. Not sure why it's impossible to find a non-gaming mouse that fits in your hand, but aside from this, they are really hard to come by. Scroll wheel feels nice, not too clicky or smooth. Buttons do not feel like cheap microswitches. The finish on the mouse is just right, not too slick or sticky. From the short time I used the mouse, did not see anything wrong with it. If the batteries last as long as they purport to (2 years?), it'll be a sweet deal.
on December 8, 2013
I have been a loyal Logitech user for many years and had always been very happy with their products until I bought this mouse. This is without a doubt the worst tracking, most aggravating mouse I've ever owned. I'm TRYING to use it now. Constantly jerking, lagging or freezing. Do not buy this mouse.
on July 30, 2010
I must say that I'm really disapointed in the M510 mouse. I purchased it for use on a light (or blonde) colored tabletop but unfortunately, the mouse does not track very well on light colors. It works great on dark surfaces, or with a newspaper or magazine under it. It is otherwise a very good mouse; the buttons are very responsive.

My only other comment is that in spite of what other reviews say, the mouse does run a little small for someone with large hands. My other Logitech mice are larger & more comfortable for my large hands.

I contacted Logitech support who said that it should track well on light surfaces, that mine mouse may be defective, so I exchanged it but the second one also does not work well on light surfaces.

So if you will use it on dark surfaces, I rate it five stars. For use on light surfaces, it only gets 2 stars.
1818 comments| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2012
Over the past few weeks, I've used the following Logitech mice: M705, M310, and this one, the M510. Of all the mice I've used, the M510 has felt the best in my hand, has the best feel for left/right clicking, and has the best amount/arrangement of buttons. It also has a very nice smooth feel when gliding it on my mouse pad. The M310 seems to have smaller glide pads, and has a slightly slower feel (i.e. some drag) when moving it on the same mouse pad. (I only use my mouse on a mouse pad, so I can't attest to any other surface.) The M705 has the largest pads, and moves the smoothest, but didn't feel as good in my hand as the M510. In fact, it actually made my hand hurt. I don't know if it was the shape, or the stiffness of the right/left click buttons; but my hand hurt after 1 1/2 days of using it.

Mice are very user-specific, depending on the shape/size of a person's hand, and the technique used. So it's impossible to say that a mouse that one person likes will work for another person. But for me, the M510 is the big winner. And the price is nice. I do recommend installing the SetPoint software immediately before using the mouse. It doesn't come with the mouse, but is available in the download section of the Logitech site. It provides more specific options than those available when you just plug in the Unifying receiver and go. The mouse will still work, but in a much more limited capacity.

As others have already pointed out, even though the M510 comes with 2 batteries, it will work using only 1. I prefer using it with only one, because it makes the mouse a bit lighter. With the one battery, it has the right weight, IMO. Also, I checked the batteries that came with my mouse, and they went out of date in 2010. I put in a newer battery, although the mouse still worked with the one(s) that it came with. I also like the fact that the M510 gets great battery life.
on December 10, 2013
I've owned Logitech mice for the las 13 years, from the old MX300 to the MX Performance. Maybe it's just the unit I received, but the movement of the pointer is inconsistent with the movement of my hand. I've already tried all the tricks by customer support to make it better but it didn't fix the issue. Also, the construction feels cheap, specially on the side buttons. I'm very dissapointed, I have no problem with having less features for a 25$ mouse, but quality should be better.

Fortunately Amazon service is great, I've already spoke with them and the item can be returned no questions asked.
on March 4, 2013
I fully recommend this mouse. I have a very small hand (even for a woman) and so I always used small mice because I believed they fit my palm the best. Boy, was I wrong. In terms of sitting at a computer all day, this is by far one of the most comfortable mice I have ever used. The unifying usb is a great if you want to use a logitech keyboard in addition to the mouse and yet only take up one usb port on your laptop.
on March 2, 2015
It is unacceptable, after 5 months of using the rubber part on the right side of the mouse began to fall apart
In much better condition my two mouse from 2011 (Logitech Wireless Mouse M505 and Logitech Wireless Mouse M305 )

I'm disappointed really. Buy another mouse, but not this
review image
on March 15, 2012
I've been trying to work out why I can't move this mouse from corner to corner without the pointer going in a banana shape. The laser is on the right side of the mouse instead of in the middle like any normal mouse. The DPI also seems really low, I can't find any numbers released by Logitech but you're basically stuck with either a low sensitivity or a pointer that skips pixels. All of the buttons are really loud also.

Edit: I've done some testing and I've actually got it working well by removing the Setpoint software and setting the mouse sensitivity quite high in the control panel and also enabling "enhance pointer precision". Although with this enabled there is a lot more jerkiness/lag with the pointer.
on April 15, 2014
This mouse exceeded my expectations in every way for months of use. It is amazing how well it stretches out the life of a pair of batteries, how small the receiver is, how much the feel of the mouse is improved by the heft of the batteries, how much better a mouse feels without having a tether to drag across the desk, and how little performance penalty the wireless functionality imparts. Unfortunately, after some months of use the rubber grip on the side has become sticky to the touch. The bit just under the place where my thumb rests has a large dent where the rubber has basically melted away, and the mouse is very unpleasant to touch in this area. I did not expect a $25 mouse to last forever, but I'm disappointed that this device must be retired long before any signs of mechanical wear are evident - at a little less than a year old, the mouse will not outlive the batteries or the mousepad that it is paired with.
on December 4, 2010
I am a new Imac user and I got the magic mouse with my new Imac. It suppose to change the way we use it, but I hated it. Sorry it was just tiring for my hands and hard to click.

I researched up and ended up getting this one for one reason: Deep comfort.

It is ergonomically designed mouse so your palm can relax better. The magic mouse was flat and my palm naturally arches upward.

The laser tracking is better than optical because it has more tracking so you'll see accurate and smooooth pointer.

There are no red optical lights or anything that gets in your eyes!

comes with nano receiver so for those who want to use this for a notebook or laptop just plug it in and forget it because it's so tiny.
Comes with 2 duracell batteries (nice huh?)
Long lasting battery life! I been using this mouse since Early October and the battery level indicated in the system menu is top green! Package says 2 year battery life. you can turn it off there is a on/off switch. But I don't turn it off because it's a hassle and still has great battery life.

Other features I like to point out is there is a easy access to back/forward button on the side of your thumb You can change it to your liking. Doesn't have to be back/forward button. I set it as Expose and show widgets.
The scroll wheel has a center downward click that I use to show desktop right away . The scroll wheel also tilts left & right and I use it as back and forward button on the internet browser.

You can set it up how you like it . It is very easy. It does not come with cd software . It will work right away as a basic mouse but if you want to program these buttons you can download it from Logitech. And it is very easy to program.

here's the link

[...]

I give it a 4.5 stars (sorry can't select that..either 4 or 5) why? because since there are more buttons on it you will see a lot of gaps that is waiting to trap dust and dirt (for those who loves eating finger food watch out). Just clean it every week should do it. I am already seeing dust trapped between the scroll wheel and gaps between the side buttons.