Top positive review
60 people found this helpful
Very nice KB, review compares to a Dell SK-8115 (very different KB)
on February 28, 2015
- Very nice KB, very different than a Dell SK-8115 (see pics).
- I am a software dev so I do a lot of typing and have adapted to a lot of KBs, both these KBs are good but be aware of the differences. This Logitech (which I prefer) has low profile keys, short keystroke, and is quiet (not silent, but very quiet), and has a softer feel, the Dell (which I worked on for many years as well) is about the opposite, longer keystroke, not nearly as quiet (actually fairly "clackity" to use a technical term : ) ), it has a bouncy/spring back feel to it (you notice the longer keystroke and definite bounce back of the key). Anyway, it's of course your personal preference, I just wanted to pass along some observations.
- If you are on the fence then the $14 price of this Logitech (don't let the low price on this KB worry you this is a very nice KB) is much better than the $30 Dell price.
- Finally, why 4 stars instead of 5, I just could never give a Logitech product 5 stars based on their abysmal customer service over the years (cool products, terrible service).
- RE: the pics, just showing the diff design and key profiles, you can see the Dell has almost twice the stroke as the Logitech.