Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.82 shipping
Logitech 920-005510 Ultrathin Magnetic Clip-on Keyboard Cover for iPad Air, Space Grey
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air (5th Generation): Built-in Bluetooth keyboard with full-size keys and iOS shortcuts for fast, fluid typing
- Thin, light aluminum screen cover: Complements and protects your iPad in style
- Powerful magnetic clips: The cover and iPad stay perfectly aligned and securely closed when you are on the go
- Sturdy iPad stand: A magnetic groove holds iPad upright at the ideal angle for typing and interacting with the touch screen
- Auto wake/sleep: Automatically wakes your iPad when you open the cover and puts it to sleep when closed
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Logitech 920-005510 Ultrathin Magnetic Clip-on Keyboard Cover for iPad Air, Space Grey
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$4.48||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||7 Day Sale||alwayz-on-sale||LMA Integration||alwayz-on-sale||P.I.E.||Arteck|
|Are Batteries Included||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Are Batteries Required||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Color||Space Grey||White||Black||Midnight Navy||Black||Silver|
|Connectivity Technology||Bluetooth||Wireless||Wireless||Bluetooth||—||bluetooth, usb|
|Item Dimensions||7.95 x 0.71 x 9.96 in||0.29 x 6.67 x 9.45 in||0.87 x 7.6 x 9.8 in||0.76 x 7.16 x 9.84 in||8.6 x 0.87 x 11 in||7.05 x 9.5 x 0.74 in|
|Item Weight||0.84 lb||0.74 lb||0.73 lb||0.77 lb||1.3 lbs||0.73 lb|
Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover For iPad Air
The Other Half Of Your iPad
How do you make your iPad even more perfect? Protect it with this ultrathin aluminum screen cover that doubles as a wireless keyboard for iPad. The Bluetooth keyboard gives you an incredibly fast, fluid, and comfortable typing experience with the reassuring “click” of real keys. Just as you would expect from Logitech.
Images of iPad and Ultrathin Keyboard Cover are for demonstration purposes only. Actual product may vary slightly. iPad sold separately. Product shown using iPad mini model. iPad sold separately.
- Integrated thin, light Bluetooth keyboard
- Full-size keys and iOS shortcuts
- Protective aluminum screen cover
- iPad stand
- Secure magnetic closure
- Auto on/off wakes/sleeps iPad
- Rechargeable (USB cable included)
- Works with iPad Air only
Thin, Light Bluetooth Keyboard
- Weighs only 336g (0.74 lbs.) and measures just 7.3mm (0.29 in.) thick
- Includes time-saving iOS shortcut keys for copy, paste, undo, and more
- Helps you type as quickly on iPad as you would with a standard keyboard
- Frees up screen space on iPad
Leading Design Based On Decades Of Expertise And Research
- Despite its smaller size, the key size has been maximized
- No learning curve - the same keys as standard keyboards
The Perfect Complement To Your iPad
The keyboard cover fits your iPad so perfectly, you can hardly tell them apart.
- Touch screen protection
- Ultrathin aluminum design
Clever Magnetic Clips
Powerful magnetic clips keep the Ultrathin Keyboard Cover securely attached to your iPad.
- Works with the magnets in the frame of iPad
- Draws iPad and cover together and aligns them perfectly
- Keeps the cover firmly in place when you’re on the go
A magnetic groove located behind the keyboard holds iPad upright at an ideal angle for both typing and interacting with the touch screen.
Rechargeable With Auto-Wake/Sleep
- Wakes iPad when you open the cover and puts it to sleep when you close it
- Helps preserve battery life of both iPad and the keyboard
- Easy recharging with included USB cable - get up to three months of battery life on a full charge*
* Based on an average use of two hours per day.
What's In The Box?
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- USB cable for charging
- iPad Air
Top customer reviews
Logitech clearly gambled here. They released this keyboard within a week after the iPad Air was released. Since Apple does not share specs on their devices before they are released, Logitech must have been basing this on some of the parts that were leaked from Apple factories in China. It fits nicely, but two major problems that they could not have foreseen: the magnets do not line up, and the plastic part of the keyboard lifts upward (almost peels off) off the aluminum part once you put the iPad in viewing/typing mode. They could not have foreseen this because the "leaked" parts only contained the outer shell, not the positioning of the magnets nor the weight/density of the iPad, which this keyboard cover is clearly not built to hold. It makes a hideous sounding plastic creaking noise whenever you put the iPad in or touch the iPad, like you do frequently on a touch screen device! With regard to the magnets - if you pick up the iPad, the keyboard no longer goes with it (like in previous versions for the iPad 2/3/4) - it will fall to the ground.
I know I am not the only person who had these problems. Logitech originally posted this product on Amazon as its own product listing, separate from the iPad 2/3/4 Keyboard. They got about 45 reviews with a 2.5 star average due to these issues. They then did something VERY CLEVER. They killed that listing and just added the iPad Air as an option to their very popular listing for the iPad 2/3/4 Ultra Thin Keyboard Cover. This got rid of the bad reviews for the iPad Air keyboard to-date, and drowned out future bad reviews with the 2000+ excellent reviews for the older generation keyboard (which again, is a great product). Since the most helpful reviews float to the top (rather than the most recent) and they have a long history of people voting them as helpful on the iPad 2/3/4 version, it makes it very hard to see the problems with the iPad Air version.
On top of all this, I emailed their support well within their 30 day return policy and they never got back to me. I followed up via phone still within 30 days from when I received the product and they said they could not help me, that it was outside the 30 day policy. They are using the purchase date as the start of that 30 day policy (even though I didn't get it until a week later), and they are saying they never received my email. I am shocked that a company like Logitech would pull tactics like this. After a long history of buying Logitech products, from mice to keyboards to webcams to the Ultra Thin Keyboard Cover for the iPad 4, I will never buy from this company again. I wish I had bought on Amazon instead of direct through Logitech. I know Amazon would have taken great care of me.
It appears that the product listing on Amazon has again been split for the iPad Air and iPad 2/3/4. I think Amazon made Logitech play by the rules here, and this is good news as it makes it much more clear how the iPad Air version of this keyboard stacks up. Hopefully Logitech fixes the problems with future batches of this device, as it does have the potential to be great once again.
1. Keyboard cover does not close properly, leaving my iPad on until it shuts off automatically.
2. Magnets on Ultrathin Keyboard are not aligned properly to the proper points of the iPad. This means that you will notice that when closed, the keyboard is off center - sticking out by 1/8" on one end, and sticking inward by 1/8".
3. Nice gap between the keyboard and iPad when closed. Unlike the one for my iPad 2, you really feel afraid to carry it around as you feel it will pop open under most circumstances.
4. Magnets in the placeholder groove are WEAK WEAK WEAK. This has been expressed in several other reviews here, so I figure there isn't much more to say here.
I plan on calling Logitech directly to see if these issues have been corrected, and I just got early stock. I certainly hope so, because I love this style of keyboard [Sorry Zagg!]. NOTE TO LOGITECH: Ever heard of the words 'Product Recall'?!?!
In any case, hello Best Buy! I have a useless keyboard to return.
UPDATE **: I contacted Logitech Customer Support about the aforementioned issues. With the exception of the clasp issue, which they stated was intentional due to previous complaints about scratching the glass, they completely ignored the other issues I mentioned and told me that this was the "only version" they were making of the Ultrathin keyboard for the iPad Air.
I also asked them whether or not, by chance, an initial bad batch was released with poor QA peformed on it. That inquiry was as well totally ignored.
That said, after reading another reviewer's assertion that perhaps it was a case of defective QA in the first run, I thought I would take a shot and order one from Amazon. Believe it or not, the magnets are placed in their proper place at the hinge [meaning the iPad is now aligned!], my iPad falls nicely into place in the white groove, and while a disconcerting gap at the closure still remains, my iPad does appear to close each time, checked in a dark room.
So bottom line, it is a crap shoot whether or not you get a ''good one'.
Given the lousy way Logitech is handling all this, whereby instead of fessing up that mistakes were made, and providing an earnest effort to send a replacement postage free to the initial purchasers, I am leaving this at 1 star.
Until they do ALL their loyal users right, or provide you assurances that they got your back, I am not going to do them any favors.
-Keys are an ok size. Smaller than a laptop, as you'd expect since an iPad Air is smaller than a laptop. But nicely useable for me.
-Easy to pair. A couple of taps and it was set.
-Single viewing position holder was a good angle for me. Not adjustable and the device just sits there without being held in, but worked fine for me.
-Keyboard folds shut but does not close magnetically or or with a physical latch. This means your iPad does not turn off, which is huge. The keyboard also just sort of flops so is much less secure, seems breakage prone as a result and comes open in an briefcase. Very different than any other iPad case or folio I've used.
Very disappointed with the cons and returning this.