Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX" and save over 90% off the $49.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX
|Price:||$23.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Free, high quality video calls with synchronized audio
- Works with Skype, MSN Messenger, Yahoo, and AIM
- Integrated microphone with RightSound technology
- RightLight technology provides bright images in low light situations
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Widescreen Video Calling and Recording, 1080p Camera, Desktop or Laptop Webcam
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||Athena Project||Amazon.com||Nebraska Blvd||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||3 x 8 x 8 in||7.52 x 2.83 x 8.94 in||1.75 x 1.55 x 4.28 in||3 x 6 x 8.25 in||3 x 8.25 x 6 in||3 x 8.25 x 6 in|
|Item Weight||—||5.76 ounces||3.2 ounces||0.6 lb||5.6 ounces||5.29 ounces|
Tired of boring old text chat? Make your Instant Messages come to life and video conference with ease with this Logitecn USB Quick Cam Communicate Web Camera. It features a USB interface, a 6-foot long cable, and an adjustable monitor clip for ease of use!
Amazon.com Product Description Video communication made easy. QuickCam Communicate STX takes your video communications to the next level. Clearer video with 640 x 480 VGA quality and RightLight technology provides improved image clarity even in low light, and your calls are always echo-free with the integrated microphone and RightSound technology.
- Enjoy free, high quality video calls with synchronized audio via Skype—full-screen with Windows Live Messenger.
- Make live video calls to friends and family! Enjoy two-way, real-time video calls with integrated audio—the perfect way to stay in touch with friends and family.
Works with these applications (not all services available in all areas):
|VGA video sensor with RightLight technology |
Sharper images and video performance even in dim lighting.
|Integrated Microphone with RightSound technology |
Logitech's exclusive RightSound technology ensures your voice comes through clearly and echo-free.
|Switched privacy shade |
Makes launching, muting and closing video sessions easy.
- Free HP Photosmart Essentials software - Edit and print your photos (web download required).
- Set-up is in 3 quick steps - Logitech software walks you through the process.
- Snapshot button - Taking stills is fast and easy.
- Flexible clip - Attaches to any monitor or notebook, and stands on a tabletop.
- Pentium II 500, Celeron, Athlon processor or higher
- Microsoft Windows 98SE, 2000, Me or XP
- Available USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 port
- Windows compatible soundcard and speakers
- 16-bit color display adapter
- CD-ROM drive
- 200 MB free hard drive space
- 64 MB RAM minimum
- Sensor: High quality VGA
- Video Capture: Up to 640 x 480 pixels
- Still Image Capture: 1.3 mexapixels (interpolated)
- Video File Type: AVI
- Still Image File Types: BMP, JPEG
- Frame Rate: Up to 30 frames per second (with recommended system)
- Field of View: 42 degrees horizontal
- Optics: Fixed focus
- USB 2.0 and 1.1 compliant
- Cable length: 6 ft. USB cable
Applications for Windows
- Live video calls with free trial of Logitech VideoCall for broadband
- Live video integrated with MSN Messenger
- Live video on AIM/AOL Instant Messenger
- Works with Yahoo! Messenger
- Works with Windows Messenger (XP only)
- Includes Logitech QuickCam software for capturing stills and videos
- Web camming software
- Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX camera
- 6 ft. USB cable
- Round desktop base
- Adjustable monitor clip
- Installation CD, including user guide
- Quick-start guide
- Bundled software
- 2-year warranty
Top customer reviews
Technical quality- video quality is fair, Audio quality is fair. For the purposes of programs like skype, or team speak, its great. The mount bends at the back so you can brace it easily. There is a button on the side that allows you to take a picture.
Pro- very cheap, reliable, physical shutter
I was really enticed by the Logitech-supplied head-to-head comparison against the Mac's built in camera. However, I found that the real result was not at all as advertised.
My desktop is superior to my laptop in every way - 2x more RAM, 4 processors vs. 2 (and the workstation's are faster), faster hard drive, and a wired connection instead of wireless. This should have been an unfair comparison from the laptop's point of view.
As soon as I received the package, I was very excited to get it up and running. Installation was extremely simple and went very smoothly. We immediately called my parents to try it out. Unfortunately, we found that the video wound up stuttering and the "Right Light" technology could not settle on a lighting level. We wound up killing it and switching immediately to the laptop - no problems. We tried the Logitech a few more times with same result always. As a result, we have switched back to the laptop and given up on the Logitech for now.
I personally suspect that the "Right Light" feature is to blame. When I have some free time, I will try to rework the lighting in my office to be more ideal.
1. Easy Set-Up : nothing complicated in it..just follow the brief instructions..and you're all set to go in 3-4 minutes.
2. Easy to Use : My parents who aren't much into electronics could start using it in no time.
3. Nice Privacy Filter : I use this when ever I want to use just the microphone and leave out the voice. It is also a pretty handy feature when you store your camera so that dust wont get on the lens/aperture.
4. Excellent Picture Quality : The picture quality was exceptional. It was really clear.
5. Great Sound quality: The microphone delivers a nice voice without much static or disturbances. I am generally at least three feet away from the cam when I speak, and it works fine.
5. Easy to use : No hassles in setting up the camera each time. It automatically starts up whenever you plug in the USB cable.
5. Good Add-ons : It comes with a program through which you can create different types of pictures, both stills and videos, that basically lets you have a little fun.
Overall..I loved it.