Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 138 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 197 reviews
on May 12, 2009
Short and sweet... This is a great headset that provides outstanding audio quality for Skype calls (the primary reason I purchased them). Best of all, it worked right out of the box with my Mac (OS X 10.5.7) and required absolutely no tweaking of any kind. I plugged it in, selected "Logitech USB Headset" from my Skype audio input/output menu, and I was smiling and dialing! While it's slightly bulky, it is lightweight and very comfortable on the head and ears.

I will be using this headset for long conference calls with my customers, and judging from my first day using it, the Logitech/Skype combo easily provides the best audio quality for bridged conference calls than any other method I have used. I can't speak to its effectiveness with music (that's not what I bought it for), but I suspect it will have good to excellent quality there, too.

And, you can't beat the price for this headset -- significantly less than similar sets from Sennheiser and others (good stuff, but insanely priced).

Three thumbs up, especially if you are a Mac user!
VINE VOICEon October 15, 2008
Bought this specifically for Skype with my Mac and it works wonderfully. I plugged it in, changed the audio preferences in Skype, and voila! it worked beautifully.

Sound quality is good. My callers tell me that the audio quality is excellent, and I have no complaints.

What I like about this headset:
1. Inexpensive
2. Easy to use - nice long cord
3. Controls are super easy to use while in a call - easily mute or adjust volume while on a call
4. Red light lights up on mic boom while line is muted. Good visual reminder (you can just see it while wearing the headset)

What I don't like:
1. The USB connector is a bit long - about 2", so it sticks out pretty far from the side of the Mac. When plugged into the right side usb port, it interferes with mousing just a bit.

2. Ear pads are stiff. But hey, what do you expect for $40?

3. Cord is not supple - its thickness indicates that it will probably last a while and be fairly durable, but the trade-off is that it is a bit stiff while you are working at a desk.

Overall, a great buy, and much easier to use than some earlier Plantronics USB-based headsets I have used (that required their own drivers and settings - bah!). I have not used them for music or gaming, so I can't comment on their performance in that respect, but I suspect that they would be adequate
on April 20, 2010
I purchased these for online classes so I wear them for approx. 8 hours at a time. I read ALOT of reviews before settling on these. The ear pieces are very comfortable but the head band can be irritating. It's not very rounded at the peak so I find myself sliding the headphones around looking for a more comfortable spot. Voices come through loud and clear - no static. I've also used the headphones to listen to music and they sound fine to me. I'm not really picky about speakers so you might not want to take my opinion on that :) The noise cancelling microphone is great. I have noisy pumps from a fish tank right beside my desk but my classmates never heard them when I spoke. The mic also conveniently slides up out of the way when you don't need it. Everything seems solidly made except for the expansion slots on either side. They don't move when you have them on your head but when you take the headphones off they slide out to their max. size. I worry that one day they won't go back to size while I'm wearing them. Other than a couple minor irritations, I would definitely recommend these headphones.
on November 30, 2011
I bought this item for my son to use while taking classes on-line. So far he has used it for three months and it is functioning as well if not better than expected. I read as many reviews as I could before choosing this headset, both here on Amazon and at other sites. I believe this was an excellent choice for our purposes and I would recommend this headset to anyone needing one for a similar purpose. (I can't say how it does when listening to music.) I have come to trust the Logitech brand and own quite a few of their products.

Edit:
I had to alter my rating from 5-stars to 4-stars because this headset lasted through his courses, but then the connection at the USB broke-down before the 6th month. That was highly disappointing because of the amount of money which was spent on this headset. The sound and audio quality were great, and the rest of the headset is in superb condition. If the user is going to be plugging & unplugging this into a laptop port, I'd say be very careful of the methods used in performing such activities. If the user is going to leave this plugged into a port most of the time, then I'd say you're good to go with these.
After owning several cheap headsets over the years, I finally decided to invest in a quality headset. I've had good experiences with Logitech accessories, so I ordered the ClearChat Pro model, and I haven't regretted it. They're very comfortable, and the sound quality for Skype is phenomenal for this price. The headset installed automatically with no problems on my Windows 7 PC. I use the headset primarily for Skyping, but the sound quality for music is very good also.
on July 19, 2009
If you understand from the start that you'll not get Bose quality sound or performance from this little product, that it is designed to accommodate Windows as well as Apple operating systems--which is no easy feat, and that it primarily designed for "... audio for Internet communications, music, or PC gaming..." then you can appreciate the Logitech ClearChat Pro USB Headset as an affordable, workable solution between cheap, frustrating options and the ultra-superior professional level products. It isn't perfect. It has some odd characteristics for certain machines. It may not be for everyone. (Read all info before you choose the product!) For my low end, rather casual needs, it has proven to be acceptable, and it is much better than an ancient headset / mic combination that I had. I like this product! :)

I have used the Logitech ClearChat Pro on a Macbook (Apple laptop) with Skype, and I had a most satisfying experience. The conversation lasted for nearly one hour and fifteen minutes. I made only one adjustment to the device during the call, which was to enlarge the headset to better reach my ears because I had initially placed it on a bit smaller / tighter than needed. I had no trouble hearing my companion, and she had no trouble hearing me even with a bit of music playing. The sound was strong and consistent with no warbles, drops, or dips at all. Neither one of us had to repeat anything during our talk; in fact, the experience was better than calls I've made with my mobile phone. What I liked about the product during my long call was the length of the cord which gave me the ability to move around a bit without worry about unseating or unplugging the headset during the call. I was quite comfortable to move around in my chair and even stand if need be.

I have used the device on an older eMac with no worries listening to some songs I have on iTunes. Again, not Bose quality, however, the sound was decent enough to use while I was working on the old computer quietly as not to disturb others. I like them better than iPod ear buds or those in-ear things I can tell you! LOL Your ears can get a bit warm though if you camp out too long in front of the computer!

Other reviewers are correct when they say that the product has a large USB plug. It is quite long when compared to other USB devices, so for some people and some laptops, this could present special challenges or usage problems. I did not experience any difficulty; however, I do not have very many other plugin devices. So, there's no competition for my existing ports.

The product works well on my MacBook laptop with expected results. Older Mac Users Note: You might find that you must adjust / control your volume and sound through the Sound control panel in System Preferences rather than from the Logitech device itself. Some design weirdness either through hardware or software issue could affect your ability to use the volume controls on the actual headset (older eMac computer / maybe other old one's too).. Or maybe it's just me / my machine? :) I thought I'd mention that though just so people who have a head up about that possible situation! (This is why I gave the product four stars.) In my experience, I need to let the older Mac know that I've plugged in the headset as it doesn't appear to automatically switch over sound control to it. It isn't hard. The sound panel in System Preferences allows you to achieve what you need. Once you've communicated your wishes the the sound control panel, you can use the Logitech ClearChat for Skype and even to listen to your songs in iTunes. I'm not much of a gammer, but I assume that if you've communicated with the sound panel, the Logitech will handle game music, vox, etc. Others who know about gaming can speak more efficiently on that.

For me, this is a useful product, and I use it primarily with my Macbook. It's all I need for my casual uses. People who use high-end type Skype activities, high-performance gaming, and professional quality music frequently and who expect high quality sound outputs for these endeavors may prefer other devices. However, higher quality equates to higher price. Each person must decide what best serves personal needs. For me, not being a high-end user and not into professional sound activities, I'd rather pay $38 dollars than $200 dollars. :)
on October 22, 2009
I needed a USB headset to be used with my Rosetta Stone Language learning application. This headset was actually listed on a pdf document I found from Rosetta Stone as an approved headset, and I love Logitech products, so I trusted it. I did my research comparing it to other models with better, if not the same reviews, and finally decided to take the plunge. Got a great deal on Amazon and received the unit.

When I plugged it in the first time, it didn't work. Being pretty technical, I restarted the computer and tried again, this time with success. I set it up with Rosetta Stone and it worked just fine. Sound quality was excellent, and the software had no problem understanding my pronunciations (very important when learning Japanese). That would be the last time it ever connected to my machine, however.

I tried to use the headset again on another night of Language lessons, but for some reason, it would not connect to my machine. My home PC is running Windows Vista, so to give the headset the benefit of the doubt, I tried connecting to my laptop using Windows XP. But to no avail. After a few days of this, and realizing that contacting Logitech Customer support would only yield my sending the headset into them, I decided to return it to Amazon.

Since then, I've actually purchased a Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 Headset headset, which is also approved by Rosetta Stone, and it works like a dream. Even with music playback, it sounds like I'm listening to it with my more expensive stereo set up in the living room. I could have just gotten a bad unit, but I didn't want to run the risk of being burned twice. I still trust the Logitech brand and would probably buy from them in the future.
on February 10, 2010
I'm using this headset along with Audacity to record audio files and the sound is very clear. It doesn't pick up on background noise, which is great, because my street constantly has cars zooming down it.

The cord is quite long, so I can move around freely without worrying about it coming unplugged.

The main thing I was worried about was comfort -- a lot of headphones really hurt my ears. These are extremely comfortable! I've worn them for an entire day without having any discomfort.

The only thing I'd say these aren't great for is listening to music. It sounds a bit muffled. You get used to it after a few minutes, but it definitely doesn't sound great.

However, if your main motivation for buying these is to record audio files, I definitely recommend them. The quality is great and you can wear them for extended periods of time comfortably.

Oh, I also use these to talk on Skype, and my friends say that I sound really clear.
on April 2, 2010
I purchased this headset as part of a Soft Phone test. The competition was an older Sony DR-220 and a new KOSS CS-100. The primary goal was to find the best voice quality.

It is clear that the USB Logitech out performs it's less expensive competition. It is definately worth the few extra bucks. Sure, the quality of music on the headset is lacking, the cheesy switch that changes from music, gaming and phone only slightly adjusts the base. If the goal is to be heard clearly on the other end of the call and you can clearly hear the person on the other end, this headset is a great option. You will likely need to play a bit with the Soft Phone head set settingss, but worth doing.

Sony DR-220 - uses 3.5 mm connections - separate mic and speaker
* "Some background noise"
* "A little quite"
* Takes a quarter of a second for sound suppression to adjust voice - two or three words before the microphone makes the voice louder
* Can tell you are on something other than a handset

KOSS CS-100 - uses 3.5 mm connections - separate mic and speaker
* Same quality as the Sony
* Same experience as the Sony

Logitech ClearChat Pro USB - uses USB
* Best quality
* "Sounds a lot better"
* No sound suppression issues
* "Almost sounds high-def"
on July 4, 2010
I bought this head set because I had hoped to have a high quality head set for a work from home customer service job. This headset is so unconfortable to wear, the actual ear speakers are small so the pinches your ear to your head so after and hour or two your ears are sore, so the cheaper phone headsets have that advantage over this one. The volume at the ear piece is not very convenient since you have to apply more pressure on your ear and it's very slow you have to click away at it, I would much rather had have a wheel volume control on the cord. The mic button didn't work, supposidly when the red light was on the mic was on but it didn't, I had to hope the mic was actually off and speak into in to make sure I was heard with or with out the supposed red light indicator, a simple switch would have sovled that problem. The instuctions aren't acurate at all, I bought it since I use windows vista and this headset said listed vista for compatability, in the vista instructions it wrongly predicted where I had to go and what I had to do to set it up, I had to figure that out alone. The sound was good I could hear people and I could be heard but there was no way to tell if my mic was too loud. Stay away from this headset.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question