Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
Logitech V500 Cordless Optical Notebook Mouse
|Price:||$219.49 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Two-button cordless mouse
- 2D Scroll Panel replaces traditional scrolling wheel
- Fused aluminum skin
- 2.4GHz Micro receiver
- Supports USB interface
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Logitech V500 Cordless Optical Notebook Mouse
Logitech Wireless Mini Mouse M187 - Black B0093H4XG8
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Hardware Interface||usb||radio frequency||usb||radio frequency|
|Battery Description||Information not provided||AA||Alkaline||Alkaline|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
The V500 cordless notebook mouse comes fully equipped for the road. Sculpted finger grips provide precise control. The fused aluminum skin and shock-resistant bodywork are robust yet elegantly detailed. And its integrated power management system includes a battery-saving on-off switch and status indicator.
To complete your mobile experience, just pop the receiver back in the chassis, snap it shut, and put the V500 into its protective carry case for easy transport.
|Four-Way Solid-State Scroll Panel |
The four-way scroll panel represents nothing less than a total reinvention of the traditional scroll wheel. Simply slide your finger across the solid-state panel for hyperresponsive vertical and horizontal scrolling--perfect for viewing spreadsheets, images, and other large documents.
|Expandable Chassis |
The patented expandable chassis articulates 7 degrees to fit your hand while in use, and folds flat for travel--the perfect balance of comfort and mobility.
2.4 GHz Micro Receiver
The 2.4 GHz Micro Receiver is a true enterprise-class wireless solution, providing a range of 30 feet (10 meters) with virtually no interference or latency. It also fits inside the mouse for storage, completing a neat, all-in-one package.
All-Terrain Optical Engine
The all-new All-Terrain Optical Engine is the highest-performance compact tracking solution available, with superior surface coverage compared to lesser notebook mice.
Top Customer Reviews
- Sensor: The V500 has bar none the best sensor of all its competitors include similar offerings from Logitech. Unlike the M310 or even the Logitech Cordless Notebook mouse, the V500 works on every surface.
- No auto-power off: This might sound like a negative point but it's not. Mice that automatically shut-off the LED to save power will stutter or lag for a second when you move the mouse after a period of inactivity. This is really annoying to me and I'm glad that Logitech did not include this "feature". If I want to save power, I can use the built in on/off switch.
- Overall Design: The mouse is really comfortable to use and the expanding base makes it feel good in my hands. The slot for the receiver is a nice touch (though in fairness, other mice such as the M310 have this feature as well). The scrolling is very intuitive and feels better than a scroll wheel.
- No middle button: This is probably the biggest problem with the V500. In mice with a normal scroll wheel, you can click the wheel as a third button. Unfortunately, this cannot be done with the V500.
- Side scrolling: As an earlier poster stated, side scrolling on the touch panel doesn't work in all applications. This is a driver problem that hopefully Logitech will correct in the future. It should be noted that aside from spreadsheets, I haven't found a whole lot of need to do side scrolling.
A few things I really like were the fact that the USB receiver was extremely small. My USB ports are on the right side of my laptop and once of my concerns was having a receiver that stuck out too much and interfered with my usage. Well this receiver caused no such problem.
The scrolling was a bit different at first because it doesn't use a scroll wheel but it took me about a day and a half to get use to. Once you get then hang of it, you'll never go back to the tradition wheel. What I liked most is that it took the strain off of my hand and therefore is health conscious.
The retail price of $69.99 was a bit steep but if you can afford it, then it's worth it. I was fortunate enough to get it for about $50.00 on Amazon. I only wish the mouse came in other colors because I have a black laptop and I wanted something to match but I'm sure Logitech will modify the colors in the near future.
Overal, no complaints what so ever. Definitely an incredible mouse. I've tried several different mouse brands: Targus, Kensington, etc. I have to say that Logitech is the best in terms of quality and reliability. Hope this review helps!
Okay, but, initially I found that it hurt my wrist - less so over time.
I find that in meetings the left/right click noise is so loud it's a bit disruptive.
I'm constantly inadvertently triggering the scroll-up sensor. It usually doesn't effect my work but its repeating click noise is always going off, softly.
I think it's a decent power draw on my battery - so I don't last as long off AC in my meetings.
I didn't like the L/R-scroll response but all I had to do is adjust the setting in its SetPoint utility.
I would have liked having "back" and "forward" side buttons like the other Logitech mice have.
That said, I still use it because I still think it's the best product available - albeit embarrassingly expensive.
It gets a lot of attention and it serves what I bought it for pleasingly enough.
1) The scroll pad-sounds like a fantastic thing, not only scrolls up and down, but side to side. But the thing is oversensitive, so if I barely brush it with my fingertip, I often find myself scrolling up when i wanted to scroll down. And often it starts scrolling upwards because I've rested my finger on the up arrow, so now basically i have to keep my finger completely away from that area if I don't want anything unexpected to happen. Conversely, i have a hard time getting it to scroll down just by touching the bottom arrow, it's very touchy going down. What a hassle.
The side to side arrows aren't much use at all, brushing sideways makes the horizontal scroll bar move about 3 pixels per stroke. What a hassle. I'd rather use the Mac's built-in shift-scroll feature to scroll sideways.
2) The sound-the little clicking noise it makes when you scroll is kinda cool, but I'd like to be able to turn it off.
3)-The speed-I guess portable mice are supposed to move quicker to allow for better manuverability in small spaces, but the problem is that whatever settings were changed when I installed this mouse caused my old (Logitech) mouse to get slower! I can't just swap my old and new mice and have them move at the same speed, I have to go to the prefs and change the mouse speed ever time I switch mice. What a hassle.
4) The installation-did I mention I was a Mac user?Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great Mouse. Bought 10 years ago and it is still working. Very durable. Comes with a zippered case that makes it very convenient if you need to be mobile. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Jim Lengyel
I bought this like 5+ years ago and its still working magnificently. Logitech makes the best mice!! I would definitely recommend this mouse to laptop users. Read morePublished on July 12, 2013 by hotbebe711
This mouse is just absolutely brilliant. It fits perfectly in my hand, and is very easy to use. Deducted one point since I at times get unintended scrolling because of the... Read morePublished on April 4, 2011 by Ole Kristian Bangås
The Logitech V500 is a true 3-button wireless mouse which fulfills it's work elegantly within any of the following operating system environment (OS X, Linux (x_86 or PPC), Windows... Read morePublished on September 1, 2010 by Derick Centeno
This is my second V500 mouse; my first one lasted several years before finally giving out. Logitech no longer makes this product, so I had to buy from an individual merchant. Read morePublished on August 4, 2010 by Mokytas
I've used the V500 mouse since 2004 and it's outlasted several notebooks. The self storing usb connector and sleek solid-state "wheel" were strong points both when I purchased it... Read morePublished on December 27, 2009 by D. Johnson
Been using a pair of these--mobile and desktops--for 5 years and lovin it! Like others, i treid a vareity of different ones before finding this one. Read morePublished on September 20, 2009 by L. Pakieser
good product (Logitech v500) at a decent price...I've 3 of these now...very reliable and versatile. It can be used on ANY surfaces. Read morePublished on July 11, 2008 by CNJ