Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 16, 2008
If you have a PS3 and play online, you probably had trouble finding a Bluetooth mic that works without a hitch. The Cordless Vantage is an excellent headset with great battery life that works well with little fuss.

Pros:
12-hour talk time is for real. I played a 14-hour COD4 marathon and didn't run out of power until hour 14.
Noise canceling is excellent. No echoes when listening, and doesn't register my breathing! Comes with a wall charger, and can also be charged via USB with the same cable as your controller. It can be worn on the left or right side, and has it's own mute/volume control.

Cons:
While I think it's comfortable, there is no adjustment for the behind the head loop. If this is for a younger person, or if your head is just small then it may not fit too well.
The earpiece is heavy (must be that 12 hr battery) and wants to slide down if you move around. Without any way to adjust the way it fits this is NOT a headset made for walking down the street, it's for stationary use. The head loop is also cheap feeling compared to the earpiece. It begs careful handling because of the springy feel and how thin the plastic is. Also, you will have to pair it again after you use the wall charger, but not when you use USB. Strange, no?

Conclusion:
The Cordless Vantage is a Bluetooth headset that works well with the PS3. If you like the way it fits then you'll be happy you spent the money.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on June 7, 2010
This is my first headset but i do have basic knowledge that lets me know whether a headset is good or not.
Overall, I love the headset. It hasn't given me any problems so far and the functionality of the mic is easy to use
The audio quality is great I can clearly hear people who also have a great mic. People understand me clearly without any problems. I recommend getting a friend who has a good mic to test this headset with. They'll be able to give you some feedback.
There is a volume button that you push up or down to lower or raise the opponents/friends volume. But this button can also be pressed, which is how everything is controlled. Holding down the button different periods of time provides a different function. I believe the functions are as follows
5 seconds: On/off
1 push: mute on/off
10 seconds: puts the headset in sync mode
There may be other functions but that's basically it.
The fitment of the headset is fine but i could have been better. The part that goes around your neck is not adjustable which i believe was a mistake because not everybody is made the same but like i said it's fine.
Other than that, there isn't much that i don't like about this headset.
It's a great headset that is currently half off on amazon.com jump on it or you'll be paying close to 80 bucks later on.
on May 1, 2010
Not much more to add on to what most people have stated already, this is a great headset! The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is the fact that they didn't make the band adjustable in some way. It would be nice to be able to make the band tighter in some instances, but as it stands it is very comfortable and the sound quality is great. I was using the Sony PS3 headset for a while, but that thing kills my ear after an hour of use. That's what prompted me to buy this model and I'm glad I did.

The only thing I wanted to add is, I almost passed on buying this, because one of the posts mentioned that it wasn't comfortable for people who wear glasses. I gambled and bought it anyway, and I don't find this to be the case. The band sits comfortably above the ends of my glasses and I don't have any issues at all with wearing glasses and the headset at the same time. Just wanted to throw that out there for my fellow optically challenged peers. I guess your experience is going to depend on your type of glasses and how you wear them.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on September 12, 2010
I Bought this wireless headset after a friend of mine told me about it, he has the same excact one and loves it an since Ive know the guy for about twenty some years I trusted him. It works great only took three tries to get it to work only because I think I wasnt reading the instructions right. ( I was excited)

If your looking for something thats easy to set up and wirless I highly recomend this head set, I tried a USB one but I didnt like the way it felt on my head, this one is light weight and you can either charge it with the USB cord OR with a charger that you can plug in it any outlet. The mouth piece is adjustable and there isnt alot of background noise, I mostly used it to play Call Of Duty Modern WarFare 2 and it was great for that, havent tried it with any other games yet. It was a good price and arrived at my house when it said it would.
on April 5, 2008
Best product for PS3 on-line gaming. A lot of people scoff at it's high price, but I've crunched the numbers. I've used Motorola H500 (terrible), Motorola H550 (good/ above average), & Jabra BT125 (good). Besides the Jabra and Madcatz there aren't any blue tooth headsets that are cheaper. By the time you purchase a cell headset you've already spent over $60.00, this device is designed specifically for the PS3. Works flawlessly and the volume, on/ off, mute functions are the easiest to use during game play. Highly recommend this headset, if you don't get it for on-line play I'll enjoy reaping the benefits of your poor play due to a shoddy mic. Oh, and for all the jokers saying "go to e-bay, you're getting robbed in price"...buyer beware. I've been through two fake headsets that totally bent me over due to e-bay. I had to purchase straight from the store, Amazon, or CDW.
32 helpful votes
33 helpful votes
on August 10, 2017
Works great on the PS3
on January 29, 2009
I originally bought this product to replace a bluetooth device that was originally for my phone. I did some shopping around and found that this product was the most bang for your buck. You can adjust it for right or left ear listening which is great. The sound quality is amazing. The life of the battery charge surpasses any other bluetooth device I own. The time required to charge the device is minimal. I havent tried to connect it to my phone but if it works that would be phenomanol. I use this headset for online gaming. COD4 and COD5 are the main games but I have used it for Nascar also with perfect results. I own a PS3 and would not use any other headset while gaming.

June 29 2009, several months of non stop use and still functioning perfectly.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on October 2, 2010
Takes about a day messing with it to find your comfort zone, but once you do its a very nice headset. I've had quite a few and I like the way this one feels and sounds. I've had the official PS3 Bluetooth and while its a pretty good one this Logitech has a much better feel.

Comfort - Feels great once you get it how you like it.
Sound Quality - As good as any other headset I've used
Mic Quality - Everyone says they can hear me fine and they never complain of background noise.
Battery Life - I've had it for about 2 weeks and I've not had to recharge it yet.

I use this for COD:MW2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and NCAA Football and it works great with those 3 titles.
on October 2, 2010
This headset works pretty well with the PS3. I found it to have a quality microphone and quality ear piece. My only complaints are minor. First, it is a little heavy for those used to wired headsets like on the Xbox. Second, the microphone has not mute and is sensitive enough to pickup room noise included conversations from up to a few feet away. Third the linking instructions (it is a Bluetooth headset) are not quite right. The PS3 settings screens have changed the names of a few items. It is not very difficult to find the correct items so I will not describe the process here, just be ready to search for similar names things.
on August 8, 2008
This a good headset from Logitech. The speaker is clear and people seem to be able to hear me clearly also. It is a comfortable behind the head fit and does not irritate after long periods of time. The only complaint I would have with the fit is that the behind the head part comes so far around that it is border-line on my face. Maybe my head is smaller than Logitech intended this headset for, but some kind of adjustable mechanism would have been nice. Another good point would be that this headset works with a bluetooth compatable cell phone. Also, I like that it charges off the wall instead of the PS3. It holds a long charge also.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.