Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Logitech Desktop MK120 Mouse and keyboard Combo
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 12, 2011
Original plan was to purchase a wireless keyboard and mouse combo, after reviews and specs I realized I wasn't a huge fan of any of the options. I reformed my plan to purchase a new keyboard and use an old mouse, well after looking around at various sites I found this combo to be the best.

Keyboard is standard layout and fairly low profile. Feels good to type on and has worked great for gaming so far. Mouse is a standard 2 button and wheel optical mouse works well as well.

Only down side I can see is that the cable seems to be a bit light gauge and may affect the life expectancy of the keyboard or mouse, however if you don't have animals that may eat the cable and if you plan to plug this into an office set up and never remove it I am sure it wont affect its longevity.
0Comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2010
Love the keyboard for its classic design. No more useless fluff like copy and paste buttons, playback buttons, browser... email buttons etc.
The keys are at the right size and shape, no more irregular over sized or shrunk keys.
on February 9, 2011
I've tried many keyboards and mice. I needed a cheap USB combination. This one works but the keyboard is of the cheaper variety. The wires also are of the thinner type I'd think over years not as sturdy if pulled on it.
The length of the cords is good, just their thinness. I've seen this on laptop mice where the wire broke it's connection being pulled too much.
If I had to do it again I would go for Kensington which I think is a definite step up in quality. The mouse also is cheap, the wheel is noisy and rattles.
The reason is that the keyboard and mouse are the main human interface, what you're touching ALL DAY, so why not spend an extra $5.00 for a better quality for something you'll be using every day for years? Alternatively, you do get used to just about any keyboard and mouse that works! Anyway, get this combo for <$20.00. But I'd recommend Kensington. Why has Logitech been making such cheap stuff? Their headphones are also real cheap, quality and price.
UPDATE: Now I like it a lot for the price so I changed my Rating to 5 star. It is easy to use and smooth so I am overlooking the thin cable. The cables are long so that is great.
on March 15, 2011
Pros - Affordable, Comfortable Keyboard, Great for work replacement
Cons - Noisy mouse wheel (clicking) and mouse weight (a little light)
on July 30, 2013
You really can't beat this package for the money. It's not going to blow your socks off while you're typing, but it works perfectly and definitely gets the job done.

Seems durable enough, and have had other Logitech products last me far longer than I expected.
on December 20, 2015
I had given away my Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard of more than a year to my son for a "healthier" gaming which was $20+ at that time.

I reckon I just need a basic keyboard and this KB+Mouse combo seemed like a good deal at $15 bucks. So bought it on March, 2015 and in around September noticing some keys are getting stuck - the keys are not physically getting stuck though but it seems the terminals are. You have to hit the keys repeatedly to get them unstuck - shift, control and sometimes the alt key. This is annoying.

Fast forward today - December. It is doing more frequently now. The mouse still works, but the keyboard is really bad. So I suggest you avoid buying the keyboard K120 (Model MK120 here in Amazon includes the mouse).

Note that I had bought cheap basic keyboards before from Microsoft and HP which is around 10 bucks and took me years of service.

Logitech's quality is going down-hill. And note that this is not limited to their budget line. I have bought their top of the line gaming mice before like the G500 and now the G700s. You'd expect them to last at least about 3 years. But no - my G500 lasted less than a year and thinking it might just be a fluke, got me a G700s which is now 2 years old but having problems with it since a year ago where the scroll has lost it's traction and seems like shorted middle mouse button as well as it just "clicks" on by just moving the mouse. So imagine this in your gaming session when your character in-game performs whatever that is bound to. And now my G13 is also showing signs of giving up on me only after a year.

Having wasted enough money on Logitech - am dropping this brand forever.
on December 19, 2014
I honestly do not remember whether I was given this to review, or whether I bought it, though I think I bought it. My old keyboard and mouse were totally worn out; even my techie said so. This set came at a very reasonable price--yes, I did buy it, and it was somewhere between $15 and $17. Can you think of a better use for that dribble of money than replacing items you use for hours every day? I can't.

My husband told me to leave it alone and get the techie over to install it. I explained plug and play to him, and then went and installed it. I had it up and running within five minutes, and most of that was spent trying to find out where the keyboard was plugged in. Then we asked our techie whether it was legal to throw the old keyboard and mouse away, as he had warned us that some parts of a computer may not be legally thrown away. He said, "Go ahead." So I put it on top of the trash can, and when my husband took out the trash he had the joy of throwing away the dead keyboard and mouse. I haven't named the new mouse yet. Let's see--Speedy? It is. But so is the keyboard, and my fingers still haven't learned the difference between board and goard. But that doesn't matter. I have a guaranteed ten million keystrokes to learn in.

If your computer and/or mouse are getting slower by the second, don't hesitate. Go and buy this combo. You'll be very glad you did.
on May 7, 2012
Both Windows XP and Two Windows 7 64 Bit platforms says this keyboard is a know defective product, Logitech offers no support for it. Don't get conned as I did. Avoid. As I can buy a keyboard at local store for less trouble I'm just going to trash it. The mouse did work and there are no reports of problems with it.
on May 25, 2011
The keys on the keyboard have a mushy, cheap feel to them. It's unsatisfying to type. I have a different Logitech keyboard that I bought from Newegg for $12 or so a few years ago, and it feels much nicer to type on even though they look similar on the surface. One plus about this keyboard is that it has the standard F keys and the insert/home/etc keys are in the right place, unlike those newfangled keyboards that are all screwed up. The only problem with the layout is the Esc key is shifted to the right 0.5", i.e. it's not left-aligned with ~, Tab, Caps Lock.

The mouse is a standard 2 button + wheel mouse. It works fine and at that price I don't have any complaints about it though it does feel a bit light and flimsy.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 24, 2012
This set is a great deal for under $20. Locally or here on Amazon you are hard pressed to find a combo deal like this especially with USB connectivity. The keyboard and mouse are simple USB plug and play, no additional fuss necessary. If you can sacrifice wireless, then this wired USB set is great. Very responsive and quite key presses and mouse clicks. The keyboard has a basic layout, no extra buttons or keys. This set is durable and built well, better than the basic OEM keyboard that came with the computer that I am replacing with this set. For the price, this set is a great value.