Logitech C270 Desktop or Laptop Webcam, HD 720p Widescreen for Video Calling and Recording
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $8.09. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- HD 720p video calling and HD video recording, 2.4 GHz Intel Core2 Duo, 2 GB RAM,200 MB hard drive space
- Video capture: Up to 1280 x 720 pixels, Logitech Fluid Crystal
- Crisp 3 MP photos Technology,Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- compatible with Windows Vista,Windows7 (32-bit or 64-bit)or Windows 8
- built-in microphone filters out background noise
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||4.94 x 9.85 x 6.45 in||3 x 6 x 8.25 in||7.52 x 2.83 x 8.94 in||3 x 8.25 x 6 in||1.75 x 1.55 x 4.28 in||3.7 x 4.49 x 2.4 in|
|Item Weight||19.6 lbs||0.6 lb||7.68 ounces||5.6 ounces||3.2 ounces||5.6 ounces|
|Package Contents |
|Basic requirements: |
For HD 720p video calling on Logitech Vid HD and HD video recording:
For other video-calling clients, please check the recommended
Which Logitech HD Webcam is right for you?
|What to look for||HD Webcam C270||HD Webcam C310||HD Webcam C525||Webcam Pro 9000||HD Webcam C615||HD Pro Webcam C910|
|Video + Photo Quality|
|HD resolution||HD 720p||HD 720p||HD 720p||HD 720p||Full HD 1080p||Full HD 1080p|
|Focus type||Always focused*||Always focused*||Auto Focus||Autofocus||Autofocus||Autofocus|
|Lens type||Plastic lens||Plastic lens||Plastic lens||High-precision Carl Zeiss glass lens||High-precision Carl Zeiss glass lens||High-precision Carl Zeiss glass lens|
|Auto light correction|
|Built-in mic with noise cancellation||Dual mics for stereo audio|
|1-click HD upload to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube**|
|360-degree rotational camera|
|Portable design||Fold-and-go webcam||Fold-and-go webcam|
|Tripod Ready Base|
|Face Tracking|| |
|Works with Windows XP, Vista, 7|
|Works with Mac OS X 10.5 or higher|
* 40 cm and beyond
** Twitter uploading requires software download on the C270. To download, go to logitech.com/support-downloads
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In comparison, the LifeCam 3000 features a wide angle lens which allows for a much better picture. You can see the picture I’ve attached.
I would not recommend this webcam at all.
- This cam takes a really nice picture and records or streams crisp, and without blur or distortion. It worked better than my laptops built in cam.
- I can place it on my secondary laptop, or in a different area of my desk, to get multiple angles while recording or streaming.
- Nice and portable-sized. Not big and bulky, heavy, or with the need to sit on the desk.
- Sleek appearance. The webcam has a nice, rounded appearance that gives it a higher end feel.
- I like that it accommodates a wide screen view and can capture in HD without problems.
- I use this on my laptop and it rests on top. I'm able to slide it around until I get the preferred angle.
- The only real con is that it doesn't clamp down too well. If I accidentally tug on the cord, the webcam easily falls off. I sometimes will let it set on the top of my laptop screen by the hinge (the part that bends) to make it a little harder to knock off. If it could have just a little more stability, it would be awesome.
Overall however, I'm very happy with the purchase and really like this little cam.
However, be warned: THIS VOIDS THE WARRANTY.
You'll need to pop off the case (easily done without tools), and then remove three tiny screws holding the plate. When you have the inside exposed, you can see a tiny nub of glue that holds what looks like a gear surrounding the camera. I took a tiny flathead screwdriver to carefully remove the glue nub. Be very careful as doing this voids the warranty and it is very fragile. You can adjust the focus by rotating the gear clockwise or counter clockwise. Be very careful doing this as well--rotating the gear too far out may disassemble the camera lens.
I have two cats, so I didn't want to risk leaving the covers off. I screwed the plates back on once I had the focus adjusted to where I would be able to take a close up picture of my ID clearly.
I use this for YouTube and what not, them let's plays. Just in case some one was wondering.