Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Office Equipment Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Power surge covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Logitech G MX518 Gaming Mouse
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- HERO Sensor: Our most accurate sensor with pixel-precise tracking at up to 400+ IPS max speed, 16,000 max DPI, and 10x less power consumption than our previous generation
- 32-bit ARM Processor: Processor with onboard memory and 1ms report rate
- Onboard Memory: MX518 comes fully loaded. Save up to five profiles to the onboard memory, using Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) or Logitech G HUB, and take them with you
- On-the-Fly DPI: Cycle up and down through as many as five DPI settings with a single click of the buttons directly above and below the wheel
- 8 Programmable Buttons: 8 buttons to program custom commands and macros
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
MX518 GAMING MOUSE
The beloved MX518 inspired legions of fans around the world to ask Logitech G to bring it out of retirement. And we heard you. We pulled the original tools from the Vault and meticulously restored them—right down to the original glossy keyplate. Then we made it even better, fully loaded with the latest innovations in gaming technology so you can rule the game.
High-performance HERO sensor
The HERO 16K is our most accurate sensor ever. It sets a new bar for pixel-precise tracking, achieving up to 400+ IPS speed across the entire 100-16,000 DPI range—with zero smoothing, filtering or acceleration.
It’s the classic, comfortable shape you know and love, now with the modern components that perform to today’s advanced standards and a new, updated Nightfall color scheme.
8 customizable buttons
Download Logitech Gaming Software to program your favorite commands and macros to each of the 8 buttons. Build, crouch, melee, heal… put your power moves at your fingertips.
Same beast. New power.
We updated the MX518 with our 32-bit ARM processor. It achieves a screaming fast 1ms report rate so your actions are executed as quickly as you can click the buttons.
Save up to five game profiles directly to the mouse using Logitech Gaming Software or Logitech G Hub. Then take them with you anywhere to use on any Windows or Mac computer with no additional software or any login required.
Cycle up and down through as many as five DPI settings with a single click of the buttons. Use the default settings right out of the box or setup your own with Logitech Gaming Software.
Compare with similar items
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's got the same shape, look, and feel as the original, but has some newer tech inside. The only difference in the feel are the non-glossy parts on the sides and around the scroll wheel. The rubberized coating of the old 518 has been replaced with a rough, matte plastic. This is a great change since that rubber junk always deteriorates and turns into a sticky mess after a few years.
The new paint job is quite nice. Gone is the strange dented look. The paint starts as a glossy gray on the buttons and fades to an inky black past the buttons behind the scroll wheel. Tiny metallic specks sparkle throughout. They seem to be a mixture of reddish, and greenish under the fluorescent office lights, but shine bright silver when I shine my cell phone flash on them.
I've also poked around in the new Logitech G HUB software, but have found it to be fairly unintuitive. I had a difficult time, but was eventually able to save a couple different profiles directly to the mouse. This grants the ability to use your mouse profiles on any computer with or without the software.
Long story short, If you're looking to recapture the glory days of CS 1.6 and HL2, don't hesitate to buy this revived piece of history! After a couple days of use, I think it should live up to expectations. If the buttons last as long as my original, I'll keep on using these till I die! I'll only need to keep a couple more stashed away!
Someone at Logitech finally came to their senses it seems. The revamped 518 gives you the best of both worlds: the ergonomics of a 518 body combined with modern internals.
This feels as great in my hand as I remember. Actually I think the build quality on this might be slightly better than the original. The sensor is definitely way more precise. Overall it’s even better than the old 518. Kudos to Logitech for actually listening and giving the people what they were wanting.
- Great ergonomics for right hand mouse users
- Design is simple, but looks great. This mouse does not have any RGB or lighting, which isn't a problem with me but could be to someone who wants a mouse with lighting for their flashy set up.
- The cord is rubberized and is thinner than other Logitech mice I've used before like the g203 (rubber) and the g403 (braided), which is nice because it fits into my mouse bungee a little easier but isn't so thin that it slides around or comes out.
- This mouse weighs 101 grams which isn't the lightest mouse on the market but still feels very manageable and slides across the surface of my mouse pad with ease.
- Hero 16k sensor is one of the best optical sensors on the market right now, feels very responsive and I definitely feel a difference in performance over the g203 I was using before getting the mx518.
- The only issue I've had so far with this mouse is the glossy surface. Although it's sufficiently grippy and aesthetically pleasing (to me, might not be your cup of tea), if you have sweaty hands residue does build up on the surface. Nothing a quick wipe wont fix though.
Top international reviews
Logitech must've understood it was their best mouse because they've tried to recreate it with this new MX 518. Does it succeed? In some ways yes, in a lot of ways no.
-It's the exact same shape so it's comfortable to hold.
-It glides around a hard mouse pad with no issues.
-The cord isn't stuff so it isn't fighting against your movements.
-While I prefer the original look, this one looks great too.
-You can save profiles on it.
-It is so light and feels so cheap and you can tell the plastic body is extremely thinly made. I know some people prefer a light mouse, but this thing feels like it was made with 25% of the plastic used in the original.
-The cord, while soft, is also extremely thin line the body. I don't have confidence that this will last.
-While the shape is perfect, the body doesn't have that nice soft texture that the original had. This one is a stiff, rigid, hard plastic that is really uncomfortable to hold. It's textured but smooth and doesn't give that nice grippy feeling. I don't like it at all.
-There's no lights or RGB at all if you care, but I don't.
The shape is right, but everything else is wrong. When I saw this thing being re-released I was so happy I actually shouted a cheer. But what we inevitably received is something that feels like a $10 knock off with $70 branding. It's still a Logitech mouse so I'm sure it'll last longer than a week, but this is such a huge disappointment in almost every regard. This most definitely is NOT a successor to the original king of mice. Such a damn shame.
Von der Farbe erinnert der Refresh eher an eine MX510, wobei sie eher dezent gehalten wird, passt aber super zu meinen anderen schwarzen Ein- und Ausgabegeräten. Von der Griffigkeit fand ich die G5 besser, hier ist die Oberfläche ziemlich glatt, nicht ideal bei schwitzenden Händen aber durch die Form kein Problem, sie rutscht trotzdem nicht.
Bedenken hatte ich beim Mausrad, das wirkt im Vergleich zu den Vorgängermodellen etwas billig und die Rasterung nicht ganz so genau. Es hat den Test aber mit Bravour bestanden. Ich kann sehr genau meine Waffen wechseln.
Auch der Sensor ist einfach spitze. Ich nutze die G-Hub Software von Logitech. Diese wirkt zwar etwas überladen aber funktioniert tadellos. Hier kann man bis zu 5 DPI Profile einstellen und mit den Tasten neben dem Mausrad umschalten. 16.000 DPI sind finde ich total übertrieben, ich nutze für mein Lieblingsshooter maximal 6.000 DPI, das reicht dicke. Eine höhere Abtastung macht subjektiv keinen Unterschied.
Im Großen und Ganzen bin ich sehr zufrieden mit der Maus. Da ich sie jetzt erst einige Tage besitze, warte ich mal ab. Manche User beklagen, dass die linke Maustaste nach mehreren Monaten Probleme bereitet, zumindest vom Klickgeräusch. Hoffe ich bleibe davor verschont. Sollte es zu Problemen kommen, muss ich meine Rezession natürlich anpassen.
- It is lighter than the original MX518
- It has exactly the same body shape and size as the original
- It is more precise
- It has 4 cursor speeds (DPI settings), the original had 3
- The middle click (the wheel) has a bit more resistance, which I don't really like
- The wheel roll also has a bit more resistance than the original one
- The right and left buttons clicks are noisier than on the original one
Overall it's a great mouse, my original MX518 can finally retire after more than 13 years of loyal services.
I'm not an mouse expert (more than 10 years with the same mouse should prove you that) but I feel this mouse isn't worth the worth the 80$.
I panicked several years ago when my left click started to fail on my g400s. How would I replace it! After trying several other mice ended up ordering several old stock Asian g400s on ebay for a premium. Gotta have a backup!
Then last year my dreams came true. The Legendary MX518 was reborn, I immediately preordered from Logitech. I have since ordered several more now that the price has come down.
Love everything about it, cant live without it!
However if you have never tried this mouse before, I should warn you that it is unlike any other, you will find nothing more comfortable in the event you meet the criteria above, I promise.
If your hands are overly large I'd look elsewhere, my hands are 20cm from wrist to fingertip and it's bordering on being to small.
The cable is excellently light weight and it's as if I have a mouse bungee but I don't.
The middle mouse button is mushy and recessed, if you tend to bind your middle mouse to something important then it might be a big issue for you as it's pretty uncomfortable to press.
As far as the sensor goes, it is absolutely phenomenal, I have used multiple different high end mice in the past with 3310/3360/3366 sensors(Steelseries Rival 300, Nixeus Revel, Zowie FK1+) The Hero 16k feels noticeably more responsive then the aforementioned, It is absolute silk. Regardless whether you end up purchasing this mouse, make sure you end up with the 16k Hero sensor if you're at all interested in competitive gaming.
Scroll wheel a little too free and gives less click "feedback" to the fingers as you move it.
Cord diameter is alarmingly very thin and will likely be the weak point for long-term ownership of this mouse.
Glide pads on the bottom improved from the original and should last longer given this change.
Good priced replacement for the original MX518. A fan of the original should be relatively happy with this purchase as a replacement.
Ich hatte damals schon ein ältere Version dieser Maus und war vollstens zufrieden. Hatte inzwischen als den damaligen Nachfolger schon eine G300s, G403 sowie eine G Pro und bis auf das Wireless Feature bei der G Pro, gibt es bei dieser Maus keinen einzigen Nachteil. Ich war mit keiner Maus bisher so zufrieden, sowie als CSGO Spieler so präzise.
Wenn diese Maus Wireless rauskommen würde, wäre das natürlich ein Traum, aber ich bevorzuge lieber diese Maus als eine andere nur weil sie Wireless ist. Mouse Bungee regelt das Problem.
Im Endeffekt recht identisch, Gweicht, Handling etc. daher nichts falsch gemacht. Kann ich als jahrlanger Nutzer von Logitech nur weiter empfehlen.
Ein Stern Abzug dennoch, weil die seitlichen Daumen-Tasten eher rundlich und flach sind, mir gefielen die der G500 in Grob, Eckig und hervorstehend besser, jetzt ist es gefühlt schwieriger sie mit dem Daumen zu erreichen und zu nutzen.