Logitech Harmony Companion All in One Remote Control for Smart Home and Entertainment Devices, Hub & App, Works With Alexa – Black
|Compatible Devices||TV, Streaming Players|
|Battery Description||Lithium Metal|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)|
About this item
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Performs activities like Lower the blinds, dim the lights, fire-up the TV for movie night—all with a tap of the finger
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app – works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more
- Model: 915-000239 (Control up to 8 Devices). Please refer to the system requirements mentioned in this page
- Internet access- Wi-Fi: Supports 802.11g/n, WPA Personal, WPA2-AES and 64/128-bit WEP encryption
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Logitech Harmony Companion
Control your entertainment and your home from your smartphone
Logitech Harmony Companion integrates connected lights, locks, blinds, thermostats, sensors, home entertainment devices, and more*—all controllable from your Harmony remote or Harmony mobile app. Customized multi-device Activities make movie night more epic, date night cozier or happy hour happier.
Customize your own home experiences
Get your lighting, locks, thermostat and more to work together for one-touch experiences like 'welcome home' or 'good night'. Set room lighting to automatically dim when you start a movie. Turn on multiple devices at a touch, create custom schedules, or trigger them with sensors.
Control from inside or outside your home
Take control of your smart-home and entertainment devices directly from the remote or the Harmony smartphone/tablet app** or use with Amazon’s Alexa for integrated voice controls.
*Smartphone, lights, locks, thermostats, sensors, blinds, and other products sold separately. **Initial online and/or mobile setup required. Data rates may apply for mobile app download.
- Combined home entertainment and automation control.
- Works with Alexa to provide voice-activated controls.
- Controls up to 8 home entertainment devices like set-top boxes.
- No upper limit to the number of home automation devices controlled.
- Harmony App turns iOS and Android smartphones/tablets into personal universal remotes.
Easy home entertainment and automation control
Control home automation devices such as Philips hue lights, Nest Learning Thermostat, August door locks and more—plus advanced home entertainment devices like Apple TV, Roku, or Sonos and game consoles such as Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation3 or Wii.
Touch an Activity button like “Watch TV” and all the right devices change to the right settings. A streamlined button layout and full number pad make it a breeze to change channels, adjust volume, fast-forward and rewind. Plus, you can control individual or grouped devices, like lights or plugs, with dedicated home automation buttons.
Closed cabinet and game console control
The included Harmony Hub sends commands from the remote or Harmony App to your devices using IR, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth wireless signals***. So you can control devices behind closed cabinet doors and access online entertainment services like Netflix and Hulu on your PS3, Wii, Xbox One or Fire TV.
***Wireless and IR range may vary due to environmental conditions.
Alexa voice control
Use Amazon Alexa with your Logitech Harmony hub-based remote to start and stop Harmony Activities, or to turn on your television to your favorite channel. For example, say 'Alexa, turn on the TV' to power on your Harmony Watch TV Activity, or 'Alexa, turn on Netflix' to begin streaming content from your Roku device.
Turn household smartphones into personal remotes
The Harmony App lets anyone in the house turn their iOS or Android smartphone or tablet into a universal remote, complete with up to 50 one-touch Favorite channels and multi-device Activities.
Simple setup on computer or mobile app
Harmony works with over 270,000 devices from 6,000+ brands. Simply connect your remote to your Internet-connected computer, go to setup.myharmony.com, and download the commands for your devices. Or use the Harmony App**** to setup control for your devices in just minutes—right on your smartphone or tablet. Either way, the remote and app are automatically synced up with the commands for all your devices.
****Initial online and/or mobile setup required. Data rates may apply for mobile app download.
What’s in the box
- Harmony Companion remote (with battery).
- Harmony Home Hub.
- IR mini-blaster.
- USB cable.
- AC adapter.
- User documentation.
- Internet access: Wi-Fi: Supports 802.11g/n, WPA Personal, WPA2-AES and 64/128-bit WEP encryption.
- For iOS mobile setup and control: iPhone 4S or later, iPad (3rd generation or later), iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation or later) device with iOS 6.0 or higher.
- For Android mobile setup and control: Wi-Fi enabled smartphone with Android 4.0 or later.
- Harmony App: download from the App Store or Google Play. A supported mobile device is required for setup and control of some home automation devices.
- For Windows-based PC setup: Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista.
- For Intel-based Mac OS computer setup: Mac OS X 10.6 or higher.
|Harmony 650||Harmony Ultimate One||Harmony Home Hub||Harmony Companion||Harmony Elite|
|Highlight||Bright, brilliant home entertainment control||Powerful, seamless home entertainment control||Turn your smartphone into a powerful universal remote control||Control your entertainment and your home from your smartphone||The most powerful, intuitive Harmony remote for home entertainment and home control|
|Number of devices controlled||8||15||8||8||15|
|Works with Alexa||-||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Full-color touchscreen: Tap/swipe channels, control volume/playback; launch multi-device Activities||-||✓||-||-||✓|
|Harmony mobile app: Turn iOS and Android devices into personal universal remotes||-||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Closed cabinet control: Control devices behind cabinet doors and walls||-||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Home automation: Start/stop Activities or devices according to schedules or in response to sensors||-||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Compatibility||Mac/PC||Mac/PC||iOS/Android, Mac/PC||iOS/Android, Mac/PC||iOS/Android, Mac/PC|
|Favorite channels: Customize remote with favorite channels||23||50||50||50||50|
Compare with similar items
Updated SofaBaton U1 Universal Remote with OLED Display and Smartphone APP, All in One Universal Remote Control for up to 15 Entertainment Devices, Compatible with Smart TVs/DVD/STB/Projector so on
Logitech 915-000194 - Harmony Smart Remote Control with Smartphone App - Black (Renewed)
GE Universal Remote Control for Samsung, Vizio, LG, Sony, Sharp, Roku, Apple TV, RCA, Panasonic, Smart TVs, Streaming Players, Blu-ray, DVD, 4-Device, Silver, 33709
|Sold By||Value Stock||SofaBaton||Real Deal sales||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||10.00 x 5.40 x 3.50 inches||7.70 x 1.90 x 1.20 inches||1.00 x 1.00 x 1.00 inches||1.00 x 2.24 x 7.00 inches|
|Item Weight||3.90 ounces||0.64 lbs||1.50 lbs||3.20 ounces|
|Lithium Battery Packaging||Batteries contained in equipment||—||Batteries contained in equipment||—|
|Style||Harmony Companion Remote||—||—||4-Device|
Logitech Harmony Home Control integrates connected lights, locks, binds, thermostats, sensors, home entertainment devices, and more-all controllable from your Harmony remote or mobile app. System Requirements: Wi-Fi: Supports 802.11g/n WPA Personal WPA2-AES and 64/128-bit WEP encryption|iOS: iPhone 4S or later iPad (3rd generation or later) iPad Mini iPod touch (5th generation or later) device with iOS 8.0 or higher
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It feels sturdy and well made. Functionally its brain dead.
- setup and operation depends too much on a smart phone & app. I didn't spend over $100 to use my phone as a remote. Plus it caused my phone battery to drain at warp speed.
- setup on the phone - every..single..time I tried to do something, like setup an activity (action) I would get 'harmony servers unavailable' or whatever the exact message was. I wound up using the PC software to setup activities
- Activities using the remote would work...sometimes
- I setup 1 activity to turn on TV and fire up Slingtv on my Roku ultra. But after watching a while the harmony remote wouldn't control the sling guide or exit out of sling. I'd have to use the roku remote or assign another button on harmony to navigate the sling guide. Yea, no thanks.
- I tried to setup a simple action to turn on my TV and use the built in tuner (input is TV). Didn't work.
- I had other issues but too many to list.
Note. I decided to buy this after reading a recent CNET review where the guy raved about it. Never again. Also, I opened a support ticket and as of this writing, no response.
Bottom line: a terribly inept product that sounds great on paper but fails miserably in execution. Item was Returned.
I had read other reviews and was a little hesitant to order this. My main goal was to be able to control my entertainment system using my Amazon Echo. I had never purchased a high-end universal remote before, and I was hesitant to purchase this one because I read an article on CNET which described how tedious it was to configure the remote, and how difficult it was to get it working correctly with Alexa. More or less, I was half thinking that I should wait for a year or so until the integration was more mature.
On a lark, I decided to order it anyway as a Christmas gift to myself. I'm glad I did- I was quite surprised to find that this was incredibly simple to set up, and after setting up, even more simple to integrate with the Amazon Alexa. I'm also shocked at how intuitive the interface is .. after the negative reviews, I wasn't expecting this.
To be fair- I am a professional computer programmer. One of the reasons that I ordered this "prematurely" is that I felt that if it wasn't completely straightforward to setup, I would at least have a fun project to try to figure out. It turns out that this is 100% consumer ready- no programming skills required. So long as you're semi-aware that your TV might require you to add an additional delay in the startup sequence (very simple to make happen), you can use this. I had the entire system working within an hour. It wasn't difficult at all! To add to the goodness, the physical remote is awesome- and amazingly intuitive to use! Another plus: I can now use my iPhone (or Alexa) to control all of the entertainment in my house! Honestly, this is one of the best purchases I've ever made!
Don't hesitate with this- you'll have to work a bit to set it up, but it's not really that difficult, and everything "just works" beyond that. I'm a very happy customer.
I would give this system four stars before now, but this seems pretty intrusive to arbitrarily remove functionality after I have purchased the product.
Top reviews from other countries
* turn on/off (limited functionality as it is not per device but by activity)
* change channel on CableTV box. (you need to know the channel number as it gets confused when using friendly names, limited channels you can assign friendly names)
* increase/decrease volume. (limited functionality)
Given the progress, my opinion is that it is much easier to use a universal remote than wasting time programming it. it also does not have enough documentation (commands you can use, integration with devices, etc) for you to better understand how it works.
I don't recommend buying it and wasting money if what you are expecting is ease in usage. If you feel you want to challenge yourself rather than relaxing (which is what automating things is for) then be my guest and buy it. For me, the experience has been grueling that I decided to stick to using a universal remote which is cheaper. I will keep it as a memento of the effort that I've put in learning the item and maybe they can improve this over time.
I have a receiver, Apple TV, Samsung tv, Xbox one s and Phillips hue lights. Hue light will work but you won’t get same functionality as from the Hue app.
I could likely go on and on about the issues but I’ll stop here.
I had some reservations about this new system because of some of the reviews I read, but I am really glad I pulled the trigger on this Harmony Companion hub. It is head and shoulders above Logitech's similarly priced handheld remotes in my honest opinion.
I was a little worried about ordering a refurbished device, but this little hub and remote arrived quickly and like new in its original packaging and was quite easy to set up and connect to my home's Wi-Fi. I wasn't able to migrate my devices over from my old Harmony account, but that wasn't a big deal because I had two newer devices that I had not yet entered in my Harmony account.
I had considered ordering just the hub, but I wanted the peace of mind of having a back up handheld remote just in case the mobile app didn't meet my expectations. As it stands now, the handheld remote will likely get very little use because the mobile app really is that good.
I have been searching for years for an app that would turn my mobile phone into a remote control. I hapay to declare that I have finally realized this elusive dream with this hub.
I was able to add a 15-year-old Insignia TV, a 10-year-old Harman Kardon AVR, an old Toshiba HD DVD player, a nearly new Goobang Doo Android box and a Sony PS3 to the app's list of devices without a problem. I was even able to use mobile app to control various functions of my PS3, which allowed me to confirm I had a bad PS3 controller, not a glitched box or game.
I just cannot say enough good things about this system. It gives me full access to my TV and AVR settings when they need tweaking and thebmobike app is more feature laden than the Android box's standard remote control.
I can't offer any feedback on technical support because their help wasn't needed. If I hadn't utilized the set up instructions at the Logitech web page, I might have needed support because the print manual was pretty sparse. We also have no smart devices yet, so I can't offer feedback on how the hub interacts with Alexa or other smart devices or controllers.
Thanks Amazon for providing me another great product at a great price!!