This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard K740 with Laser-etched Backlit Keyboard and Soft-touch Palm Rest
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP or Windows Vista, USB port
- Laser-etched backlit keys, Manual brightness adjustment
- Elegantly designed, Ultra-thin keyboard profile
- Logitech PerfectStroke key system, Soft-touch palm rest
- Full-size layout. Please note: Product is corded.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard K740 with Laser-etched Backlit Keyboard and Soft-touch Palm Rest
Logitech K360 Wireless USB Desktop Keyboard — Compact Full Keyboard, 3-Year Battery Life (Glossy Black)
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Are Batteries Included||No||No||—||Yes||No|
|Are Batteries Required||No||No||No||Yes||No|
|Item Dimensions||18 x 3 x 8 in||2.31 x 8.19 x 18.44 in||5.58 x 18.03 x 1 in||6.5 x 15.56 x 1.75 in||7.5 x 17.6 x 1.5 in|
|Item Weight||2.31 lbs||3 lbs||1.15 lbs||1.64 lbs||2.15 lbs|
Bright, laser-etched, backlit keys provide precise illumination that can be adjusted to suit your needs. The ultra-thin, 9.3 mm profile adds an elegant touch to any desk. The PerfectStroke key system makes every stroke natural and fluid, and the soft-touch palm rest and full-size key layout help you type more comfortably.
From the Manufacturer
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740
Type comfortably—day or night.
Experience better typing—even in the dark—with this elegant illuminated keyboard. Each key is back-lit to help you type easily in any lighting conditions. The keyboard also features a soft-touch palm rest, full-size key layout and Logitech PerfectStroke key system to make typing more comfortable, fluid and whisper-quiet.
- Laser-etched backlit keys
- Ultra-thin 9.3 mm (1/3 inch) profile
- Soft-touch palm rest
- PerfectStroke key system for comfortable typing
- Full-size layout
- Compatible with Windows 8, 7 or Vista
Bright backlit keys
- Sharp, bright laser-etched keys–type easily in low light and even in the dark
- Only the key characters are illuminated so they’re always easy to see and read
- Manual brightness adjustment with three illumination levels to suit any lighting conditions
Logitech PerfectStroke key system
- Distributes typing force evenly across the key surfaces
- Makes every keystroke stroke quiet, natural and smooth—even if you strike the edge of a key
Sleek and slim design
- Ultra-thin profile is only (1/3 inch) from frame to keys—keeps your workspace clean and uncluttered
- Elegant look combine classic black, a touch of orange to identify the FN functions and a transparent frame
- Easily navigate your documents—full-size keys and a number pad are right where you expect them to be
- Press the FN key to easily access the most often used functions like search or email
- Separate keys for quick control of volume, mute, back-light intensity and more
Built-in soft-touch palm rest
- Helps position your hands for more comfortable typing
- Soft, rubber coating for enhanced comfort
Windows 8 start key
Get back to the Start Screen with one easy touch.
What's in the box?
- Logitech Illuminated Keyboard k740
- User Documentation
What you need:
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP
- 1 available USB port
Top customer reviews
1) the keys are matte finished - most keyboards, after many hours of use begin to wear and you begin to get a shine on the keys (specifically the spacebar). I hope the matte coating stays on for a few years
2) the legs for the angle of the keyboard are pretty cheap and don't give enough angle - I ended up putting a piece of half-inch foam under the keyboard to be able to type at a more comfortable angel.
3) keys seem decent quality, but the springs sound a bit cheap - compared to Microsoft or HP keyboards I've owned, the plastic is definitely more hollow/brittle sounding. But none-the-less, this is one of the better Logitech keyboards I've used
Backlight is awesome! Feedback of the keys is awesome!
The switches in these are of the scissor type which is typical of laptop keys. In my opinion the amount of pressure it takes to depress each key is ideal. The keystroke is short, but I don't feel as if my fingers are jarred at the bottom. It is not noiseless, but not excessive. I find the clicking of the keys very satisfying. I type faster and more accurately with this as compared to some other boards. I'm learning to use a mechanical keyboard, but at this point the Logitech is still my preferred board.
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure if there are reprogramable hot keys. I have Logitech software installed for several keyboards but I can't find the settings for this one. I'm sure this info is easy to find.
In conclusion, this board would be a fantastic upgrade for almost any board, especially the stock pieces of junk that come with desktop computers. I would recommend this over any rubber dome type keyboard. You will find that with the shorter keystrokes your typing speed may improve. Those who like mechanical keyboards may like this as well, although this is highly subjective. Fortunately, many computer stores have this on display so you can try it before you buy it, which is a huge plus. I would rate this 5 1/2 stars if I could as I could not find a single negative thing to say about it. Well, with the palm rest it may take up just a little extra real estate on your desktop than other keyboards.
There is a wireless version which is similar to this, but I like the feel of typing on this better. I used to much prefer wireless keyboards and mice for everything. However, after going back to corded it just feels more responsive. How often do you really have to move your keyboard and mouse anyway? Plus, no more dead batteries.
Overall, I'd highly recommend this keyboard, with one caveat:
** Be careful if you plan to use this for FPS games **
There's one extremely specific issue with this keyboard, which is that the way it's built prevents some specific 3-key combinations from being used simultaneously. One of these is Shift+Space+W -- not even remotely an issue normally, but if you're familiar with FPS games, this means that you can't jump (Space) while running (Shift) forward (W). Other than this issue, it's terrific, and I've been using it for tons of other games without difficulty, but it does make FPS games essentially impossible :(
Most recent customer reviews
I just ordered another one, and am hoping this one lasts, longer.Read more