This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard K740 with Laser-etched Backlit Keyboard and Soft-touch Palm Rest
|You Save:||$13.01 (21%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP or Windows Vista, USB port
- Laser-etched backlit keys, Manual brightness adjustment
- Elegantly designed, Ultra-thin keyboard profile
- Logitech PerfectStroke key system, Soft-touch palm rest
- Full-size layout. Please note: Product is corded.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Better Choice Online||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||YOU'R BEST CHOICE|
|Are Batteries Included||No||No||No||No||—||Yes|
|Are Batteries Required||No||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Hardware Connectivity||USB||USB||USB 2.0||USB||USB||Radio Frequency|
|Item Dimensions||18 x 3 x 8 in||2.31 x 8.19 x 18.44 in||1.5 x 19 x 9 in||7.5 x 17.6 x 1.5 in||5.58 x 18.03 x 1 in||6.02 x 17.28 x 0.61 in|
|Item Weight||2.31 lbs||3 lbs||2.6 lbs||2.15 lbs||1.15 lbs||1.54 lbs|
Bright, laser-etched, backlit keys provide precise illumination that can be adjusted to suit your needs. The ultra-thin, 9.3 mm profile adds an elegant touch to any desk. The PerfectStroke key system makes every stroke natural and fluid, and the soft-touch palm rest and full-size key layout help you type more comfortably.
From the Manufacturer
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740
Type comfortably—day or night.
Experience better typing—even in the dark—with this elegant illuminated keyboard. Each key is back-lit to help you type easily in any lighting conditions. The keyboard also features a soft-touch palm rest, full-size key layout and Logitech PerfectStroke key system to make typing more comfortable, fluid and whisper-quiet.
- Laser-etched backlit keys
- Ultra-thin 9.3 mm (1/3 inch) profile
- Soft-touch palm rest
- PerfectStroke key system for comfortable typing
- Full-size layout
- Compatible with Windows 8, 7 or Vista
Bright backlit keys
- Sharp, bright laser-etched keys–type easily in low light and even in the dark
- Only the key characters are illuminated so they’re always easy to see and read
- Manual brightness adjustment with three illumination levels to suit any lighting conditions
Logitech PerfectStroke key system
- Distributes typing force evenly across the key surfaces
- Makes every keystroke stroke quiet, natural and smooth—even if you strike the edge of a key
Sleek and slim design
- Ultra-thin profile is only (1/3 inch) from frame to keys—keeps your workspace clean and uncluttered
- Elegant look combine classic black, a touch of orange to identify the FN functions and a transparent frame
- Easily navigate your documents—full-size keys and a number pad are right where you expect them to be
- Press the FN key to easily access the most often used functions like search or email
- Separate keys for quick control of volume, mute, back-light intensity and more
Built-in soft-touch palm rest
- Helps position your hands for more comfortable typing
- Soft, rubber coating for enhanced comfort
Windows 8 start key
Get back to the Start Screen with one easy touch.
What's in the box?
- Logitech Illuminated Keyboard k740
- User Documentation
What you need:
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP
- 1 available USB port
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Once I received it, my expectations of the keys were correct - very similar to the Clevo and much quieter than the G710+. And like the Clevo, the LED backlighting was more even in the keys but not as bright as the G710, but still very usable and easy to work with in low ambient light. While I liked the extra programmable G-keys on the G10, I adjusted my tiles in the Windows 10 start menu to make the apps I use most easier to access with just the Start key, so I'm not losing the efficiency.
The only drawback I've found is the double-sized Delete key, which moves the Insert key to the F-key line. Still not fully used to that after a couple of months, but I'll get there. Otherwise, it's just what I need in my new locale. Illuminated, quiet, efficient, and easy to type.
Things I like about this keyboard (besides it working with my mac):
1. It looks cool.
2. It has a nice feel, more like a laptop, fast and light. I don't usually like laptop keyboards, but I like this.
3. Excellent fit and finish, quality workmanship and materials. Well worth the 60 bucks I paid for it.
4. The key graphics are very clear.
5. The lighting is easily adjustable, in three increments, plus off.
About the F keys: They all function, but a couple of them map out a bit differently than they normally would. Of course, the PC software that comes with the keyboard does not work with OSX, but my computer had no difficulty recognizing the keyboard. Because the software does not work with OSX, the programmed windows-specific functions do not work. However, F1 through F12 do work just like on a mac, as do the volume up/down/mute and esc keys. The keys labeled INSERT, PRINT SCRN and PAUSE/BREAK correspond in position to F13 -F15 on a mac, but they map out a bit differently. PAUSE/BREAK functions like a normal F15 on the mac, i.e., as brightness up. F1 through F14 are programmable with software (simplekeys, for example, you can find it on versiontracker), so they could function however I wanted them to, just like on a mac. For example, I just configured simplekeys to have my F1 be a shutdown key. Also, there is a FN-F8 combo that will eject discs in the optical drive. To summarize, the F keys all are functional, but not exactly the way they were intended to, and a couple of them map out a bit differently than on a normal mac keyboard. All the F keys are eminently programmable with simple shareware.
The only drawback, and it is a minor one, is that the control/command/option key layout is, alas, of the normal PC variety, and not like a mac. The ALT key is equivalent to the option key on a mac. And the command key has the windows logo on it. This is..... unfortunate. Too bad Logitech doesn't make a mac command key that I could substitute. But I'll just have to live with it.
Overall I am very pleased with this keyboard so far.