Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard K740 with ..." and save 50% off the $79.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
2-Year PC Peripherals Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard K740 with Laser-etched Backlit Keyboard and Soft-touch Palm Rest
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP or Windows Vista, USB port
- Laser-etched backlit keys, Manual brightness adjustment
- Elegantly designed, Ultra-thin keyboard profile
- Logitech PerfectStroke key system, Soft-touch palm rest
- Full-size layout. Please note: Product is corded.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Logitech K800 Wireless Illuminated Keyboard — Backlit Keyboard, Fast-Charging, Dropout-Free 2.4GHz Connection
Kensington Slim Type Wired Keyboard (K72357USA)
CORSAIR K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard - Quiet & Satisfying LED Backlit Keys - Media Controls - Wrist Rest Included – Onboard Macro Recording
Azio Vision Backlit USB Keyboard with Large Print keys and 5 Interchangeable Backlight Colors (KB506) - Wired
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Better Choice Online|
|Are Batteries Included||No||No||No||No||No|
|Are Batteries Required||No||No||No||No||No|
|Connectivity Technology||Wired||Wireless||Wired||usb 2.0||Wired|
|Hardware Connectivity||USB||USB||USB||USB 2.0||USB 2.0|
|Item Dimensions||18 x 3 x 8 in||2.31 x 8.19 x 18.44 in||7.5 x 17.6 x 1.5 in||6.6 x 18.9 x 1.4 in||1.5 x 19 x 9 in|
|Item Weight||2.31 lbs||3.56 lbs||2.15 lbs||1.8 lbs||2.6 lbs|
Bright, laser-etched, backlit keys provide precise illumination that can be adjusted to suit your needs. The ultra-thin, 9.3 mm profile adds an elegant touch to any desk. The PerfectStroke key system makes every stroke natural and fluid, and the soft-touch palm rest and full-size key layout help you type more comfortably.
From the Manufacturer
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740
Type comfortably—day or night.
Experience better typing—even in the dark—with this elegant illuminated keyboard. Each key is back-lit to help you type easily in any lighting conditions. The keyboard also features a soft-touch palm rest, full-size key layout and Logitech PerfectStroke key system to make typing more comfortable, fluid and whisper-quiet.
- Laser-etched backlit keys
- Ultra-thin 9.3 mm (1/3 inch) profile
- Soft-touch palm rest
- PerfectStroke key system for comfortable typing
- Full-size layout
- Compatible with Windows 8, 7 or Vista
Bright backlit keys
- Sharp, bright laser-etched keys–type easily in low light and even in the dark
- Only the key characters are illuminated so they’re always easy to see and read
- Manual brightness adjustment with three illumination levels to suit any lighting conditions
Logitech PerfectStroke key system
- Distributes typing force evenly across the key surfaces
- Makes every keystroke stroke quiet, natural and smooth—even if you strike the edge of a key
Sleek and slim design
- Ultra-thin profile is only (1/3 inch) from frame to keys—keeps your workspace clean and uncluttered
- Elegant look combine classic black, a touch of orange to identify the FN functions and a transparent frame
- Easily navigate your documents—full-size keys and a number pad are right where you expect them to be
- Press the FN key to easily access the most often used functions like search or email
- Separate keys for quick control of volume, mute, back-light intensity and more
Built-in soft-touch palm rest
- Helps position your hands for more comfortable typing
- Soft, rubber coating for enhanced comfort
Windows 8 start key
Get back to the Start Screen with one easy touch.
What's in the box?
- Logitech Illuminated Keyboard k740
- User Documentation
What you need:
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP
- 1 available USB port
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Other considerations. The keyboard is indeed very slim, elegant and the white back-light is even across the keyboard. Not super bright but appropriate to our office environment. I have no need of an illuminated keyboard - unfortunately Logitech does not (appear to) make a comparable keyboard without the back-light.
Since first writing this review (yesterday), 3 of the keys have become skewed or have fallen off entirely. The CTRL key isn't working properly.
I read in one of the earlier reviews that quality has suffered. Unfortunately I can confirm this observation. Looking at the keyboard several of the keys are lop-sided and probable candidates for falling off or jamming. I have not seen this issue on the previous 7 keyboards (all K740) so I have to guess that Logitech have changed something about the manufacture or assembly of these keyboards. Only Logitech can answer that question!
Anyhow, for an expensive keyboard this should not be happening. As a result I've taken 3 stars off the review. Logitech, whatever you've done in respect of manufacture, you need to rethink.
When a Logitech mouse or keyboard fails it can't be fixed. I tried saving $10 by buying a so-called "certified refurbished" K740 through an unknown Amazon seller but it was junk and the seller wouldn't do anything about it, not even reply to me. Pay the extra few dollars and get a brand-new one!
If you are going to get a K740 don't even consider shopping around, no one comes close to Amazon's price, not the office supply stores, not the membership clubs, not the discount superstores. The other store’s prices aren’t even close even if they have the K740 on sale. Just be sure to check closely that Amazon is the actual seller, not a third party. Look closely, as that changes often, sometimes even after you save it to your shopping list.
Wait for Amazon to put it on sale, which seems to be every few weeks. The difference can be substantial.
And finally, just learn to grin and bear it like I did when your Logitech keyboard or mouse drops dead, because one day it will. I've learned to stop getting frustrated with them or even making an attempt at contacting Logitech service. If I get 2-3 years of good use out of any Logitech product I'm satisfied and I've learned not to even try switching brands. I just swallow hard and buy another new Logitech.
I like this keyboard, but I’m not too fond of having to buy a new one every few years. Overall it earns a 4-star rating but I still recommend it.