Logitech MX700 Cordless Optical Mouse (930754-0403)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- MX Optical Engine delivers more accuracy and control than ever before
- Fast RF cordless technology works within a six foot range, even on crowded desks
- Rapid charge base station ensures that your mouse is always ready
- Cruise Control scrolling system provides more efficient scrolling through long documents or web sites
- Two thumb buttons let you quickly move forward or back between pages on the Internet
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Here's the Pro's:
1. Wireless, no cords catching on anything no distance restrictions.
2. Good looking
3. Easy to set up, just plug it in and it works, installing the software is another issue I'll address in a second.
4. NIMH Batteries with a reciever/recharger, the power lasts forever, and simply placing the mouse in the reciever to recharge is a great idea.
5. Semi-customizable buttons may add diversity for some users (I haven't found it very useful with the applications I use.)
1. NOT FOR BIG HANDS!! The ergonomic design is, from what I can tell, aimed at people with small to medium sized hands. I however am 6'5" and have extra large hands that do not fit the ergonomics of this mouse at all, it was actually very uncomfortable at first, but I've slowly gotten used to it.
2. Glitchy control in some applications. From what I've read this issue has to do more with Logitechs software than with the mouse. I use a lot of Adobe and Macromedia products for Graphic and Web design and this mouse just doesn't seem to want to work well with any of them. Left clicking while holding short cut keys has lead to all kinds of strange and annoying results. (to many to list)
3. Limited programming, with my previous mouse (Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer) I had the option of programming each button to activate just about any command I could think of, with any key combination I could want, which made my shortcuts in design applications a breeze, that mouse would also change the button functions depending on which program I had open.Read more ›
The Mx700 is a really good looking mouse, the titanium/black finish matches perfectly with more modern components such as aluminum cases and silver finish monitors. The base station is quite sturdy and the mouse looks very attractive seated in the base unit.
Installation itself is fairly simple, just connect the base station to your computer's usb port and connect the ac adapter to the input at the end of the cable. You will need to charge the mouse for 2 hours before use. Once the mouse is charged, you will need to turn on the computer and install the software.
The mouse itself really shines when browsing, the forward and back buttons on the left side are quite useful. The scroll functions work well in IE, but you will need to change the settings in mozilla to get decent scroll speed, just look under the advanced tab in the settings menu.
I've read some previous complaints about software, but I've found that the MX700 drivers work great. I've also tested this mouse on Redhat 8 with no problems, although it does take some configuration to get the other buttons working. Logitech needs to port mouseware to Linux! Overall, a great mouse.
1. Don't install the software that comes with it. I plugged in the mouse on my windows XP PC, and the mouse works just fine. The only button that would not work without the included software is the one on the center on top of the mouse. Since all this does is toggle between application, it not a big deal (you can use ALT-TAB for the same function). If you really feel the need to customize the buttons, wait for the latest software fixes/updates from logitech.
2. Don't throw away your favorite corded mouse. During gaming (heavy use), the mouse only lasts for about 6-7 hours on a charge. As this mouse runs out of power (needing recharging) you may need your corded mouse still plugged-in handy, if you are in the middle of some action.
3. The mouse feels very different at first, making you want to puke at throwing away you hard earned money. Be patient, this mouse takes time to get used to, and once you get used to it you'll love it! It is so precise, try sniping while running/strafing, you will never go back to your old mouse. The mouse is a little heavier due to the batteries, but since the mouse is so precise you can set it at high sensitivity (you'll get used to it) and you won't have to move it much. I personally like the "weighty" feel of the mouse, reminds me of the good 'ol mouse with a heavy rollerball underneath.
This an excellent mouse and well worth it with the $20 rebate.
1. Ease of installation and use: It was a breeze to install and use. The software configuration utility that comes with it is excellent. It tells you when the battery is running low.
2. Charging system: The mouse came with two rechargeable batteries and a charging stand. The batteries last upto 18 hrs of use before they need to be recharged and usually recharge in a couple of hours. This mouse is not a battery guzzler.
3. Functionality and ergonomics: The scrolling is fast, smooth, and accurate. I have had no problems with any kind of signal interference. The shape is comfortable and I love the back/forward buttons.
4. Looks: The metallic on silver design perfectly complements my Viewsonic VA720 silver flat panel. The styling is modern, yet elegant.
MY RECOMMENDATION: This mouse is well worth the money. You won't regret buying this peripheral for your computer. Go ahead and pamper yourself.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've been using my MX-700 hard for thirteen years. I've replaced the rechargeable batteries (2AA NiMH) several times. I've had it apart many times for cleaning. Read morePublished 5 months ago by WryCoder
Wish they still made it. Best mouse ever for righties. None of the new and improved models match it for comfort and usability.Published 12 months ago by J. Ringloff
It was kind of dirty out the box but it works great for my gaming needs so thanksPublished 16 months ago by Joven
I can't believe they still sell this mouse! I say that because I have owned one for about 6 years now without fail and love it. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Jeff
Love it! The contour is very comfortable. It was used but in great condition.Published 20 months ago by mdonavan
This is the best mouse ever designed, and now almost impossible to get your hands on. When I find one, I like to purchase them. Read morePublished on June 12, 2014 by heartlandhosting
Bought this model when it first came out and it still working just great many years later. Hope their quality is as good now as it was back then.Published on May 4, 2014 by Margaret Cooper