Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 323 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 341 reviews
on May 8, 2015
I purchased a 2-pack of these, and they both have tracking issues with an X-Trac mouse pad that has a gray-black-white hex grid pattern on its surface. The problem went away with use of a plain white piece of paper for tracking. The mouse pad never gave me any problems with several years of use and several different mouses, so I have to assume that this mouse is of inferior construction. It also will be an expense to find an aesthetically pleasing mouse pad that works with this mouse.

I like the appearance and feel of the mouse, but because of this issue I would not buy again. While in use, the mouse pointer occasionally jumps to a completely different part of the screen (again, both mouses do this on these X-Trac mouse pads).

This incidentally caused me to knock a star off of the X-Trac mouse pad, which is a shame as it has never failed me until I used this mouse with it, and with only 2 other reviewers, I drove the average down a bit. But I have now established that the pads aren't good for every optical mouse and have certain quality requirements.
on November 29, 2016
This is a classic example of a ps2 mouse from way back in the day when USB didn't exist. The mouse itself is standard size, the scrolling wheel works just fine and the optical laser works just like today's wireless mouse devices. Make sure to plug the PS2 connector BEFORE turning on the computer or it won't work... PS2 stuff isn't hot swappable like USB devices.
on November 3, 2015
Not a bad mouse, but I didn't realize I was getting a mouse with a PS/2 connector. It does say it's a PS/2 mouse, but I was thinking that it was PC-compatible, not that it had a PS/2 connector. That's more my fault than the seller, but better wording would help. The seller did include an adapter to allow the PS/2 connector to plug into a USB port, but there are double ports on the PS/2 side and so it blocks one of my USB ports. The mouse functions well, as all Logitech products have for us for decades.
on October 17, 2014
I had to go back to the old PS/2 because I was having problems starting the computer with the USB wireless mouse plugged in . It is nice to have the old style handy until I can have the problem fixed . the only down side is the wire but I can live with it for a while. it works well and the buttons and slider are sturdy and fits well in my hand . All I did was plug it into the port and restart the computer .I highly recommend this product to any one.
on July 23, 2016
The reason for buying this is the PS/2 port cord. If you build a PC or trouble shoot PC this can be important as it gives you a way to have a mouse without reliance on USB ports. The PS/2 port is a small round interface not much bigger then you audit cable port compared to the larger rectangular USB port. It is build into most motherboards though I have heard that some newer motherboards are not including the PS/2 port.

I was trouble shooting a motherboard with only one USB port working so I could not get a USB keyboard and a USB mouse to both work. Thank you Amazon for offering same day shipping on this simple PS/2 mouse.

This is not a gamer mouse and is just really simple bare bones mouse on a cable. Everything works fine. Two buttons and a scroll bar.

I would recommend keeping one on hand as an emergency backup.
on December 9, 2015
I use this mouse with legacy systems where USB ports are limited and USB mouse support is iffy. The SBF96 gives me the foolproof compatibility of PS/2 combined with the precision and durability of the optical sensor. Overall, I couldn't be happier.

Aside from the PS/2 connector, this is a standard Logitech optical mouse. It's small and light compared to Microsoft mice, and the sensitivity is just right without any tweaks. Like most Logitech products, it's a bit on the flimsy side, but this is excusable given the price. I've been using mine for about a year, and it seems to be holding up well. All three buttons work fine, and the scroll wheel feels good. I do plenty of gaming with this mouse, and don't have any complaints.

If you appreciate the simplicity of PS/2 but don't want to hassle with a trackball, this is the mouse to get.
on February 14, 2016
It is hard finding PS/2 mice. No one has them it seems. Since I have the ports, I thought why not find one, right? Well it was difficult. But, I did find one and I am glad I did. I have had all assortment of mice. Wireless, wired, usb, buttons, and they all worked well, but there were problems. Wireless mice do lose connectivity. For detailed work, I have a Wacom Tablet. What I needed was a serviceable mouse. Logitech, in my opinion, does make the best peripherals, keyboards and mice in particular. I was very happy with this purchase. It works well. The mouse was in excellent condition, although it came in a plastic bag not a box, that was not issue. There is no software needed to use it. I was so happy with this mouse I bought a second one. If you have PS/2 ports, you may want to give this a try. If you are wed to multi function mice,this is not for you. Being wired is not an issue for me. I am very pleased with this
on September 17, 2017
It works well most of the time, but every few minutes jumps someplace else on the screen. Totally unusable for operating complex software where you really need to be at the right location when you click on something. Looking for a replacement after I finish this review.
on September 24, 2015
For the price you get a properly functional mouse. The buttons and wheel all operate normally an the connector is of good quality. The ergonomics are bare-bones but acceptable. The only issue is it's somewhat narrower than average - enough for me to notice. If you have big hands, you probably will want something wider to work with.

(Note that this is the PS/2 model and some modern basic motherboards no longer have the port. I like them because is something really goes wrong, the BIOS is somewhat more likely to find the PS/2 port, which has its own hardware interrupt, than the USB connections.)
on May 12, 2016
Sorry, I couldn't resist the title. This is another case where there's really not much to review. It's a standard three button mouse with scroll that connects to a PS/2 port. If you have limited USB ports and have a PS/2 port this is a good basic mouse to get, but if you want extra buttons or wireless you may want to look somewhere else.