About the product
- Bulk/Retail - Retail
- Connectivity - Wireless
- Color - Black
- - Use your Logitech Cordless MediaBoard Pro up to 30 feet (10 meters) away from your PLAYSTATION3.
- Integrated touch pad with vertical scrolling
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Cordless MediaBoard Pro -- Complete your PLAYSTATION3 experience with a Bluetooth cordless keyboard. Use Cordless MediaBoard Pro to quickly set up profiles, enter Web addresses, and send text messages. A built-in touch pad with vertical scrolling eliminates the need for a mouse. Quick media keys simplify Web browsing and provide easy access to entertainment media.
Top Customer Reviews
- Does exactly what it I wanted it to do: replace the on-screen keyboard for my PS3.
- Setup was easy. It took me longer to open the package it came in than it did to setup.
- Comfortable keyboard. Keys have a lot of travel and don't feel wobbly at all.
- Trackpad is very convenient.
- Prt Scr key takes a screenshot.
Cons (nothing too severe, just personal nitpicks)
- Feels a little cheaply made. Specifically, the underside of the keyboard and the row of chrome buttons near the top. The power switch, menu and Blu-Ray control buttons are very loose. The underside has a weird crosshatch design to it. I can't explain why, but it feels cheap to the touch.
- Trackpad is recessed about 1/8" beneath the top surface. It doesn't affect usability, but I would have preferred it to be flush with the surface.
- Runs on batteries. I have a solar-powered Logitech keyboard for my computer, and I would never buy a battery-powered keyboard again if I had the choice. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there is one available for the PS3.
- Aesthetics. The black gloss and chrome look matches well with the classic PS3, but doesn't match with my matte PS3 slim. I don't really care about the matching, but matte is my preferred look in general.
- Trackpad is too small. I'm still happy to have one versus not having one, but a larger trackpad would have been nice.
- Not a great value at $79.99.
- Shipping time. It took a couple days for this item to be shipped out after I ordered it. I have Amazon Prime and used the 2-day shipping option. I ordered a separate item with standard shipping at the same time. For that item, the delivery window was one to three weeks. Which one arrived first? The standard shipping item! The keyboard did arrive on the estimated shipping date, so it didn't take longer than I was told, but it did take longer than I'm used to for a Prime-eligible order.
Like I said in the "Pros," this keyboard does what I wanted to do, and does it well, which is why it gets 4-stars from me. The cons I listed aren't serious flaws, but keep it from getting 5-stars. In the end, I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a replacement for the PS3's on-screen keyboard.
The mouse area is actually quite responsive as well. I strongly recommend it for anyone playing Final Fantasy 14, or who just wants to fart around on their PS3 instead of their computer.
As a person who loves mechanical keyboards, I found that it's actually fairly pleasant to use (I typically hate rubber dome keyboards - they don't feel as tactile). That wasn't a problem with this one. The keys feel quite sturdy and responsive. It is rather large I'll admit - I had hoped to find something a bit smaller - but that's forgivable as a smaller keyboard can be difficult to find, and I imagine it needed to be a bit longer in order to accommodate the trackpad.
There was a point where the keyboard could not be found by my Mac mini. I thought it was the Mac at first. Then I changed the batteries and now it works fine. So if you're having trouble pairing this keyboard, check the batteries.