Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Logitech S715i Portable 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 22% off the $129.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Logitech S715i Portable 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Plays and charges your iPod and iPhone
- Powerful balanced sound from eight custom-tuned speaker drivers
- Portable design, travel case and rechargeable battery for up to eight straight hours of music wherever you go
- Wireless remote lets you control music functions from up to 30 feet away
- Trayless dock works with iPhone and any iPod works with all iPhone and iPod models that use the original 30-pin dock connector. It does not support the newest iPhone and iPod models that use a Lightning Connector
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
- Brand Name: Logitech
- Model Number: 984-000134
- Width: 5.50 inches
- Item Display Weight: 0.00 pounds
- Tuner Technology: N
Compare to similar items
This item Logitech S715i Portable 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
BMR A2DP Bluetooth Adapter Bluetooth Music Receiver Adapter for Bose Apple 30 Pin SoundDock Speaker Bluetooth 4.1 Extra Long Wireless Range Up To 70 ft; iPhone, Samsung, Nokia, HTC, LG, Echo Alexa B009WNR13U
|Shipping||$6.32||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||IsaacTronics||Sherwood Global Commerce||BMRMusicTechnology||Dave Electronics|
|Connectivity Technology||—||bluetooth, usb, aux||—||usb|
|Item Dimensions||5.51 x 18.78 x 3.66 in||—||0.3 x 1.4 x 1.7 in||4.53 x 14.37 x 7.48 in|
|Item Weight||3.49 lbs||2 lbs||0.64 ounces||4.14 lbs|
|Power Source||AC & Battery||Battery||Battery||AC & Battery|
Looks like a beauty. Sounds like a beast. With its compact design, travel case and rechargeable battery, this high-fidelity speaker lets you play up to 8 straight hours of music wherever you go.With the Apple seal of approval, you have the ultimate assurance that your speaker will work flawlessly with iPod and iPhone.Take your music anywhere-your included travel case holds the compact speaker, A/C adapter and remote control.2-Year Limited Hardware Warranty.
From the Manufacturer
Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S715ifor iPod and iPhone
Looks like a beauty. Sounds like a beast. With its compact design, travel case and rechargeable battery, this high-fidelity speaker lets you play up to 8 straight hours of music wherever you go.
Apple approved performance
With the Apple seal of approval, you have the ultimate assurance that your speaker will work flawlessly with iPod and iPhone.
Powerful eight-driver audio
You'll hear crisp high notes, rich mid-range and deep booming bass from speaker drivers custom-tuned to give you big, balanced sound.
Eight-hour rechargeable battery*
Get longer power for mobile music marathons without the cost and waste of disposable batteries.
Take your music anywhere—your included travel case holds the compact speaker, A/C adapter and remote control.
Wireless remote control
Be in full command of functions like volume, play, pause, shuffle, skip and repeat from up to 30 feet away.
Dock without tray hassles
Logitech's innovative dock design works with iPhone and any iPod with a Universal Dock Connector**—without annoying trays to keep track of.
- Universal power supply
- Travel case
- IR remote control
- User documentation
- Supports iPhone and all iPod models with Universal Dock Connector. It does not support the newest iPhone and iPod models that use a Lightning Connector **
Which Logitech Portable iPod/MP3 Speaker Is Right For You?
| || || || |
Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S715i
|What do you get?||Clear stereo sound for iPod||360-degree sound for iPod and iPhone||Custom-tuned sound for iPod and iPhone||Custom tuned sound and wireless remote for iPod and iPhone|
|Stereo (2.0)|| || || |
|360-degree sound|| |
|Wireless remote (30 ft. range)|| || |
|Bass boost|| |
|Volume|| || || || |
|Play/pause/stop|| || |
|Shuffle/repeat/next track/previous track|| || |
|Battery type||4 AA batteries||6 AA batteries||Rechargeable||Rechargeable|
|A/C adapter|| || || || |
|iPhone**|| || || |
|iPod** and most MP3 players|| || || || |
|Aux input (3.5 mm) for MP3 players, PCs or CD players|| || || || |
* Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles.
** iPhones & iPods with Lightning Connector will require Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter, sold separately.
Top Customer Reviews
Features that I really like:
1. Dual voltage, which is great for overseas travel.
2. Comes with power adapter.
3. AUX-IN capability has been very useful for plugging in to my laptop for movies.
4. They did away with the iPod inserts, and the design ingeniously allows whatever iPod you insert to rest against a back stop, so that you aren't stressing the connector when you push on the iPod to control it.
5. Remote is simple on features but works very well even when not pointed directly at the unit.
Features that could still be improved:
1. The carry case is more like a dust cover. It is made from the same material those re-usable grocery bags are made from. I am not complaining that it doesn't come with something more substantial at this price, but I do hope that Logitech or some other manufacturer makes something with padding for those of us who travel a lot. I'd be happy to purchase it as an accessory.
2. The AC adapter would be even better if the prongs folded in, as many travel adapters do.
3. You can't use an iPod touch that has a case on it. The docking area narrows toward the bottom making the width a problem--even with slim fitting cases. This just means you have to have a case that comes off easily or one that has a detachable bottom.
Overall I give this a 5 star rating. I waited about a month and a half for this to be released based on initial industry industry reviews (CNET, etc.) and features; I am not disappointed. The sound is great. It is portable. It looks good. It is not extremely expensive. Those all add up to a real winner. I own a Bose Sound Dock (original) and feel that the sound is better on that speaker system--fuller bass and it fills the room a bit better, however the price was double and it is not portable. I challenge anyone to find something higher quality and more versatile for the $150 or under range.
I find that Logitech iPod speaker systems generally lack some elegance, but S715i looks a lot better than the previous attempts. Those searching for a more elegant system may wish to look at Altec Lansing products, but in my opinion Logitech beats Altec in sound quality. The trayless doc is a good new feature for Logitech.
The unit could have been priced higher and would still attract attention of many - it is really inexpensive for what it does.
The box produces full and clean sound with impressive for the size bass. Logitech "has got it going on" in the base area. On certain tracks the bass may feel a little too pounding. Also, at times I found the mids slightly lacking. Some listeners have compared the sound of this unit to that of Bose. It is a fair comparison. After listening to this Logitech unit for a few days I went to a store to listen to Bose SoundDock Portable, and I could not say that Bose sounded better. Listening in a store, where there is a level of noise, is not the same as at home, so it wasn't a good test.
The two gripes
Another reviewer said this already - why, oh why did Logitech decide that long run time on battery was more important than the sound quality? When unplugged, the sound deteriorates. The base and the fullness go away. It is not just the volume - it feels like the sub-system responsible for the lowest notes shuts down. I can imagine it takes quite a bit of power to drive those notes out of the box, but at least there could be an option to keep the same sound at expense of run time. Make no mistake - it is still better than OK sound, and there is quite a bit of bass left, but it's not quite the same. I like to carry these things from room to room, and I think this is a notable flaw. My second gripe is about remote control lacking full functionality - it is not able to control iPod menus. Logitech already had this in Pure-Fi Anywhere 2, why give it up now?
Very good unit which earned its place on my home office desk. It is bound to surprise some guests with the sound quality for the size and keep me and hopefully other family members good company from time to time. Big compliments to Logitech, this system does represent progress in small-size inexpensive sound systems.