Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 WebCam" and save 88% off the $79.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year PC Peripheral Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7 or by phone. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 WebCam
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Digital video camera
- Experience full-screen video and synchronized audio
- Enjoy clear, echo-free audio
- Crisp images
- Two year limited warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Widescreen Video Calling and Recording, 1080p Camera, Desktop or Laptop Webcam
Logitech C270 Widescreen HD Webcam and 3 MP designed for HD Video Calling and Recording
Logitech HD Webcam C525, Portable HD 720p Video Calling with Autofocus
Logitech HD Webcam C310
961239-0403 - Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 - Digital video camera - USB
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Victors Discount||Amazon.com||Cyber Trading||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||DealGator|
|Color||—||BLACK||Black||Black||Black||Gray and Black|
|Item Dimensions||4 x 9 x 9 in||7.52 x 2.83 x 8.94 in||4.94 x 9.85 x 6.45 in||3 x 8.25 x 6 in||3 x 6 x 8.25 in||6.4 x 6.5 x 6.4 in|
|Item Weight||—||7.69 ounces||19.6 lbs||0.59 lb||0.6 lb||0.75 lb|
Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 with Built-in mic / RightLight & RightSound Technology / High-Speed USB 2.0 / Intelligent Face-Tracking Package Content - Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 Camera, 6 foot USB Cable, Adjustable Base, QuickCam Software CD, Camera Set-up Guide, Audio Set-up Guide
From the Manufacturer
Express your creativity like a pro!
- View your subject more clearly with a 640x480 VGA sensor for crisp images.
- Don't be left in the dark! RightLight technology, a new imaging system from Logitech, provides the most natural, realistic video images in virtually any lighting condition through the combination of high-performance sensors, state-of-the-art optics, and advanced image processing technology.
- Personalize your video experience. QuickCam Pro 5000 includes Logitech® Video Effects with animated 3D Avatars (that imitate your facial expressions and head movements) and 2D Face Accessories (that you can apply to your own image to change your look). Logitech Video Effects avatars and face accessories are designed to work seamlessly with popular messaging programs for a truly unique experience.
- Enjoy clear, echo-free audio with RightSound technology. Have more natural conversations using either the built-in microphone or a headset.
- Experience full-screen video and synchronized audio with MSN® Messenger Video Conversation, or add live video to your favorite instant messenger. QuickCam for Notebooks Pro works with MSN® Messenger, AOL® Instant Messenger (AIM®), Yahoo!® Messenger, and Windows® Messenger.
- Take up to 1.3 Megapixel photos (software enhanced).
- Capture fluid video. QuickCam Pro 5000 is USB 2.0 High Speed certified, and is also backward-compatible with USB 1.1-enabled systems.
- Windows® 2000 or XP
- CD-ROM drive
- Pentium® P4 1.4 GHz or AMD Athlon® processor 1 GHz (Pentium® P4 2.4 GHz or better recommended*)
- 128MB RAM (256MB RAM recommended*)
- 200 MB free hard drive space
- 16-bit color display adapter
- Windows compatible sound card and speakers (Full duplex sound card recommended*)
- Available 1.1 or 2.0 USB port (USB 2.0 High Speed port required for megapixel image capture*)
- Logitech® QuickCam® Pro 5000 Camera with built-in mic
- 6 ft. USB cable
- Adjustable base
- QuickCam® Software CD
- Camera set-up guide
- Audio set-up guide
- Fixed focus lens, ultra wide field of view lens
- Two-year limited warranty
Legal DisclaimerWe recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Quickcam Fusion uses a CMOS sensor, whereas the Quickcam Pro 5000 uses CCD. Fusion does use a higher CMOS sensor compared to low-end webcams, BUT low quality webcams also still use CMOS technology. Most will argue CCD as being better than CMOS. Granted, the results also show (read on further).
- The Quickcam Fusion can tilt 90 degrees back, but it can't tilt forward AND it CANNOT swivel from side to side.
- The Quickcam Pro 5000 can tilt 45 degrees up, about 10 degrees down, AND 360 degrees to the sides. The Quickcam Pro 5000 wins in terms of mobility.
The rubber tail is much more flexible on the Quickcam Pro 5000. You can straighten the tail to lay flat on a desk or on top of a CRT monitor; or bend to put it on your LCD monitor. Unlike the Quickcam Pro 4000, the 5000 does not come with a second base to attach; I mean, there's really no need for it since you can just adjust the tail.
If you plan on taking lots of STILL pictures with the webcam, then the Fusion would be a better choice. The Quickcam Fusion is true 1.3 mega pixel; whereas the Quickcam Pro 5000 is 1.3 mega pixel INTERPOLATED -- meaning it is software enhanced to create a high resolution still picture. However, the whole point of a webcam is for video, anyway; they have digital cameras for taking still pictures. So, in terms of video, the Quickcam Pro 5000, overall, has a clearer video with more vibrant colors. However, bright light will look washed out in white. The Fusion doesn't do a good job with fast motion, as it will blur -- but it does, however, do a better job in low light conditions.
The Logitech Pro 5000 has a wide lens of 63 degrees; the Fusion has a wider lens of 78 degrees. If you plan on using the webcam with lots of members, then the Fusion would probably do a better job of fitting everyone on the screen; however, if you plan to use it alone more often, the Logitech Pro 5000 would be a better choice.
With the Logitech's top-line webcams -- Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000, Quickcam Fusion, and Quickcam Orbit -- includes the Logitech Video Effects. With only those Logitech webcams, you can add cool special effects on yourself, like glasses or gas mask, while you chat with your friends. Like the face tracking feature -- as freaky as this may sound -- it will try to recognize the position of your eyes, nose and mouth and add those special effects on you. I really like this feature and it makes chatting a lot more fun. However, don't expect it to work 100% perfectly: moving around too much would make the special effects disappear and the camera would need to detect your face again; it can be a pain for many, especially when it complains that there isn't enough light to detect. It'll probably work better for people with distinct big eyes and lips. I am Asian but it still worked for me. (Um, whatever that means.) Just remember not to move around too much. You can also choose different avatars, such as a 3D shark, that will follow your movements. The Logitech Video Effects is an extra feature, which some may not really appreciate, but when it works, trust me, it is a lot of fun. You can download more video effects from Logitech's website. Along with the video effects, you can also record video at 640x480 and save it as a (somewhat) compressed AVI.
You can adjust the exposure, brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, white balance, gamma, mirror horizontal/vertical, etc. The microphone is located above the green LED on the webcam, and it does a really good job picking up sound.
If you prefer a more modern look then you'd probably lean more towards the Fusion, whereas the Quickcam Pro still has the early round eye-ball webcam 1.0 look. But personally, I like the black finish and silver rings on the Pro 5000; it goes well with my black monitor. However, what's more important is the video performance. Overall, the Quickcam Pro 5000 is one of the best webcams out there today. Don't settle for a cheap webcam - it's just a waste of money.
IMPORTANT: The software CD inside the package might be outdated (most likely), so don't use it if it is. Just download the latest from Logitech's website. And make sure you install the software first, before connecting the camera, to avoid any further issues.
The webcam itself is pretty nice and I understand the good reviews that it has received for the quality of the video. I plan on using the webcam with Skype and the hardware is exactly what I needed. However, the software that comes with the webcam is horrible.
The first time that I tried to install the software onto my computer, I used the installation CD that came with the webcam. I followed the directions and after rebooting, I plugged in the camera per the instructions. Instead of finding the webcam, my computer showed the blue screen of death. Unnerved by this experience, I restored my computer to a time prior to the software installation and downloaded the latest software from the Logitech website.
The downloaded software installed without crashing my computer. However, during the installation process, I got numerous errors from Windows stating that the hardware was not compatible with Windows XP Pro. I was given the option of continuing the installation which I did, but why was I getting these errors at all? The camera seems to work just fine, but how long till my system suffers a crash?
Another complaint that I have is that the installation will put several programs onto your computer that startup when you start your computer. I good piece of software will give you the option of whether or not you want it to start when Windows starts. However, the only way to prevent the webcam software from starting every time you start windows is to edit your registry. I run some processor intensive programs on my computer which is why I don't want random programs running when I am not using them. If you don't mind all of the Logitech programs running in the background, then this last point is probably not a big deal to you.
In summary, it seems like a descent webcam and the face tracking option is pretty cool. However, I am concerned about the compatibility with Windows XP Pro and the numerous programs that Logitech will have running on my computer. Do not use the CD that came with the webcam. Instead be sure to download the latest version from the Logitech web site. I will be returning this camera to find one more compatible with my needs.
glad i did :)
picture quality is crisp and clear...so clear in fact that my poor wife is afraid people will see her facial lines. oy. actually, she's pretty strong. she'll be okay.
anyway, with the troubles i had read about in some reviews here concerning the drivers, i went to logitech's web site and doenloaded th newest ones. installaion was a breeze and in no time my wife was talking to a relative though skype in Colombia...lines and all!
great camera. i hope you all enjoy it when you get it.