- Smart scroll wheel, which automatically applies the most appropriate scrolling mode; Experience pinpoint accuracy with advanced laser tracking and ultrasmooth gliding feet
- Hyper-fast scrolling, to fly through documents and Web pages with a single spin; 2.4 GHz wireless technology, so you never have to worry about an unreliable connection
- Effortlessly zoom in and out of photos and documents; One-touch search, to instantly search your computer or the Web.
- Ergonomic grip, to help minimize hand fatigue; Storable USB micro receiver for easy wireless connection
- Deep thumb scoop, allowing you to hold the mouse with ease
Logitech VX Revolution Ergonomic Design Cordless 2.4 GHz Wireless Laser Mouse for Notebooks/Laptops/PCs with Hyper-Fast Scrolling
|Price:||$169.98 + $4.99 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Bulk/Retail - Retail
- Connectivity - Cordless
- Color - Black
- Connectivity - Cordless
- Scroll Wheel - Scrolling Wheel
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Logitech VX Revolution Ergonomic Design Cordless 2.4 GHz Wireless Laser Mouse for Notebooks/Laptops/PCs with Hyper-Fast Scrolling
|Shipping||$4.99||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Hardware Interface||usb||radio frequency||radio frequency||usb2.0|
|Battery Description||AA||Information not provided||AA||Lithium Polymer (LiPo)|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
The ultimate notebook mouse.
Rev-up your notebook with the new VX Revolution™. Logitech´s innovative MicroGear™ Precision Scroll Wheel lets you fly through long documents at hyperspeed, or switch to precise click-to-click scrolling to navigate lists, slides, and image collections. Search the Web by highlighting a word or phrase and pressing the Search button. Effortlessly zoom in and out of photos, spreadsheets, and documents with the convenient zoom slider.
New, revolutionary, hyper-fast scroll wheel
A new concept in PC navigation, the MicroGear™ Precision Scroll Wheel operates in two distinct modes, allowing you to scroll faster and with more precision than ever before:
|Hyper-fast scrolling |
Fly through long documents at hyperspeed. Shift to precise click-to-click scrolling, to navigate lists, slides, and image collections.
|Touch to search |
Highlight a word or phrase and press the Search button to instantly display results from your favorite search engine.
|High-resolution zoom |
Effortlessly zoom in and out of photos, spreadsheets, and documents.
|Performance laser |
Experience pinpoint accuracy with advanced laser tracking and ultrasmooth gliding feet.
|Storable micro-receiver |
Compact and portable, with robust 2.4 GHz digital cordless technology for superior wireless performance.
|Ergonomic design |
Enjoy exceptional comfort with a sculpted, right-hand shape and soft-touch rubber grips.
Top Customer Reviews
Insert the included AA battery, plug in the tiny USB receiver, and you're off to the races. If you want to use many of the additional features, like horizontal scrolling, zooming, search button, or to set the speed and acceleration, you need to install the Setpoint software. The included CD has what you need for Windows. Mac users will need to download it from the internet.
When not in use the receiver tucks neatly away inside the mouse. When you put the receiver away it shuts the mouse off, and when you remove it, the mouse turns on. There is also a small power button, should you choose to leave the USB plugged into your PC. According to the power meter, the single AA battery will provide 120 days of use. Time will tell how accurate that is.
As far as price goes, you probably can get a mouse with comparable features for a lot less money, but if you don't want to screw around, you won't likely be disappointed with this product.
One little problem is easily corrected. When I used the mouse the first time, I found that scrolling was pathetically slow in some windows (IE6), and didn't work at all in others. What you have to do is go into Setpoint, choose scrolling options, select Internet Explorer, and uncheck the box to "allow Super Smooth Scrolling", and you're back where you should be. I hope this saves others from the frustration of having to search through the Knowledge Base, or calling tech support (which for Logitech mice is NOT toll-free).
So far, I am pleased with this purchase...
The VX is smaller than other Logitech mice (such as the MX 1000 I use at home), but it is reasonably weighted and has a good solid feel. Settings (speed, sensitivity, etc.) are quite customizable, as are all the buttons. It almost goes without saying that if you are going to use this mouse, install the accompanying software and update the software to the latest version from the Logitech website.
I especially like the way the wireless USB dongle stows away inside the mouse when not being used, also turning the mouse off to conserve the battery. As for the battery, it uses a single standard AA, and obtains a very reasonable lifetime out of it.
Even though this mouse is sold as a laptop mouse, and for which it is quite appropriate (it has a small, portable size, and packs up easily for travel), I would certainly use it as my permanent desktop mouse, if I didn't already have a really great mouse, already.
One shortcoming of the VX is that the much-hyped Gear Shift wheel does not automatically switch from smooth scrolling to click-by-click -- you have to manually flip a small switch on the bottom. For me, this makes the feature useless. In the middle of a long web page, I'm not going to pick up my mouse, flip it over, slide a switch and set it down again. So if you want it to automatically switch between the two modes, get the bigger MX model.
There are some nice Mac specific things: The search button bring up your Spotlight search -- NICE! You can get the forward and back buttons work better if you change the default keyboard shortcut from left and right arrow to [ and ] brackets. That way you can use forward and back in Finder windows, as well as any web browser -- really handy!
In a nutshell...
Much improved Mac OS X drivers (per application settings)
Silky smooth gliding
Incredibly accurate laser tracking (works even on high-gloss desks!Read more ›
- The wheel is actually quite useful in free-wheeling mode once you get used to it. It sorta replaces the center-click browsing feature, and I just liked the feel of a freely rotating wheel as it is very satisfying. I adjusted the mouse setting to have one line per mouse scroll. It became more manageable.
- The laser tracking feature is a definite plus as it works on all surfaces and is far more reliable than the optical mouse it replaced. The radio signal is pretty reliable too at a fair distance compared to the other cordless mice I tried.
- It uses only 1 AA battery, which greatly reduces the weight of the mouse which can be a problem. I used to have a 2AA battery mouse where the balance was horrible and it affects precision and induces fatigue (little things matter over time). The battery also lasts for a long time (I haven't depleted the first one after a month), which is no small feat by Logitech (and that they are famous for).
- The size is really not small for a portable mouse, but you can stow the transmitter away and it is probably more comfortable than any other portable mouse I tried. It may just be worth toting around for comfort's sake.
- Buttons are nice to the touch and are responsive with minimum effort. (not all mouse are like this, and it's important as it gets to you over prolonged use). However the center click and the zoom slider are not as well implemented.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had this mouse for well for around 7-8 years now. It's been chewed by 3 different dogs, dunked into drink cups and bashed around like crazy. Read morePublished 2 months ago by SD
This little guy is a great mouse, and though I've since upgrade to the MX Master and will never go back, this guys makes a great travel mouse. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Hann Qiu
This has been my favorite mouse for years, especially when I'm using a laptop. After my first one died I bought two more, so I wouldn't have to worry about choosing a new mouse... Read morePublished 4 months ago by AR Lee
Love this mouse. I wish Logitech still made it. I have at least 3 tucked away. They have one similar but this one is my favorite. Excellent for both desktop and laptop use.Published 5 months ago by C. Garneau
I am writing this as a Mac user. I gave up on PC's 7 years ago after 12 years of frustration. This mouse is ridiculously expensive but it also is ridiculously programmable. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Stephen Strum