Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 53 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on August 9, 2011
I am a no audiophile, but I love music. They are replacing two pretty loud (25 watt) Harman/Kardons.

The sound is wonderful, like having a stereo at the desk. Robust. Does challenging stuff very well, like Straight No Chaser's a capella version of "The man who can't be moved." I mean, just on that song alone, the bass blew me away.

Louder than my ears can handle when sitting at the desk.

Price point is perfect. I mean, you get a really good experience, and you don't have to pay an arm & leg. And you get it without a subwoofer.

Awesome. Strongly recommend.
on August 16, 2013
We have a slightly older Toshiba LCD TV on top of the fridge in our kitchen, and the internal speakers became intermittent. It's part of a bigger problem with the TV because simultaneously the TV became very difficult to power-up as well. Anyway, instead of junking a TV that still operates well enough, albeit without sound, I decided to add some speakers. I found a great price on these on Amazon and pulled the trigger.

Upon arrival, I was very impressed with the construction of the speakers. They are weighty and solid feeling - not at all like most el cheapo computer speakers. Installing these was easy. The TV itself does not have audio outs, so I hooked up the 1/8" male jack of the speakers to a 1/8" female / RCA stereo male Y-cable, and then that to the RCA audio output jacks of our Comcast (subsequently switched to U-Verse) cable box.

Wow! Absolutely great TV sound. It's a huge improvement over the internal speakers. I'm actually kind of glad they broke, because I didn't know what I was missing. I set the volume knob on the speakers to about 70% and then use the cable box's internal volume control as a master. Works like a charm. I also occasionally yank the mini-jack out of the Y-cable RCA adapter (power off the speakers first, of course) and hook up my Zune dock (yes, I'm one of the 4 people left in the US who still uses a Zune mp3 player) to use the speakers for music. They sound fantastic for that too!
on July 26, 2010
I bought the Logitech Speaker System Z520 to replace the little speakers that came with our computer seven years ago. These compact, stylish Logitech speakers looked like a good choice for my desk, but they never made it there... My husband opened the box, put them right on the living room bookshelf, and plugged in his iPod!

Set up was so easy, it seems like a stretch to call it "set up." You just plug the speakers into an outlet, plug the iPod into the speakers, and abracadabra, out comes great music! I'm certainly no audiophile (frankly, I probably wouldn't know speakers were bad unless they were crackling), but my husband and I both think these sound wonderful. They fill the living room with music, thanks to the 360-degree sound technology, and they're stylish but unobtrusive. So I think they're gonna stay put, and I'm in the market again for computer speakers. Maybe a second set of Logitechs!
on October 6, 2010
I tried the speakers on multiple forms of music with different tones, sounds, beats, etc... and it performed well in all the songs and types of music that I tried. I don't understand the complaint about the "extra punch" as this set has plenty actually a bit more than I'd prefer. Nobody likes the same thing but, if you want good bass I think this is a good set. The sound reproduction is good with regards to secondary or background sounds. Voice reproduction quality is also good. In closing, I think that this a good set for anyone generally looking for computer speakers, especially though for people that like bass.
on October 12, 2012
I am very disappointed as I was shipped a European version. There was a cheap looking adapter that came along with the speakers although they were bundled separately from the actual package. I tried using the speakers with the adapter and it would still not work so I do not know if the problem is in the adapter or in the speakers themselves, either way I do not see why anyone should buy this as it is only shipped to the US but it is obviously made for Europeans.
on September 24, 2012
They sent me a wrong version, which is the version for Europe, Middle East & Africa Headquarters. Therefore, the power adapter is wrong and couldn't be plugged in United States area. I'm quite curious about how they got those items which are not even compatible with U.S. and how they sell items without knowing anything of them.
on March 14, 2010
This product has been reviewed so many times, all of the details are covered in other reviews. It is those reviews that largely convinced me to purchase this item - and all I can say is that I am completely satisfied. For general PC use, games, listening to music or watching movies or Youtube vids - it covers all the bases nicely, and if I want to crank up the volume so others can hear around the room or in the adjacent room, they are up to the task.
on February 14, 2012
I read reviews on this product before I bought it and wasn't really sure what to expect, but it did have high ratings, in spite of some criticism it received. I guess I'm not as picky as some, but I did want speakers with a good sound for movies, videos, music, etc. These turned out to be very good speakers. Would I use them to play music for a large party in my back yard? Probably not. But to play a Celene Dion duet with Andrea Bocelli in my living room (I like to play my music loud).....very nice! I am very pleased with my purchase. Amazon comes through for me again!
on May 11, 2011
I bought these and they sounded great while they lasted, although I never turned them up to max (I turned them up about half way and could hear them throughout my house which was plenty). It was also nice using them as a mini-amp for my headphones. They looked sleek, but they had a cover that I wasn't sure how to remove without breaking so I left it on. The 360 degree sound seemed to work decent, but I never placed them anywhere other than the wall. After a week of about four hour usage per day, the right speaker ended up making this buzzing noise and by the next day they kept shorting on and off. By the end of the second week the right one ended up not working at all. I called CircuitCity and they paid for postage and are paying my refund in full, but didn't give me an option to just exchange, which is what I would have done given the chance.
on January 23, 2011
The Z520 is an enjoyable step up from a previously owned Logitech system. Better design and sound. Not a big enthusiast of bass, so I like the balance of this system.

A previously owned Logitech system(the 333)? was okay until the volume control failed. Technical failures due to a switch that render perfectly good speakers useless is unacceptable.

The Z520 speakers have a larger base to provide placement stability, but also fit nicely in tight spaces. The system I received came with a metal mesh guard, something to protect the actual speaker; and something not shown in the online ad. It was heartening to see that the volume control knob was more available, and appears of better quality. Also like the handy headphone jack placement.

Have only owned the system for a month, so cannot rate dependabilty. So far it is great.