BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 18, 2017
Well I did not pay ~$100 for mine, however, it is way-way-way better than the two different mice I bought, that I did not like....

I've had this mouse for while (2013). I last used it on my T60p a few month ago. I tried to pair it with my new T500. The receiver seemed to get the drivers from the internet, so I assumed it then should work. Ah, nope. I had to go to Logitech's web site and found the M505 and the Unifying software. Once downloaded, I ran it and now my mouse works fine...

The long story...
The M505 did not seem to work (this prior to the unifying software), so I bought a new mouse, a M185. That mouse sux badly. Felt cheap, vague imprecise movement. I returned it. I then bought the M325c, this was better but still was, no good (same, vague and imprecise, pointing, just less bad slightly). So annoyed, I planed to contact Logitech's Customer Support, but prior to this, I looked to see if there was any specific software, and there was. The Unifying was what I needed...

The other mouse I like is the M705. Its right handed only. and has too many extra buttons, I dont need or want. And I chant switch hands...

Review Date: 4-18-2017, Revision: A.
on June 26, 2012
I've used Logitech keyboards and mice for many years, so when it was time to build a new computer, I knew where to look, and I am not disappointed.

I actually bought two of these. One is paired with the unifying receiver with a Logitech keyboard on my desktop, and the other is for my laptop, as I totally detest and despise touchpads. :) Both are performing perfectly.

On the desktop mouse, at first I plugged the receiver directly to a USB port on the back of the computer, and had some erratic operation on both the keyboard and mouse. So I used the extender cord that came with the keyboard to route the receiver away from the case, and since then have had zero problems. On the laptop, the receiver is small enough to leave plugged in all the time, even when the computer is in the laptop bag. If you do have occasion to remove the receiver, there is a handy storage slot for it in the mouse's battery compartment.

Both of these mice have great range and the buttons are reasonably quiet. I have used these quite heavily for the past 6 weeks, and the battery indicator shows the batteries are still full, and this is without ever switching off the switch on the bottom, so I don't expect to have to replace them anytime soon. I like that the wheel allows you to side-scroll, just move it left or right to scroll.

Ergonomically, it feels comfortable in my hand. Logitech, for some unknown reason, does not see fit to provide the sizes of their mice, so as a public service :) here are the dimensions of the M505: Length 3 7/8 inches, width 2 1/4 inches, height 1 3/8 inches. If you have large hands it may seem a bit small; however the design allows for a comfortable grip, and the rubber pads on the side help a lot with this.

You can download software from the Logitech website that allows you to customize the functions of the buttons and scroll wheel, and is also used to pair the mouse with another Logitech component.

Overall, I'm very pleased with both of these mice. Not the cheapest out there, but you get what you pay for, and the M505 is worth it.
on May 18, 2014
I made the mistake of buying this device refurbished. I don't know how the new device functions, but my refurbished device does not cooperate with the receiver at all. Unlike my Logitech wireless keyboard, the mouse has always been temperamental and often will not register at all with any PC I use it with. I use this mouse at a maximum range of 6' from my PC (I use my TV as a screen, with my tower plugged in via HDMI) and the mouse still refuses to communicate with the receiver despite everything I've tried, I give up! I ordered a new Logitech mouse and will consign this one to my bag of spare, "just in case [x] breaks" electronics.
on July 24, 2014
Very good mouse. I use it every day and it's very comfortable and accurate.

HOWEVER: it's not worth 79.99, the currently listed price.

The big brother of htis mouse, the m510 is only 24 dollars. I bought the m505 for about 30.

It seems the amazon seller of this mouse is trying to capitalize on the fact that this mouse is no really longer the current model, but still has high amazon reviews.

BUY A SUB 30 DOLLAR MOUSE!
on January 11, 2016
I've always loved Logitech mouses for my computers and after using this one for several years, it's still working perfectly. Battery life is fantastic (runs on two AA batteries) and has an on/off switch underneath it. One thing to note is that I have average sized hands and I find it a little on the small side which makes it a little uncomfortable when used for extremely long sessions (though I knew it was small going in, just a heads up for people on the fence about it). Connectivity has NEVER been an issue with the nano receiver, and aside from taking up one of the USB ports on my laptop, is basically invincible. Quality is high, I have taken this thing back and forth for years with a few small drops on hard floors with no issue. I recommend this mouse for anyone looking for a fairly price, well built, and reliable mouse for their computer.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2012
I purchased a Logitech M505 (black) 2 years ago for work and that was probably the best spent money ever. Battery life is amazing (almost two years with the original ones from the package), mouse is the right size, responsive, accurate, simply the best of the best.

I recently started having trouble with it (the receiver actually), because I had the terrible habit of taking the receiver off the computer and putting it back on the mouse everyday when I left the office since I didn't take the mouse with me (I was always afraid I'd lose it LOL) so what ended up happening is it probably got something loose inside so my computer did not longer recognize it...

Long story short, if this happens to you, all you need to do is buy a new receiver (for $5 in amazon) and problem solved since the mouse itself works as good as new, but I'd had my eye on the red version for quite some time so I ended up buying a new receiver to take the old mouse home permanently and bought the red version for the office. Features are the same and so are the praises... I am uploading some pictures as well since I think the picture Logitech features is a little misleading (red is a lot brighter in real life!! )
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 21, 2014
Pros:
1. Inexpensive
2. Small and portable
3. Batteries last a long time

Cons:
1. The range could be a bit better.

I have been using this mouse for about a year now. I initially bought it to use it on the living room where i have a desktop computer hooked up to my TV. I was a little bit disappointed that the mouse signal would skip and stop after more than 7-8 feet. Instead of returning it i decided to just use it with my regular living room desktop. It has worked flawlessly. I have had to change the batteries two times in the span of a year. Not bad at all considering i am using rechargeable batteries.

The device itself is very comfortable to use and the small size has not bothered me in the very least. In fact, that small size is very convenient. In a couple of occasions i have taken it on the road with my laptop. So nice not to have any wires tangling. I have had no problem getting the drivers from the mouse to install correctly on Windows 7 and Windows 8.

In conclusion, i would have to say that i do recommend the mouse if you are looking for an inexpensive, reliable and energy efficient wireless mouse. Just keep in mind the range is a little limited but i think it is more than sufficient for the regular consumer.
on February 26, 2012
This mouse works great on my work table (standard laminate type with folding legs). It's a huge improvement over my wired mouse. Sensitivity and responsiveness are spot on, and after more than a month shows no signs of dirtying or scratching that might impair the laser positioning system. The mouse feels good in my hand, it has a relatively low profile, and I haven't noticed any pressure points or stressing of fingers or wrist coming from extended use. On some mice I notice my wrist being a bit cocked which causes some strain during extended use, but not with this one.
on September 27, 2010
I have had trouble picking a new mouse for some time... I am a graphic artist, so I want the precision of a laser mouse, but I do not like all the extra "web buttons" on the sides where thumb rests - I always click them by mistake. I am very loyal to Logitech, as I really find a lot of comfort in their shape with the "sunken in" side grips. I ended up choosing this mouse and love it! The comfort grips are great! It is not too big, and not too small, kind of an in-between size for most mice. The laser precision works great for all my graphic detail needs! Would highly recommend it! Love it!
on January 3, 2012
Pros:

- Small, light, nice design
- Laser tracks on just about any surface (pillows, fabric couch, leather seat, wooden table, etc.)
- Battery life is supposedly going to last for a loooooooong time. My old optical mouse chewed through AAs every couple weeks.
- Unifying receiver is great (micro sized usb receiver, only need one for most wireless logitech products).
- Great price for the value of the product.

Only one con:

- I don't know if it's just me, but clicking down the scroll wheel is hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This is a pain when browsing the web because clicking the middle mouse button opens a link in a new tab. Had to take off a star for this because it can really get annoying when it's being finicky.

All in all I really like this mouse and I would recommend it as a couch mouse in the living room for a media PC.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.