Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 422 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 471 reviews
on February 20, 2013
I've used the mouse for a month and decided to purchase a different mouse.

The design is a little uncomfortable until you've used it enough to get used to it. Mainly because the sides of the mouse slope inward and are flat (not ergonomic like most mice) So, the feel of the mouse is initially awkward ... although after awhile you get used to it.

But, the main reason for replacing the mouse is the Touch Zone.

First, one of the default options is the ability to double tap the bottom of the touch zone to zoom ... e.g, double tap to zoom in or out when viewing a website in your browser. When scrolling a web page (swiping your finger up/down the touch zone), the mouse will often incorrectly sense a double tab and shrink/enlarge the page. This was EXTREMELY annoying until I found the setting in the mouse software and turned the "feature" off.

Second, the touch zone is not precise enough when scrolling. So, you end up scrolling up/down to far (especially in a browser).

I'm going to try a different touch zone mouse (Microsoft Arc Touch) because I like the concept. But, suspect the lack of precision in a touch zone versus a wheel will drive me back to a traditional mouse.
on August 2, 2017
I returned this mouse immediately. The silicone/rubber grip around the mouse not only looks like it is poorly fitted to the mouse (it almost looks like it's peeling up in sections), it will definitely pick up all kinds of dirt and grime. It's the kind of sticky material that doesn't really clean. Also, there are vertical grooves that will attract al kinds of things.

Seems like a bad idea to use this material all around a device that you'll be touching pretty much all day. I wish a little more thought went into the material decisions.

Hate to make such a snap decision based on product design, without actually testing out the product, but it seemed so obvious to me that this was going to be an issue.
Background: I am a software developer and have used A LOT of mice.

I was using a Logitech G400 (a wired mouse) with my Windows 8 (64-bit) tablet/notebook convertible (Dell XPS 12) and decided to try this mouse.

Compared to the G400, I'd say 'ehhh'... it's mediocre.

I could not get over the fact there were no side browser back/forward buttons which I use all the time. I also did not find the scroll as smooth and responsive as it needed to be in order for me to switch from the G400.

One more strange issue was that when my monitor went to sleep, the internal fan on my notebook started whirring/spinning even though the Task Manager showed little or no CPU activity. When I would activate the monitor again, it would stop. This seems to start when the Logitech SetPoint software was install, and it stopped when I uninstalled it... so there seems to be some strange software issue. I don't want any fan spinning unnecessarily in my notebook.

Overall, 3 stars. It's not great like the G400 and it's not bad. In any case, I'm back to my G400. The G500 is also great too.

G400: Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse G400 with High-Precision 3600 DPI Optical Engine (910-002277)
G500: Logitech G500 Programmable Gaming Mouse
on February 23, 2014
I have just recently decided to become a Windows 8 user, and found it to be different. This mouse is the quality that I have come to expect and love with Logitech, with that little something extra that makes learning Windows 8 easier. Some have reviewed that it is difficult to hold on to, but I did not find that the case. As a matter of fact, it is easy to hold onto, and you do not have to grip hard. Like other products by Logitech, it is easy to adjust the sensitivity and other features to fit your tastes. Since I am not a big touchpad fan, I was unsure how I would feel about the touch zones, but they are easy to use!

The price is great too! Not overpriced, this is just an all around good mouse, but it works only on Win 8.

Lastly, and while not as important, as use, it is pretty to look at. The colors are fun and different.

Would I recommend to others? Yes.
Would I buy again? Yes, I will be purchasing one for my son.
on April 23, 2017
This is the second one of these I have owned and use at work - liked the first one so much I ordered another. (I dropped it too often walking to and from meetings, so the right mouse button eventually stopped working).

I love that the "mouse wheel" is just a touch surface that doesn't make the annoying clicking noise. Another feature of the "mouse wheel": you can quickly scroll to the top or bottom of a document or webpage with a vigorous "swipe" up or down.
on December 28, 2015
Very solid construction, good durable feel. The ribbed sides were something of a distraction at first, but now I don't mind and it even helps a little in precision mousing. There is no splits in the hull for the right and left buttons, a nice design touch, there are still regular detent switches underneath. The quality is great, very well built. Plenty of tweeks, you'll need the logitech software (which is a good idea w/ logitech gear anyway), 2 AA Li rechargeables will power the mouse for over 4 weeks with 6hrs/day heavy mousing.

The middle button is a trackpad strip on top of a regular detent switch (push down - go click). The light ribs you see in the product pictures are touchzone sensor wires under the surface. It's two-fingerwidths wide and the sideswipes are assignable to switch windows, tasks, etc... I tried it for a while but middle-finger misfires meant keeping it for sidescrolling only. The top and back tap zones are assignable, too, zoom for me.

The touchzone is absolutely awesome for vertical scrolling - hey.. 99% of webmastering is ripping to the bottom of the page to hit 'submit' Now you can rip like tablet and point like a mouse, this feature alone is worth $30 in just general purpose life improvement. Caveats? Well, those Google Maps embeds will launch into space if you hit one while downscrolling, FPS weapons selection is.. entertaining. Innocently hovering your finger over the touchzone will suddenly cause your display to do cool things, like zooming in and out, or slowly drifting around.. I kind of enjoy it, actually, a little anarchy can be fun.

I've used it daily for 3 months now, I'm happy with it.. and if you're looking for professional mouse - try this one out.
on January 27, 2015
Actually, I'm between 3 and 4. I'll say this is a good travel mouse, but not the best choice for daily use. After nearly 3 months of use, I finally decided to buy another more comfortable one, and keep this one for backup, or for travel.

To be fair, this mouse is functionally well. The touch zone does its job, zoom in, zoom out, everything. An important trick here is that you need to adjust the wheel setting under Change Mouse Setting at the very beginning, making sure each vertical rolling or horizontal rolling change only ONE line or ONE character at a time. Otherwise, you will find your screen jumping. This drove me crazy during the first a few days. Once the setting is changed, everything will work smoothly.

The reason I don't want it for my daily use is that this mouse requires a little bit more effort for each click. I have to push the left and right keys a little bit harder than I previous ones. This problem is hard to ignore especially after hours of use in a roll.

However, this mouse is small and light. The flat shape design makes it easier to carry. Also, a usb mouse is a better energy saver than bluetooth ones.
on June 9, 2013
I purchased this mouse to use with my laptop when docked in the home office. It's great for what it is.

Pros:
-A wireless mouse that uses Logitech's single dongle that allows multiple devices to connect to it (if they are compatible).
-Responsive (I have not noticed scrolling lag that others have mentioned)
-Low-priced (I got it for 19.99 during a sale)
-Plug and Play (even with Ubuntu, which is my primary OS)
-Comfortable
-Touch Sensitive (But be careful with this one, I accidentally left my finger on it a couple times and it scrolled wildly when I raised my finger up)

Cons:
What it's not is incredibly customizable--without Logitech's software installed. Personally, I use Ubuntu as my primary OS, and unfortunately there is no software that I can find to customize it. A center button press does a lot of things in a lot of applications that I would like to use. Unfortunately, with this mouse, all it does is bring up the Unity interface (think windows start button or start screen). I'd love to find a solution to this, but as of yet, I have not. This is probably the only gripe I have with this device. If I had a way to customize it, this would be a 5 star product for my needs and the price.
on June 7, 2014
I bought this mouse to use with Windows 8's touch features, but the touch area on the mouse is not very sensitive. Often, sliding your fingers across the surface does nothing. When it does work it either scrolls too slowly or too fast. I've adjust the settings, but it just never works consistently. Tracking is just average and it also has only two buttons. I've had it since spring of 2013 and stopped using it in the summer, opting for the Anywhere Mouse MX instead (which is great, btw). I REALLY wish I would have sent it back.
on September 9, 2013
Mouse is really low, which I am okay with but I'm sure some people like a mouse with a better higher grip.
I liked how the middle button has 2 ways to click it, front and back, to switch between start and desktop BUT when you program these buttons that way you lose the middle lick open link in new tap function, which I use a lot. And I tried programming the front to go to start screen and the back to function as right click but it doesn't work that way. It is or the switch between start and desktop function or the right click function. Stupid really. Oh well. I guess I'll just use it as my last mouse, which was getting pretty gross so it's not like a bought this mouse for nothing. I just wish the windows 8 functions would have been better integrated without losing other standard functions.

The scroll touchpad is nice and of course silent. But it seems like you have to apply a steady pressure while scrolling, which I need to get used to. I do love that flicking the touchpad to the right or left makes your browser go back or forward.

Another thing that kinda bugs me is that the clicks are not very silent. Also not terribly loud but this day and age you'd think they would make all mice silent already. I know they can. Also lifting the mouse up and putting it back down makes the battery compartment kinda move. It could close much better and snug. It is pretty loose.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.