Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 329 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 341 reviews
on November 13, 2013
I love it! I use my kindle at church and during weekday study and this bible app, with its study aids, is fantastic. The dictionary and references are easier to use than most of the other bible apps I have and the speed in moving from one help to another is much better. It's easy to go from book to book as well as chapters and verses. The research information at the bottom of the scripture text is very thorough and easily understood. The bible pop-up notes throughout the chapters are very helpful in understanding the meaning of some of the more difficult phrases or words. I can add a note for future reference or add the scripture to my favorites. This bible allows several different options for highlighting and style to draw your attention to a particular verse or word(s) within a verse. This is particularly helpful when sharing at bible study or on-line with friends.

The wording is a little different than you may be used to but the in-verse notes refer back to familiar wording. Be sure to read the preface before you get started reading to have a better understanding of this translation.

Hope you enjoy as much as I have.
on June 25, 2014
Although I have just started using Faithlife, I am impressed at the scholarly information provided on not only the text of the scriptures but also on the historical and theological background to the particularly text. One is able to easily navigate between the text and the various levels of background information. In fact, one of the delights of Faithlife is that there are these multiple layers of information that you may or may not want to engage and does not impede your reading if you choose to remain only with the footnotes to the text. A real joy to read.
I would recommend to anyone serious about their Bible reading, wanting to understand both the historical significance of the text as well as the theological implications for the modern reader
on April 9, 2013
I love this! It is a great study tool at home and on the go. It is an excellent resource in my personal Bible study and sitting in the pew on Sundays. Having the Faithlife Study Bible on my Kindle is like having a whole stack of books with me to reference wherever I am. I have not yet purchased additional study resources available within the app, but I know that I will once I decide what will be most useful to me and work it in to my monthly book budget.
I just reread what I wrote and realize this may read like a fake review from a paid reviewer, but I am actually a real person and this is my real opinion. I am the type of person that will open three, four, five different books up and reference them as I study. This app has stopped me from carrying around a book sack wherever I go for any spare minute to study. It saves my back and my time.
on October 20, 2015
It is probably a good Bible if that's what you're looking for. I wanted to see what it was like, and the only way to really see it was to download it. I will be deleting it. I have other Bible apps I like better. What I was looking for is The One Year Bible WITH devotions that go with the day's reading. The only one I found is a leather bound Bible for $35 and hate to spend more money on yet another Bible since I already have several.
on January 28, 2014
The app downloaded without any problem, however after several attempts to register, I am uninstalling it. There are only 3 items requested and required to complete registration: Full name, email address, and password. I keep getting errors telling me that I'm entering an invalid username or password. I've tried various passwords with different combinations of upper and lower case letters, numbers, special characters, no special characters. I've tried a couple different email addresses. Still won't let me register. Disappointed, but moving on.....
on April 5, 2013
When i tried to open the product it asked for a username and password and when it did i couldn't get my kindle keyboard to work. That was a warning to me so i read some of the reviews and saw one that told me what this offer was all about. it seems that the intent is to get a person into other committments and offers by using a bible presentation. If i had known that before trying it i would never have touched it. it is truly disgusting for me to see that this will be attempted. I hope other people are not taken advantage by this. I deleted my attempt to have the app and the product. Maybe you should print you liscense agreement in larger print and up front.
on July 24, 2016
Faithlifes website directs you to Amazon Appstore. I purchased it but can't download. Customer support says the developer didn't make a version that works with Kindle Fire HD.
on March 19, 2017
Very informative. I have learned a lot from the explanation and analysis of the scriptures and the translations. I use it every day in conjunction with another bible app.
on February 20, 2017
Poorly designed app from a company that provides awesome Bible software.
on April 14, 2017
Fills all my hurried attempts to find even the most fragmented scripture and adds new life to an old man's commentary.