Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 165 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 182 reviews
on April 13, 2013
I first heard of Superman when I stumbled upon a comic book stand in a grocery store and seeing an image of a torn red cape with a letter "S" upon a woodstick that stood wedged between the rocks. That image alone captivated my curiosity and excitement, so I made it my goal to read those comics that came to be the story of "The Death of Superman." Since then, I wanted to read and see all things Superman at that time. Then, in late 1993, a television show called "Lois and Clark" came to my attention and I was quite excited to watch it as a teenager. At the time, it was kinda a big deal for me. Then, life happens and I moved on after four years of watching this show.

After watching "Smallville" in the last decade, I remembered the 90s show and now wanting to watch it again. So, I purchased this fourth season with all previous seasons purchased elsewhere - I have now just finished watching all of them and was very glad to have watched this story once more.

As one would know, when watching a television show as a kid, one's perception would be very different when watching the same show as an adult. As a kid, it was a first time and very confusing as I was very much starting out as a "fan," so to speak, and still learning how to live life, and I was very interested about Superman's relationship with a famed reporter, Lois Lane. In this show, their relationship would be developed and they are now married and in the end, on the way to have a family. (But, it would seemed that my favorite episodes are the ones that has H.G. Wells and all that interesting time-travel fun).

And, watching the fourth season takes me back to the first season and onward to see how Clark and Lois's relationship evolved and how they managed to overcome every obstacles that came their way. It's a story of a romantic couple.

I didn't care if the writing wasn't all that great, or the acting was a sort of semi-bad, or even the subplots seemed chewy chewy - I really enjoyed all of the episodes now as I did then. They were really fun to watch and a wonderful romantic comedy story in its own stead.

I'm very grateful to Deborah Joy LeVine for developing this story for the television, to bring Superman back to our screen after "Superboy" cancelled in 1992 (which I had never watched), and to Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain for their wonderful portrayals of Lois and Clark.
on February 8, 2015
This is the final season for the series Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman and there is a lot that happens in this season. The first is Clark is able to come back to Earth but he has to fight Lord Nor the save the planet. Lois & Clark finally get married and each episode they learn new things about being a married couple and the advantages and disadvantages of the unique situation. In one episode Lois is accused of murder. In another she is accused of having an affair with Clark's alter ego behind his back. She even losses Clark in space and time only to have the parallel Clark come to take his place to protect the city which makes it hard on Lois to see the person of her husband but knowing it is not him. H.G. Wells returns in several episodes along with Tempus. The hardest is when they find out in the last episode that their biology is incompatible for reproduction but they find a miracle and surprise at the end of the episode. This is for anyone who likes the series and wants to complete the collection.
on September 12, 2013
Season 4 was the final season of the show Lois and Clark. As it had from the 2nd season on it followed the villain of the week format, and as was the case some of the episodes worked and others fell flat. This season ended the will they or wont they stories that dominated the second and third season. It picks up after the cliffhanger that ended season 3 and resolved the kryptonian invasion storyline quickly. They then get married (for real) and the rest of the show really revolves around their relationship as a married couple.

The best episodes of the 4th season were the ones which brought back the wonderful Lane Davies as Tempus. Since the decision was made to ultimately write Lex Luthor off the show, Tempus became the main recurring villain in the show. Unfortunately some of the other episodes (like those involving Lex's kids) did not work anywhere near as well. By the end of the 4th season they were really running out of stories to tell, especially involving the supporting characters and it was probably time to end the series. The one unfortunate thing however is that the series never did get a proper finale because the network had not made a decision on the show's fate by the end of the season. And while the very last couple scenes in the show did bring some closure, the rest of the episode just felt like any other.

As far as extras go, really the only thing of note is an interactive timeline of the Superman mythology which stretched from 1938 to 2006. Some where video clips and others were just text narrative. Overall the 4th season is not as good as the first two, but for fans of the show it is still worth adding to your collection.
This box set marked the final season to the memorable show Lois and Clark and while it didn't quite have the action and dark dramatic story-line that Smallville is doing it still was a entertaining show for the mid 90's. The chemistry with Dean Cain and Terti Hatcher was amazing similar at the time with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson and their chemistry showed greatly with the full run of the show. The series villains for the show were pretty light-written as meaning that unlike the Lex Luthor of Smallville they made the Lois and Clark one more whimsical with the notion of his obsession with Lois Lane. The series effects by today standards might not be the greatest to see but still there not all that bad for their time and if you've seen other shows playing at the same time you'll see that the effects could have been a lot worse off. So for any Superman fan who's looking for a more romantic look at the Lois and Clark story-line this shows a good choice for that...
on August 30, 2014
I hadn't seen this season since it first aired on TV years ago. I remembered some things and others seemed familiar. It isn't as good as the previous seasons for the most part but it was still fun to watch. My only complaint is the very end of the finale episode (no spoilers, I promise) made absolutely no sense at all. It would have been better if there had been some sort of explanation as to how & why that happened.

The packing, like the previous seasons, is a completely different issue though. Like before they are in some stupid case setup where the discs are stacked one on top of the other. All but 2 of the discs were scratched (all played okay in the end though). To top it all off, at the very bottom, under the final disc and on the bottom of the case there was some gross brown gooey junk that I don't have the slightest clue what it was, but it had gotten onto disc 6 and had to be removed. It did not come off the disc very well but did eventually get removed so it wouldn't damage my dvd player too. There was a large amount in the case though and it had to be scrubbed out with rubbing alcohol. I have no idea what that junk was but it was not some sort of glue and seemed more like some sort of nasty food-like substance that dropped into the case. I personally would look for a different version with the old packaging instead of risk this setup with the way the discs are stacked, and there could be more of that gooey junk in other packages as well, so be cautious when buying this exact version of the show!
on May 24, 2014
I loved the Pilot for Lois & Clark so much that I usually say it's my favorite Superman movie. The first season was excellent. The second was still pretty good. The third was okay. The fourth was pretty bad. Now that I've rewatched the entire series I've been better able to pinpoint what I didn't like about the later seasons. It was too light. I think I may have said that before, but for me the problem became that they took a rich storyline (the comics from the '80s and '90s were quite good with their continuity) and turned it into a simplistic romance novel. It ended up being almost a parody of itself, not to mention the source material, and the ending was pure sap. The introduction of the god-like 'Mike' (who I suppose is meant to be then-editor Mike Carlin) to wrap things up and guarantee a happy ending was a disaster, and ended an otherwise good series on a very sour note.

Dean Cain's performances improved steadily over the four seasons. Teri Hatcher is always excellent, but her Lois was written as way to whiny and self-absorbed. Everybody else was a sidekick, whereas in the comics of that time they all had their own strong storylines. This is why television is a good medium for bringing comics to the screen, because big budget movies don't have time for everything and have to go for the "Wow Factor".

After watching it again I have to admit I liked it better the second time around, or my rating would have been a lot worse. Even the last season did have its moments, and I'm not sorry I bought it. It just could have been so much better.
on August 1, 2013
I had read lots of reviews on this 4th season that claimed it wasn't that good and was hesitant to buy it for awhile. Yet, I had enjoyed the initial three seasons and finally had to see for myself. Surprisingly, there's a lot here to like even if some of the episodes weren't as strong as I had come to expect from my overall recollections of past seasons. After all, where are you going to find more shows from this series?
So, now you can see an interpretation of how Superman adapts to married life. It sounded like they still had plans to continue for another season, so with that in mind, the last show of the season is understandably not bringing things to a conclusive ending. So, I couldn't rate it higher than 4 stars. It's worth it just to see more of the continuing story portrayed by Terri Hatcher & Dean Cain plus the supporting cast!
I recommend buying it If you liked the 1st three seasons. It just seems odd to me that it has been priced higher by sellers than the previous seasons. I suspect it may be due to supply and demand?
on September 9, 2017
Season Four continues the adventures of Lois and Clark into their marriage. I wanted a change of pace from the police series that I usually watch. This was an enjoyable change.
on May 7, 2017
This is a great item, my boyfriend collects all these tv shows, movies, etc. He is very happy when I surprise him with random gifts.
on August 28, 2016
Lois seems to have a lower IQ than one would expect. The way she gets into trouble all the time is kinda dumb. But the stories do move on, and most of them are well worth watching again.