|Digital List Price:||$15.99|
|Print List Price:||$15.95|
Save $5.90 (37%)
The Lois Wilson Story: When Love is not Enough, The Biography of the Cofounder of Al-Anon. Kindle Edition
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
thanks for writing this book, so many people just don't get it that Lois Wilson herself was a woman destined for greatness and it took God putting these two together, because without Lois, Bill would've perished long before he started AA. Thanks!!!
By: William G. Borchert
Center City, Minnesota 55012-0176
Lois Wilson was an amazing, wonderful woman and the world is a better place because she and her husband were in it. Author William G. Borchert used his words to express this woman's life, her trials, tribulations, and sanctification. Lois Wilson was the co-founder of the Al-Anon, and Alateen fellowships. Her husband Bill Wilson was one of the founders of Alcoholics Anonymous.
This amazing book about her life starts as a flash back. It begins with introducing you to a very unhappy Lois in the early 1930's. Then it shifts to her beginnings. The book takes your hand and walks you through the entire life of Lois Wilson, her family, and some of her friends. It gives you explicit details about her life, how AA came about, Bill, and Al-Anon.
Lois met her husband Bill, who was four years her junior, in Vermont. This would prove to be a love that stood the test of time and alcohol. They married in January, before he went of to fight in WWI. They had a beautiful wedding in her parent's house in Brooklyn, and they were married for fifty-three years.
Lois's life with Bill was full of ups and downs. He was in the Army, and then an investigator on Wall Street. Bill was a genius. He began his drinking days when he was overseas, and it continued as it was seen as acceptable in his profession. This later carried on into him becoming an alcoholic.
Lois was forced to be the breadwinner of the family as Bill's drinking got worse and cost them everything that they had. Through all the years that she went through with him having this horrible sickness, she began to change and harbor much resentment.Read more ›
Anyone, be they a friend, loved one or suffering alcoholic, whose life has been affected by the cunning, baffling, powerful family dis-ease of alcoholism can find hope when reading this book.
So many people never get past the feeling that once the drunk takes his last drink everything will be better. Lois discovered, and I have, too, that for the serious AA's, their sobriety MUST be the most important thing in their lives....family MUST be second. Until you understand and accept that, you are going to feel slighted by your AA's involvement with his fellow drunks. Books like this drive home that message.
The title refers I think to her disappointment that it was other alcoholics, not her love that helped Bill W stay sober. And yet the love that empowered her to serve, to bless, to do the next right thing no matter what weaves it way through the book and has to be part of the formidable force that changed the world.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Lois and Bill Wilson were the best thing to happen to disfunctional famalies in the last 2000 years. AA and Al-Anon have saved more families than most vaccines.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
It is very interesting and awakening to note the view of Lois on the things happened to Bill W.Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
Well written book, I had enjoyed reading this book very much... FantasticPublished 13 months ago by Amazon Customer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups > Women
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Addiction & Recovery > Adult Children of Alcoholics
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Addiction & Recovery > Alcoholism
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Addiction & Recovery > Twelve-Step Programs
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Addiction & Recovery > Alcoholism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Addiction & Recovery > Twelve-Step Programs
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Family
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Self-Help
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Women's Personal Growth