Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.98 shipping
Lola Mazola's Happyland Adventure: My John 3:16 Book Hardcover – February 1, 2008
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
About the Author
Top customer reviews
It begins with a young girl, Lola Mazola, begging her father for money to go to Happyland. The brochure tells of a wonderful place with rides, shows, lakes hotels, a water park and a zoo! But her daddy doesn't have the money. He tries to sell a painting so that she can go, but no one buys a painting that day.
The next day Lola goes to Sunday School where her teacher, who is also her Uncle Tom Tweed, teaches the class about John 3:16. He examines the verse little by little from the beginning, answering all the children's questions.
* WHO IS GOD? "He made trees and plants. Bees and ants. And fleas and seas and knees and peas. And bumblebees and chimpanzees." Though we can't see God, He is all around us and He loves us very much.
* WHAT IS THE WORLD? The planet earth and all that it contains, including you and me.
* WHO IS GOD'S SON? is: Jesus. Lola's uncle tells the class about Jesus' birth; how He grew up to be a man, a teacher and a preacher. "He was perfect. Perfectly perfect." Then he tells of Jesus' death and resurrection.
* WHY DID JESUS DIE AND RETURN TO LIFE? "For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish ..."
* WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO PERISH? The teacher talks about Heaven and how it is God's happy land; how it is so much better than here. "It's perfect. Perfectly perfect." "To perish means never getting to go to God's happy land."
* WHY WOULD WE BE PREVENTED FROM GOING TO HEAVEN? "Because we have all broken God's rules in the Bible ... But since Jesus died on the cross, God can forgive us ... Then we can go to His perfect place."
* HOW DO WE GET THIS FREE GIFT? We believe in Him.
* WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BELIEVE? Put your trust in Jesus to cover our sins and believe God wants us to spend eternity with Him. It also means living your life with Him as Lord, seeking to obey His commands.
Finally, Lola's uncle gives the class a sample prayer they can pray along with their own copy of John 3:16 to take home with them.
When Lola gets home, she is still upset about not being able to go to Happyland. That is, until Uncle Tom surprises her with a gift: $100! It's enough for her to go! As she packs her bags, she tells her father it's the nicest thing anyone has ever done for her. He reminds her: "Not quite ..." Her father opens his Bible to John 3:16 then tells Lola again of the gift God gave her: eternal life if she will believe in Jesus.
As bonus features, this book offers a letter to parents at the beginning and notes in the back for the whole family. A certificate is included for kids to sign and date when they choose to believe in Jesus. Finally, a "Now what?" section which offers four practical tips for helping believers grow their faith and relationship with Jesus.
What I Like:This is the first children's book I've seen that so clearly details God's plan of salvation in such a logical manner! I love the step-by-step (inductive) study of this verse. It's beautifully accurate and age-appropriate. The running rhymes and sporadic repetition are fun to read and hear! The illustrations by Glin Dibley are friendly and colorful. Finally, the front and back matter are excellent.
What I Dislike: This is not a dislike, but ... Scripture quotations are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible - a version likely unfamiliar to most. It was distracting and cumbersome at times because I've memorized John 3:16 in different, more common versions.
Overall Rating: Excellent
Tanya -- Christian Children's Book Review