Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 67 reviews
on October 30, 2012
Originally I bought this camera because I wanted to take fisheye photos but didn't have the money for a dSLR plus a fisheye lens. I am pretty happy with this camera overall! I had never used a film camera before this one but it's easy to figure out. Also, it has a multiple exposure switch and a bulb setting, so you can use them to make pretty cool effects. The mx switch allows you to take multiple shots on the same frame, and the bulb setting allows you to keep the shutter open as long as you want, so you can play around with light painting, etc.

Pros:
cheaper than dSLR + fisheye lens
pretty sturdy for being plastic
easy to use, good for beginners
allows major creativity

Cons:
viewfinder is higher than the lens, so you sort of have to guess where to aim the lens
doesn't work in darker settings; would recommend using on very sunny days
the large lens actually blocks the flash, so you have a dark spot on the side of the photo

All in all, this is a pretty good camera for someone who is new to the concept of film photography. Not for perfectionists, since I can guarantee some of your pictures won't turn out. The camera shoots best in bright light and you will need the flash for most darker settings. As I mentioned, the flash is blocked a little by the lens, so I would recommend buying a ring flash if that will bother you. I have probably taken about a hundred photos and love about 1/3 of them. I would recommend this product.
on March 12, 2011
I am no photographer by any means. And I haven't picked up film cameras since disposable cameras before good ol' point-and-shoot. But I was so intrigued by serendipitous lomography, so I ended up getting this after hours of research and internet eye-shopping (especially since I knew nothing about film or lomo). Diana seemed awesome, but I wasn't ready to invest that much money yet. The $50 fisheye 2 seemed more or less perfect. Since I live in sunny LA, I took many pictures outside in the sun on beautiful days, totally abusing lens flare, lots of sky, lots of sunlight. Also night time and indoors with friends, always with flash. After getting 3 rolls of 36-exposure lomography 400 iso films developed, I got more than 80 decent pictures, which was a huge shock to me! Because I always read reviews about how terrible everyone's pictures ended up being, with half or even third developing to worth anything. That's when I thanked all the research I did on how to really use the camera and how to get the best pictures. You should do your research too!

Two things that suck:
The lens cap sucks. I carry it in a generic case with extra film so no biggie.
When using built-in flash, it creates a shadow on the bottom-right corner of the picture. But I guess that just gives me an excuse to buy other flashes :)

It is SO much fun. Just relax and enjoy! Definitely recommended.
review image
on January 2, 2013
I was really excited to get this as I was interested in trying film cameras and this camera looked so fun. At the same time, I wasn't expecting much considering the price, lack of controls, and that it's made out of plastic. But it doesn't feel like plastic and I think the silver part is metal but I could be wrong! It feels very sturdy. The viewfinder is great and lets you see the way a fisheye lens sees, which is fun to look at especially when it's detachable and it makes people like and understand what the camera does. I loaded it with 400 Lomography 35mm film, which I loved the results in. The landscapes I took were curved beautifully and the colors were super vibrant. i even switched the "mx" button and did a multiple exposure which turned out beautiful. I also put an AA battery in for the flash and brought it bowling with my friends. The flash is powerful and effective for a few feet away, and i got lit up, fun shots of me and my friends! It's 170 degree view really takes in a lot, and me and my friends put it on a table and looked up for a really fun picture. The bulb mode is really interesting too but you have to make sure to keep it still. I'm so excited to make more memories and take more beautiful pictures in this camera! I couldn't be happier.
on September 2, 2012
It's easy and fun to use!

Today I shot a roll using the lomography negative 35mm film iso 100 and the pictures came out clear when in bright sunny weather. Without much sunlight the pictures didn't come out as bright and clear. I am sure you can shoot up to 36 pictures with this film but only 29 came out... I am still new to using the camera and film so I really don't know why I could only end up shooting 29.

Otherwise, I like it. I dropped it off at Walgreens to put on a CD and then I edit them on photobucket. I am going to try iso 400 film soon!

When taking pictures though... the leash or whatever got in some of the pictures so beware when taking a picture of the object in a downward angle!

One more thing, when opening the camera it had it white fuzzy paste in the camera which I thought was weird... I am not so picky about it so I tried to wipe it off. Some of the crust is still there though... weird... o.o;
on July 17, 2013
This camera is well made for a toy. I'm using it for fun shots but I didn't anticipate the how expensive film processing is ($12 & up a roll,) and how little I know about light. Knowledge of lighting is essential when trying to use this camera, with its fixed 1/100 F8 shutter speed and aperture. Film isn't too hard to find, most drug stores and grocery stores carry a few selections. The lomography site has cool film available as well if you want Instagram results with a film camera. :-) Way Cool in my opinion. Kind of helps set you apart on this ever increasing digital world.
on October 11, 2009
This is a great buy. I didn't really expect such great image quality, in bright sunlight you get great results no matter what speed film you're using. In low light, I strongly recommend a hot shoe flash. I ordered my fisheye 2 with a replacement color splash flash. This combination leads to killer photos. The multiple exposure switch is a great addition, for even more amazing, trippy effects.
The cons are size and lens cap. The size of the lens makes it difficult to carry around all the time, though it does fit nicely in a messenger bag. The lens cap is garbage, it falls off all the time, and is made this translucent silicone/rubber(?) material, I wish it was black, because I am quite compulsive and like to hit the shutter at random moments with the cap on. I find that wrapping the strap around the lens cap like a rubber band keeps it on just fine.
All around, I still give this camera a 5, because the photos come out great, and its a nice alternative to purchasing the hundred and something dollar fisheye lens for the LC-A
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on August 3, 2017
The lomographic camera is really cool for taking specialty pictures. We received it right before our trip to Hawaii and came back with a lot of unique pictures.
on October 2, 2011
The camera is okay. I recommend you to take the picture in a bright environment (sunny weather). If you need to take picture outside in the late afternoon, for shutter speed you'd better choose B instead of N, even when you are using high ISO film. Otherwise, the noise of the picture will drive you crazy.
NOTE: if you own a DSLR camera body, just buy a fisheye lens. It costs you almost the same, but it will give you nicer and better quality pictures with similar effect. However, if you are familiar using the film camera, you can create an antique feeling of the picture which DLSR can't give you.
Overall, this is a fun camera. However, if you can only tolerate the photo quality produced by a DSLR camera, you shouldn't buy this one.
on November 29, 2010
Let me first say that I love ths camera to pieces and I mostly get really good results.

BUT I had to send it back and get a new one twice until I got one that worked. First, the wheel would only turn in the wrong direction thus not forwarding the film, and the second time the release button could not be pushed at all.

To get good results, always use the flash when in doubt. Use a film with high ISO. 400 is good. Don't waste your money on expensive "lomo" films and instead buy the cheap film from drug stores.

Expired films will often bring out a cool new effect, if you're into that.

Be sure to check out the submarine case for near- or underwater use.
review image
on November 26, 2012
This camera is fantastic. The long exposure setting provides for great pictures, as does the double, triple, etc. setting. I used the double exposure setting while in Japan, and got some amazing photos. The only MINOR problem with it is that you must be pretty close to the subject to get good details, although that should be expected with a fisheye lens. Mine was actually stolen from me recently, so I'm on my second one!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.