Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on August 16, 2011
this adapter works as its supposed to.. you can now attach all your Diana lenses to your canon EF (electro-focus/EOS) or EF-S (electric-focus digital/EOS) lenses. the adapter doesn't let in unnecessary light, and it is a very snug fit! it is made out of plastic, however, and there are a couple negative design issues i'd like to point out.

1) it is made out of plastic.

2) when you first start using this adapter (new), it is a little difficult to get it properly 'hooked' onto your Diana lenses. it takes quite a bit of mason-jar-cranking-power to get the adapter and lens connected, and even more to take them apart after you are done taking pictures. older folks might have a very hard time with this.. especially given the general small size of some of the Diana's optics, it can be extremely difficult to disconnect this adapter from your lenses.

3) if you are going to be switching out a lot of different Diana F+ lenses on your canon, I would advise getting one of these adapters for each Diana lens. every time you take this adapter on or off one of the Diana lenses, the small plastic edge that 'hooks' (the adapter to the lens) gets quite a bit of wear. I've switched lenses on this probably ~300 times, and the hook is quite worn. the lens-to-adapter connection is starting to get a little loose. if I had an adapter for each lens (making it unnecessary to take the adapter[s] off lenses at all), this wouldn't be an issue.

4) this is minor, but there is no 'red dot' on the adapter itself to help you line it up with the 'red dot' on your canon camera (the little red dot you use when switching lenses on your canon.. the one that let you know where to start turning so you can connect lens-to-camera)... personally i've used this enough, I know that when attached the letter "o" in the word "canon" on the adapter lines up with the red dot perfectly.. so I just use that as a reference.

5) it is necessary to apply extra turning pressure to 'lock' the adapter onto your camera (same as when you are putting a lens on your canon and you hear the final 'click' letting you know its locked in place).. locking this adapter in place on your canon takes quite a bit of additional turning power.. enough so that it's worth mentioning in this review, anyway!

Keep in mind these problems i've outlined above are minor ... purchasing an adapter for each of your Diana lenses would eliminate nearly every issue I had with this product. all in all, the product works great ... and its absolutely essential if you want to use these lenses on your canon - making my issues irrelevant anyway! ;-) .. you can however take some very nice 'old LOMO style' video through these lenses (given that your canon has video capabilities).. it also takes very nice stills, as long as you enjoy taking your time with your shots. (remember - manual focus!)

hope this helps some of you out. if you have any questions about this product or my review, feel free to ask: mannox [at] gmail . com

take care!
-d
on November 18, 2013
I actually used this to mount the cheap Diana lenses to a Red Epic digital cinema camera with the Canon mount. It worked! I shot a grindhouse style opening for a horror film with this mount and the Diana lenses. They loved the look. The reason I don't give it 5 stars is because it is a super cheap plastic adapter and is easily broken. Of course, for this price you could buy 10 of them.
on January 12, 2015
I was excited to read about this, thinking about how interesting it would be to experiment with my Lomo lenses on my Canon T3. Unfortunately, this fits on very loosely and sometimes falls off. I have to hold it awkwardly for it to stay on, most times. It's definitely not something you can keep on your camera for an extended period of time.

On the plus side, this does create interesting looking images -- it gives them a dreamier quality. But I think that I would rather achieve a dreamy digital image in post-production rather than through this device. Since most of the lenses are fixed, many of the images can show up blurry. I think I will mostly stick to using my Diana F and its lenses, and use my Canon T3 for digital images, with digital lenses.
I just wanted to verify that the lenses will snap snugly into the adapter if you twist it, like the other reviewer stated. I found that the hole in the adapter is smaller than the rear element of the 20mm fisheye lens, and that's pretty much wasting at least 1 stop of light for no reason, so I drilled it out to make it the same size as the rear element. It gives you a little more blurriness too. I've never used the other lenses, but if the rear element on those is even larger than the fisheye, which would make sense, I don't see a reason not to drill out the whole center of the adapter, as long as you still have those tabs for locking the lens on. These are my advices. Do what you will.
on November 2, 2010
I bought one of these with the "Lomography Diana F+ 55mm Lens and Close-up Lens" to use with my Canon XSi and later T1i. It took a little effort to get the lens to attach to it, but once it was locked in it was definitely locked tight. I know I've seen people complain about the lens falling off, but I've never had that problem. In fact, when I decided to buy another Diana lens I just bought another adapter so I didn't have to mess with prying it off the lens it was already on.
on February 27, 2011
I bought this along with the 20mm fisheye. I knew that my 1.6x crop would affect the photographs, but WOW! I love the results. Soft, dreamy Diana with a bit of distortion. I also used it with the 75mm Diana kit lens and love the focal length on the 1.6x. I haven't experimented too much, but I'm happy to be able to use my Diana lenses on my DSLR for when I'm feeling a bit lazy or just want to have some fun. BTW, the 20mm on the 1.6x makes for a decent Diana walk-around lens.
on January 7, 2012
This item worked as described. Initially, we felt like we were going to break something when removing it from the camera and lens. I bought this as a gift for my wife, and using a Diana lens on her Canon 20D didn't really work like I thought it would. Obviously I'm not a photographer, so I'm sure there are technical reasons why that didn't work. Just a bit of advice: if you aren't technical, don't buy this hoping to get the Lomography look, because it won't happen.
on September 8, 2014
after i figured out how to line everything up properly every thing fit securely and does what its suppose to. i will probably buy one for each lens i get because since it is all plastic i can see how wear could be an issue in the future
on February 12, 2013
I use this on my 7D with the Diana F+ 38 and get that nice dreamy effects that you want from a plastic lens only problem is I haven't been able to remove the lens from the adaptor but if I really wanted another Diana lens for my camera I would just but another adaptor with it
on May 5, 2016
Fit perfectly !
USING 550D

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.