Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 11, 2012
I understand this is a camera made of plastic, and had it arrived in fully working condition I might have kept it, but it was either the 35mm back or the film advancer itself that was faulty. I got the kit since it seemed like a great deal and it would be fun to experiment with all the different lenses, but also because it gave me the option of using 120mm film or 35mm. Since I already had 35mm film on hand, I thought I'd try that out first, but the film would just not advance. The little teeth would catch the film sprockets but could not spin with the added tension. I poured over the manual, watched videos, I even took it to a camera shop and had a technician take a look, at which point he advised me to invest in Holga rather than Diana. I get the feeling this equipment breaks on the regular. Sticking with my polaroid for now I suppose.
on May 15, 2011
If you understand this cameras flaws, you will understand it's strengths. In gentle understanding hands she will jump to life and astound you with her unique perspectives. When getting aquainted with her, take her on a nice picnic date on a nice bright sunny day. Diana is a sunny day kind of girl, not found of overcast days. She's famous for her light leaks, which are stunning if you've never seen them. Totally unique, no other camera can take pics quite like her.

Advice; use quality film! If you use cheap film don't expect brilliance. I've used 4 rolls of Fuji Film color 400 and the results were less than stunning. Ask the developer to saturate the color, as the color will seem weak when processed on standard settings. The developer will know what you mean. I've shot 2 rolls with Lomography black and white 100 and I was shocked! Totally gorgeous contrasts and depth! When starting out I suggest shelling out and buying nice film, as it will give you a better understanding of what medium format can do.

The bad; made out of plastic. Light as a feather, but could easily break, so be gentle! And never force the film to advance as it could break the mechanism.

I recommend shelling out and buying the deluxe kit which comes with all the lenses and accessories. It's way cheaper than buying it all piecemeal. I have the fisheye lens which makes for some great shots in black and white!
on January 21, 2013
I've been a fotobug for almost 40 yrs. and professional for over 30 of them. Switched to digital 12 yrs. ago and love it. Before digi I spent many hours in a darkroom and developing my own b/w film and recently got the urge to shoot some film again but not in a traditional way. I owned a Diana camera in the 90's, so when I researched and found a whole new movement dedicated to toy camera's (Lomography) it got me interested and so I bought the Diana+ complete kit and it is well worth it. If you were to buy all separately you would spend well over $300. There's plenty of film available to shoot (120,35 & instant film) and it is a ton of fun. Now I scan the film and work in PS to finish the work. It doesn't replace digital for serious work but it has already given me some interesting images to add to my catalogue.
on March 6, 2012
Love this camera, great features, cheap, and easy to use. iv shot 4 rolls of film so far and have had every shot come out great. I do suggest doing a little research on flickr first to get the most out of your camera and to learn a few helpful tips. Like how to avoid a "fat roll". Product was as ordered and arrived on time
on June 5, 2013
I bought this to replace my Holga that started acting up (the spring on the shutter was sticking and the built in flash broke). I much prefer the Diana to that because it is easier to open and close, easier to load the film, and you can exchange the lenses/do pinhole. I will agree with others that the Lomo cameras are overpriced for what they are, but buying it here on Amazon is the best deal around.

A word about medium format: this camera is best if you have the ability to at least develop film yourself and scan the negatives onto the computer. If you have to get the film developed and prints made from an outside source, it is going to cost you, especially B&W film developing, because it is done by hand at the smaller, independent photo labs. All that aside, this camera is great fun for B&W and color!
on May 16, 2017
Doesn't keep the sprockets of the film attached so you can't advance the film or take photos. Also the film counter doesn't work so even if you could, you wouldn't know where you're at in your roll of film or if you're double exposing. Not worth a darn penny, do NOT purchase this camera
on July 8, 2015
Nice camera, I bought it for my girlfriend as an introduction into medium format. It's simple to use for a 120 camera, compared to a yashica mat 124 G, which can be pretty difficult to operate. She's already got the hang of it and has taken some pretty sweet photos. It's a great camera to buy and a lot of fun.
on May 17, 2015
I am currently enrolled in a medium format film photography class at my college. We do have access to a number of mamiya tlrs and slrs. However, I wanted something of my own. I was initially looking at one of the fujifilm gw series of cameras, but they are currently out if my budget. Seeing this set "used" for a substantial discount I decided to throw caution to the wind and bite. I am hardly a lomographer, I use a Sony a7, an Olympus OM1, and a vast array of high quality film point and shoots. I have had a few dslrs, micro 43s and premium digital point and shoots. That being said, I have been long intrigued by this set. The idea of an interchangeable plastic system camera that shoots in 120 is exciting and I had a call back to my youth as one of my first camera was a holga.
The "used" set I bought came as new. In the box, blister packed, tied in. I saw no discernible signs of use, and it arrived in a box from Lomography. The set itself is massive and impressive. You get the kitchen sink. You would be hard-pressed to not find what you needed in this kit. It also comes with a few beautifully printed books that really give a feel for the lomo lifestyle.
The materials are solid for what they are, plastic. They are a few steps below Bakelite, but certainly above your average cheapie plastic. Good stuff but certainly not rugged war-photography goods. But you knew that.
As for the images: the lenses are sharper than I expected. Quite good in fact. But!! If you are using this for mission critical shots, beware. Out of the 5 rolls I've shot, I have maybe been rewarded with 5 usable shots. Exposure is hard to nail, even if set correctly and I have had a number of overly dense or overly thin negative frames that have made enlarging difficult if not impossible.
However, the shots the you do get have a certain something about them. In fact they are beautiful. Often people call the images dreamy when referring to plastic cameras, but it's more than that. There is a timeless quality to the images. And I am more than happy with the ones I do get.
As a side note, this camera makes double exposures super easy, in fact so easy it becomes default if you aren't careful. Well I've never experimented with double exposure much, and this camera has taught me that I don't particularly like them. Haha. Just something to keep in mind.
So my honest assessment: at the full new price it's a bit much, fun but the price of entry is a little high in my opinion. However at the discounted used price, it is well worth it. Give it a shot.
on June 7, 2014
I've had fun with this camera and enjoy using it. Is SO nice having a camera that weighs nothing! If you like basic cameras, plastic lenses, and no frills then this is a nice low cost choice. Regarding the cost - the up charge for the flash attachment is ridiculously overpriced and its a very cheap, weak flash. Looks real cool but its a rip. Don't know if they sell it separately but Lomography makes an adapter that allows you to attache a hot shoe flash to this camera. With that you can find an almost as cool, more powerfull flash on Ebay for less. Regarding the camera there seems to be a parallax issue - don't put the subject matter at the top of the viewfinder because it will be cut off. My only real complaint is that loading film is a pain in the rear. Major pain. Do not make this camera your first 120 film size camera unless you are a patient individual. Its very easy to start the film on the take-up spool slightly off and then, after you close the camera, and begin to wind the camera to the first shot, you find that the take-up spool jams. You can only fix this by opening the camera, removing the film and hand winding the film back onto the source spool. I've been doing 120 film photography for decades and this still happened to me, only once so far. The only other thing of concern is that the plastic tabs that hold the spools to the camera, that have to be bent to allow insertion of the spools, are VERY thin and look like they would break if you looked at them hard. Have fun!
VINE VOICEon August 15, 2011
I first learned about this camera at the Look3 Festival of the Photograph in Charlottesville, Virginia back in June. It seems every pro photographer has this camera or has the iPhone app. which replicates it's unique style. I shot my first roll of film last week and can honestly say I am hooked.

It's the imperfections that make this unique. After years of shooting in digital, there is something nice about loading film and not knowing immediately what the photo is going to look like.

The only drawback is that this camera is extremely flimsy. I wasn't expecting an all-plastic camera to be built like a tank, but this is pretty light even when compared to other all-plastic cameras. My advice is if you are going to carry this around with you a lot like I do, then invest in a case. Even a cheap one is probably better than nothing.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.