Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on January 18, 2014
I felt the need to offer my viewpoint due to some really negative reviews here. Yes it is a plastic camera than quickly runs through 36 exposure film in less than 2 min. But people lived with that for decades with amateur 16mm, 8mm, and Super 8!

I can understand the complaint with the lomokinoscope. I have yet to enjoy that as I have been using negative film which really doesn't work well with it, but hey that's life. Time to try slide film next!

It does take getting a little used to loading and getting it to work. I would recommend that you purchase an obviously non-usable roll of 35mm to practice loading and unloading so you don't mess up your actual footage on your first outing.

When I scan the film I use a flatbed scanner and the utility "kinocut" which makes the scanning process no harder than scanning regular 35mm still film. I did have to add some contrast between the frames on one roll that came out wonky but kinocut grabs the small frames and makes a simple video that you can paste together in any movie editing software.

Is this the easiest way to get into shooting traditional film movies? Probably not, I still feel that Super 8 is easier due to the presence of labs and professional scanning. But if you're like me and can stomach the challenge of getting my 35mm developed "un-cut" and scanning it at home then you are hundreds of dollars ahead. There is something special and vintage about the low frames per second and lo-fi feel that the Lomokino creates which are unique and not easily replicated!
on February 25, 2015
The LomoKino Super35mm Camera is exactly what it claims to be. I have enjoyed using it, it gives great images in a stylized way. Using a negative to digital scanner, I was able to easily get 4k video from the footage. The frame rate is about 5fps which leaves a rather jumpy image (I would have rather had 15fps, but that would only allow for 10 sec of footage from a 36 exp roll as opposed to the 30 sec of footage you get at 5fps) read my full review here: http://daviddefino.blogspot.com/2015/02/lomokino-super-35mm-camera-review.html
on October 19, 2015
It's a great product to do experimentation, if you love film and film making and photography you'll like this. But as all lomography products this is all plastic, and for example you need to pull hard the lomo king winder to load or unload the film and I wonder how much time will that part last before it cracks. But hey, it's a great toy.
on February 25, 2013
It's plastic construction is reminiscent of a disposable camera. This is not an heirloom product that will stand the test of time, but instead a photographic experiment that will encourage your interest in filmmaking. If you lost it in a Siberian snowbank or dropped it in a lake your day would not be ruined. The tiny plastic rewind handle needs special attention when under operation. Despite it's axiomatic construction you can product some interesting photographic work with this simple tool.
on February 13, 2017
Some of the viewer were broken and missing. It doesn't work properly.
on October 4, 2014
Doesn't work I need to return
on March 31, 2012
Unfortunately, so far this product is been very difficult to use. I'm video editor and I found it intriguing but I have to say the level of difficulty for actually getting your film developed and then being able to make something cohesive out of it is far too much for anyone who simply wants to do something quickly. I would have to advise against the lomokino unless you are person that really loves Film And has the ability to develop and scan it yourself. Otherwise for someone who wants to get this look I would suggest using a plug-in for video editing program.
44 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question