Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: London Fog Windguard Oversize Auto Open-Close Umbrella, Blue/Black, One Size
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on December 6, 2012
I live near Seattle and have to walk quite a lot everyday, so this umbrella sees near daily use. It works great day after day and hasn't shown any signs of wear after 7 months. It's compact enough to fit easily in my backpack so it's unobtrusive on those rare days that I don't actually use it but it still has a large canopy. It opens and shuts easily, the carry strap is still connected to the handle, none of the canopy bars have disconnected from the fabric, it still folds perfectly despite having been inverted several times (not matter how careful you are, it seems impossible to not flip an umbrella inside out eventually), it is super easy to pack into it's case, the velcro still holds itself shut, basically this umbrella has none of the flaws that every single previous umbrella I've owned has had. Although it seems impossible, if I do eventually break (or lose) this umbrella, I will be purchasing it again. If you are tired of searching for the perfect umbrella then look no further, I can't recommend this one enough.
on May 1, 2011
On the upside, the auto open/close feature is quick and smooth and I have used it in a couple strong winded storms without breaking it. On the downside, the metal workings are a little flimsey and this umbrella easily turns inside-out. It's a hair better than anything I've owned so far.
on February 4, 2015
I just received the umbrella and tried to open it (by pressing the button) and suddenly the whole canopy flew away for 7 FEET and hit the wall while the handle was still in my hand!!! I'm lucky to try this at home and the flying canopy didn't hurt anyone or break anything!!! THIS IS DANGEROUS!!!

The picture attached explains it all. Of course I didn't even try to fix it because I don't want to make another launch. I've already applied for a return & refund. I hope I'm the only one who encountered this freaking situation and I'm looking forward to getting an explanation from the seller or amazon.
review image
on October 28, 2013
I just received this umbrella and it looks and feels like a very good quality. Life will show whether it will meet my expectations. I gave it 5 stars in advance. I have only one important comment: when description of the item says " 54 inch arch canopy " it does not mean that it will keep area 54" in diameter out of rain. 54 is a length of the arch. So I measured dimensions of the area that is more meaningful: it was 46"x43". Keep in mind the umbrella has a shape of octahedron. Also it is 14"x3" when it's fully folded. This is update after 1 month. Today is exactly one month since I purchased this umbrella. We had unusually dry season and only today I had a reason to use my new umbrella. I opened it, walked with umbrella no more than 200 feet to my car. Got in, pressed the button to close and then pushed both ends toward each other. Since my right hand was wet handle slips out, umbrella extends back and handle disconnects from the rod and flies away like a bullet. Umbrella is gone. Came home. Completed return request. Changed 5* rating to 1*
on October 11, 2012
I needed an umbrella that I could keep in car pocket for our sudden downpours here in South Florida. So far this has been a great umbrella that did not turn inside out when in high wind. It is larger than most collaspable umbrellas and can fit two under it in a pinch.
on December 7, 2014
There is leakage because of unique design. Water dropping every few minutes. Do not buy this umbrella. They made body from 2 pieces and between is not sewing, its open :) Open close button hard to feel during cold or rain ongoing.
review image
on February 10, 2014
Expected the London Fog name to be worth the price, but extremly disappointed. Doesn't open up correctly and very hard to completely close. if you are looking for a auto open/close due to dexterity issues look elsewhere.
on February 15, 2014
I've been in the market for an umbrella to keep with me for my walks to the bus for quite some time. I have a T*tes which is... adequate; not very large, rusting spines, opens a little bit gimpy after maybe a dozen uses and being caught once in moderate wind. I tried the R*G brand, again small, but looked like it was made better (can't vouch for that because I returned it).

No comparison whatsoever with this umbrella:
* Yes, it is heavier. That is because steel is heavier than tinfoil.
* Significantly larger diameter, not a compact umbrella when opened at all.
* Wind resistent construction (the spines are reenforced and it is vented).
* Nicer materials throughout (better fabric, coated metal parts, wooden handle).
* Wrist strap.
* Zippered case makes it easy to insert and remove.
* Auto open/close works very well with strong spring.

It is a touch longer than the "compact" models when closed, and it is heavier (sorry, didn't weigh it), and it is fatter when closed, but the experience when using it is incommensurate and the cost from the other models I tried is only $5-10 more.

Highly recommended.
on September 21, 2012
Before buying this umbrella, I read the reviews to make sure it was a good buy. A lot of people said it was durable and they were right. It is a sturdy umbrella, however it is not very good at keeping me dry. The first time I used this was during a storm in the Philadelphia region, rain started leaking through the top after 15 minutes of use. I would look for another type of oversized umbrella. This product couldn't even perform its purpose, prevent rain from contacting the covered region.
on March 21, 2016
Large umbrella, yet folds up to about 11 inches. Attractive colors. Easy to open even with one hand. I especially like the wind proof feature. Esp for a large umbrella. I appreciate wood grip zipper case, attractive when open. Good balance
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse