- File Size: 926 KB
- Print Length: 62 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Arctic Moon Press (November 3, 2014)
- Publication Date: November 3, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00P86K18M
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #217,566 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Lone Bear (Bear Mountain Book 1) Kindle Edition
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Gage Adams is a handsome loner who lives in the town of Bear Mountain. A town that has belonged to his ancestors for centuries. He helps around the town, but keeps to himself. Oh, by the way, he also happens to be a bear shifter who has found his mate around a year ago, but has not worked up the courage to ask her out yet.
Kate Sinclair after being betrayed by her boyfriend on a camping trip several months ago, has made Bear Mountain her new residence. She loves this town and works as a waitress in the local diner. She is tall and curvier than average women. She thinks Gage is just out of her league. She knows a secret though.
These two are great characters and this is a sexy read along with some danger lurking. I wish it had been longer. I look forward to reading the other books in this series.
"Lone Bear" Bear Mountain book One by Ruby Shae...
This novella is a super, quick, sexy read of about sixty pages. "Lone Bear" is the first in a series of five novellas. This novella is the story of curvy waitress Kate Sinclair and the sexy giant of a man/grizzly bear shifter, Gage Adams.
Gage was so sweet and patient when trying to win over Kate's heart. But he was cautious as well, worrying how Kate would react to his "bear." Gage was strong, protective and instinctual as well as possessive, romantic, sweet and sexy when it came to Kate. Yup...he was perfect!
Kate was a lonely woman, insecure about her body. After camping with so called "friends," she finds herself abandoned in the town of Bear Mountain in Montana. Kate loves the town and proceeds to make it her home. Kate also has a crush on the loner of a giant, Gage Adams and is oblivious to his feelings towards her.
When Kate finds herself in danger, Gage does everything in his power, (which is a hell of a lot), to protect and assure she will always be safe. With him... There are no limits to what he will do to make that happen. Nope...none...
I enjoyed this story for what it was, a super short sexy story with likable characters.
Both characters are likable and I found myself rooting for them.
At the end of the book a new character is introduced for the next book in the series. This a stand alone book, but when I finish this review I am going to start reading book two. Lone Bear is so good...it's got me wanting more.
I highly recommend this book.
Gage was smitten by Kate. He had lived for so long was happy that he finally had found his mate. He worried about how Katie would take him being a bear shifter. Will she agree to mate with him?
Kate finds herself in danger. She knows if she can just get to Gage he will keep her safe. Will Kate be able to get to Gage in time to save her?
- Katie came to Bear Mountain because she ran off the camp site where she found her boyfriend having sex with her best friend. There could have been a lot more made out of the emotional turmoil that would have caused.
- Her misunderstanding Gage's words about finding his mate. He didn't come out and say that she was the mate he had been spending his entire adult life looking for and he wanted to be with her forever so instead she thinks that he is warning her off that he is looking for his perfect mate but doesn't mind fooling around with her while waiting. Typical romance novel misunderstanding and the angst can be so awesome because he really isn't cheating or not caring for her, it's all in her head so when the Happy Ever After ensues it is not ruined by his earlier indiscretions. This sequence should have been more drawn out - the author could have done so much more with it. Made her suffer for a few days and him too when he thought she broke up with him.
- The sheriff's stalking of Katie. The plot where he's not just following her and trying to rape her (or whatever his goal is), but once he is taken care of they find his home full of pictures of her and it's clear he's been all-out obsessed with her. I felt this part of the book was just glossed over when it could have been delved into and given it even more depth.
So all in all, I really loved this book and just wish there was MORE to it!
When danger finds her, she seeks him out and he admits his feelings but not his secret. Will he be able to protect her? Will the secret keep them apart. This is a steamy short with likable characters you want to find each other.
Most recent customer reviews
Normally, I stick with the same three paranormal authors but recently decided to expand my horizons. Boy am I glad I did.Read more