- File Size: 3731 KB
- Print Length: 234 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Forget Me Not Romances, a division of Winged Publications (February 28, 2017)
- Publication Date: February 28, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XCGPJM4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #510,669 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Lone Star Trail (Texas Trails Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
This takes place in late 1845 when Texas barely began being a part of the United States. Germans were being promised land by the Verein—The Protection of German Immigrants in Texas. The Fleischer family sets their feet on dry land after being at sea for two months and head out to Neu-Braunfels, the land they were promised. When their wagon breaks down, it seems God has other plans for them, thus begins the journey none of them foresaw!
I've read and enjoyed many novellas by this author, but really loved this longer novel! The character development, the historical facts and references, the struggles by both German and Americans was all too real. I can understand the hatred of Germans Jud Morgan has , his own father died fighting for Texas' freedom in the war for independence. He's only ever seen them take from the sweat and blood his family and others had poured out on the land and his Morgan horse breeding ranch. When he learns of the new wave of Germans coming his way to claim land, he takes a stand against it. Never realizing maybe his stereotype of them was wrong when it comes to the Fleischer family! As time went on, he saw how hard working, honest & fair they were. Often prideful and working for what they wanted, it certainly impressed Jud!
As for the Fleischer's, they faced one tragedy and hardship after another. Trusting God in all things, they strive to make a living in this new world. Aware of the hatred of some of the Americans and fighting against it, they have a lot to prove! When their lives don't go as planned, each member does what they can to help out the Morgan family and prove they can be trusted. Forming strong bonds, taking care of each other in spite of prejudice, working hard to make a living, and being honest in all their dealings, goes a long way to earn the respect of the community. There are still some who won't accept them, and consequences ensue because of it.
This is a heart-felt, sometimes heart-wrenching tale of two different races of people striving to make a living out of what they know. Of the struggles Germans have learning a new way of life, new language & customs and fighting prejudices. And even a love born out of the ashes of a broken life, giving the reader hope for the future! The reliance of God portrayed in this novel is refreshing, the spiritual theme encouraging and a natural part of the story. I found many Biblical truths and much encouragement in my own life reading this! I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys historical lessons of our great nation, hope-filled lives in spite of tragedy, a wonderful love story that simmers in the background and ends with full force, and reminders that God has good plans for us in spite of what life can throw at us!
My two favorite lines in the book:
“I have learned that God goes with me everywhere I go. And that is enough.” (Wande talking to Marion)
“God was faithful, no matter what the future brought to their families”. (Epilogue)
* I was gifted a copy by the author. I was not required to leave a favorable review and all opinions expressed here are strictly my own *
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Historical
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Westerns
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Westerns