Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet's San Antonio, Austin & Texas Backcountry Road Trips. Featuring four amazing road trips,
plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you'll visit along the way, get to know Buddy Holly's Lubbock, visit a dance hall in Gruene, and hike Big Bend's scenic trails, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's San Antonio, Austin & Texas Backcountry Road Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, Link Your Trip
- Covers Hill Country, Heart of Texas, Big Bend National Park, Texas Gulf Coast, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso, Houston, Port Aransas, San Angelo, Lubbock and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's San Antonio, Austin & Texas Backcountry Road Trips is perfect for exploring San Antonio, Austin and Texas Backcountry in the classic American way - by road trip!
Planning a Texas trip sans a car? Lonely Planet's Texas guide, our most comprehensive guide to Texas, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems, or check out Best of USA, a photo-rich guide to the destination's most popular attractions.
There's More in Store for You:
- For more road-tripping ideas, check out Lonely Planet's USA Best Trips guides to New England, Southwest USA, Pacific Northwest, Florida & the South, New York & the Mid-Atlantic, and USA or Road Trips guides to Route 66, San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country, Pacific Coast Highways, New England Fall Foliage or Civil War Trail Road Trips.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.