Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Europe is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Tour French chateaux, take boat trips to Greek beaches, hike past Bulgarian monasteries and glug Spanish wine; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Europe and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Europe Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and 3-6 week itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, landscapes
- Useful features including Need to Know, If You Like, Month by Month
- Over 200 maps
- Covers Austria, Belgium, Britain, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scandinavia, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Europe is perfect for experiencing all the continent has to offer on a wide range of budgets.
- Looking to make the most of your budget for a longer, multi-country trip? Check out Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestring, a comprehensive guide for connecting with the cultures and exploring both top sights and roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights? Check out Discover Europe, a photo-rich guide that focuses on the top experiences.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out the relevant Lonely Planet destination guides, our most comprehensive guides that cover both top sights and offbeat experiences, or check out our photo-rich Discover or Best of guides, which focus on destinations' most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Alexis Averbuck, Carolyn Bain, Mark Baker, Kerry Christiani, Marc Di Duca, Peter Dragicevech, Mark Elliott, Steve Fallon, Emilie Filou, Duncan Garwood, Anthony Ham, Catherine Le Nevez, Jessica Lee, Tom Masters, Anja Mutic, Sally O'Brien, Becky Ohlsen, Simon Richmond, Andrea Schulte-Peevers, Tamara Sheward, Helena Smith, Andy Symington, Luke Waterson and Neil Wilson.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.