Follow the Authors
Lonely Planet Jordan (Travel Guide) Paperback – July 17, 2018
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Jordan is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Dive kaleidoscopic coral gardens in the Red Sea, channel Lawrence of Arabia and stay at a Bedouin camp at Wadi Rum, and watch the sun set over the honeycombed wonder of Petra - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Jordan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Jordan:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Amman, Jerash, Irbid & the Jordan Valley, Dead Sea Highway, Madaba & the King's Highway, Petra, Aqaba, Wadi Rum & the Desert Highway, Azraq & the Eastern Desert Highway
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Jordan is our most comprehensive guide to the country, and is designed to immerse you in the culture and help you discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
Travelling further afield? Check out Lonely Planet's Middle East guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now
From the Publisher
Welcome to Jordan
A safe haven in a region of conflict, Jordan has delighted visitors for centuries with its World Heritage Sites, friendly towns and inspiring desert landscapes.
Jordan has a tradition of welcoming visitors: camel caravans plied the legendary King's Highway transporting frankincense in exchange for spices while Nabataen tradesmen, Roman legionnaires, Muslim armies and zealous Crusaders all passed through the land, leaving behind impressive monuments.
This guide includes:
- Jordan's Top 15
- Red Sea Diving & Snorkelling
- Outdoor Activities
- On the Road Regional Guides
- And so much more!
- Publisher : Lonely Planet; 10th edition (July 17, 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 344 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1786575752
- ISBN-13 : 978-1786575753
- Item Weight : 13.1 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.04 x 0.71 x 7.76 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #159,974 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the authors
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There aren't a lot of options, so this isn't a comparative review.
I found the book a lot more helpful than the available online content. If you are going to Jordan, buy one! Be sure to enjoy the food while you are there.