Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Lonely Planet Myanmar (Burma) (Country Travel Guide) Paperback – May 1, 2009
There is a newer edition of this item:
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel, "The Lying Game." See more
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
…Lonely Planet for honesty, history, irreverence and budget.' --Esquire
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Publisher
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
The guide also goes the extra mile to provide you with needed information to travel in country. For example, in taking the bus from Myiktyina to Bhamo it not only gives you the contact information and the cost, but reminds you to bring five copies of your passport for the checkpoints.
Overall a superb update!
Problems include the hotels in Yangon that are listed. There are several that are very nice and about $30. US that are not listed.
There's a brand new airport in Yangon and new capitol city. Both are missing as far as I can tell.
Like all travel books, it's outdated when it comes off the press. It is quite good overall however.