Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on August 1, 2014
The book was laid out in a very random way. Pictures didn't always line up with the content of text on the same page. There was very little info about buildings and sites. I had hoped for a little detail so I could explain to my son what we are going to see on our trip. Simple facts like how tall a building is, what year it was built, and a brief history (similar to what the adult Lonely Planet books do) was what I expected. Instead this was more like visual snapshots of NYC sites with no to little supporting text.
on February 9, 2017
This book has lots of fun facts and great graphics. However, not really a travel guide and not for the first time visitor. It's better if you have unusual interests, like 'trash' trivia and have already seen all the popular NY sites. The name implies that you would follow a trail through the city of for each unique topic, but I'm not sure how feasible that would be. There is no indication of how close places are in relation to each other.
on April 21, 2016
Got this for my daughter (she is 8) My husband is planning to take her to NYC for a weekend this year so I figured it would be nice for her to read up before they go. She loves it - so many things in there that she didn't know. Great book for kids that read chapter book
on March 30, 2015
This was a gift for a young friend going to NYC for the first time. It enabled him to decide what he wanted to do/see there.
(Gave London one to another young friend who found it equally helpful/fun.)
on March 11, 2013
My Granddaughter and her family went to New York last summer. I bought this for her as she likes research projects that relate to her life. She carried it to New York with her after presenting her family with a tour of New York and things to do before they left.
What a fun book for kids.
on August 16, 2016
Took our 10 year old granddaughter to NYC and she loved this book. Lots of fun facts.
on February 21, 2017
was a present
on August 20, 2015
Purchased for my 9 year old granddaughter prior to our visit to NY. She did not find the contents interesting.
on July 17, 2015
Great suggestions on what to do in NYC
on December 7, 2012
Gave a lot of little tid bits which was fun to flip thru and get ideas for our first trip to NYC. Kid friendly and engaging for them. I recommend it.