Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Pocket Brisbane & the Gold Coast is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Thrill on the rides, waterslides and movie sets of the Gold Coast's mega theme parks; admire the works of art at Brisbane's Gallery of Modern Art, Australia's biggest gallery of modern and contemporary art; and soak up rays on Australia's only artificial, inner-city beach, Streets Beach, the star attraction at South Bank Parklands, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Brisbane & the Gold Coast and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Pocket Brisbane & the Gold Coast :
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Brisbane map (included in print version), plus over 10 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers Central Brisbane, Fortitude Valley, Kangaroo Point and Woolloongabba, Newfarm, Newstead, South Bank, West End, Surfers Paradise, Main Beach and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Pocket Brisbane & the Gold Coast, a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximise a quick trip experience.
Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all of the east coast of Australia? Check out Lonely Planet's East Coast Australia guide.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home. Follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/lonelyplanet), Twitter (@lonelyplanet), Instagram (Instagram.com/lonelyplanet) and Snapchat (@lonelyplanet).
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)