Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.15 shipping
Lonely Planet Southern Africa (Travel Guide) Paperback – August 1, 2013
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It has good recommendations of places (i booked my hostels using this book and crosschecking with tripadvisor).
It has the same info from some country guides of Africa. I bought the one from Namibia and Botwsana and the Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique. These 2 have basically the same info as this one but with a few more hotels and restaurants indications.
I would recommend buying this one as your have a multi-country guide and it's not so heavy (lighter than the LP's editions of India and Thailand)
- top sights in region + each country
- suggestions for lodging within different budgets (and honest commentary such as 'in the dodgy part of town' or 'some travelers report rooms as being too noisy')
- suggested restaurants & entertainment
- medical/emergency contacts
- transportation for getting from one city/country to another